Surviving Christmas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Surviving Christmas Reviews

November 28, 2014
Very poor production.
November 25, 2014
poorly acted, horrible script. bad set design. Overall a horrible movie.
½ November 24, 2014
literally the worst movie I have ever seen.. no other way to explain it.
November 16, 2014
December 10th 2009
November 16th 2014
½ October 30, 2014
The biggest issue with surviving Christmas is the horrible writing that is unable to provide a character anyone can really like. The acting isn't great and mostly that is due to the por writing as well. This film might have been better with a better writer but as is it is an over-acted, poorly directed and unfunny Christmas flick.
August 5, 2014
(First and only viewing - 11/19/2013)
August 2, 2014
Es una película que no ofrece nada nuevo al espectador que en vez de trasmitir un sentimiento navideño se convierte en un festín de sueños.
No hay chispas en los diálogos, al igual que los personajes que son bastante olvidables.
May 8, 2014
this movie is pretty funny i enjoyed it.
March 23, 2014
Thought it was more entertaining than most gave it credit for.
February 10, 2014
This was really funny.
½ January 31, 2014
a two yuck X-mas pic
January 10, 2014
Makes me laugh everytime
January 1, 2014
A rich man hires a family to interpret his childhood memories of the festive season. A complete lack of likeable characters makes the film seem pretty obnoxious. Furthermore, the concept pretty soon falls flat in dullness.
December 31, 2013
It's a weird concept of a film,a man who lost touch with his folks & reality decides to rent the house he used to live in as a kid and engage the people living in now to be his Christmas family. It's weird but somehow it's entertaining, some jokes are good but Affleck is as wooden as ever...too bad it could have been a better film.
December 28, 2013
An interesting story makes this comedy enjoyable.
December 27, 2013
My Favorite Comedy Film Is 1933's Duck Soup.
December 24, 2013
This movie is only good if its Christmas time and your feeling festive. The only acting in the movie that is any good is from Gandolfini & O'Hara. Affleck being the star is laughable. At least its only 90 minutes. Check it on tv during the holidays or something but don't bother hunting this movie down or anything, because its just not worth it.
½ December 24, 2013
A pretty bad movie all in. The only thing that makes this at all watchable is the fact that its a Christmas movie. Ben Affleck is just terrible- painful at times to watch- the rest of the cast (Gandolfini, Applegate, O'Hara) kind of makes up for him but keep Affleck away from comedy. The story is also lame (A lonely successful man pays the sullen owners of his childhood home to let him spend Christmas with them). Despite all the mediocre this did give me a couple of big laughs, and I suppose the whole being with family and money can't buy happiness is in keeping with the season too.12.13
December 17, 2013
This movie was terrible! I give it one star just for the presence of the great James Gandolfini.
December 11, 2013
well, let me be clear, i don't really want to see, but because of the low rating i feel that i have to see it.