Surviving the Game - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Surviving the Game Reviews

March 25, 2017
Excellent job by Ice-T.
November 24, 2016
Predictable but interest enough to watch all the way through it.
½ August 17, 2016
Tour guide becomes hunted by strange cannibalistic hunters.
October 11, 2015
Some of the acting is questionable and I found the music score sometimes out of place but it was worth the watch. A lot of big stars are in this one so that helps.
½ April 21, 2015
As a mindless popcorn flick,there's merit here.
March 27, 2015
Started out good which is cool since Ice-T was still new to acting for the most part. This has decent action and violence, but kind of in a desperate way and the ending could have been a little more thought out.
½ February 27, 2015
its ok for a run of the mill action movie
August 8, 2013
Wednesday, August 7, 2013

(1994) Surviving The Game
ACTION

Started with the 1932 film "The Most Dangerous Game" starring Joel McCrea, and since then there have been more movies coming out using the exact same theme centering on hunters hunting people with the only difference in this case as well as several others is that they're always using different cast as well as new locales whether it's on the desert or the forest. Stars real life African American rap artist "Ice-T" as Jack Mason assuming he was going to be employed by working for Thomas Burns (Rutger Hauer) as a guide for him and his friends. Mason soon finds out that hunting hobos or people in general is how they get their kicks.

There are many far out scenarios as well as some questions that were not addressed upon watching this film such as how does a puny man such as Ice T take on a big guy like Gary Busey or how Ice T able to make it home if the last plane had already been taken away. Regardless of it's problems Ice-T's presence is still a fascinating character to watch.

2.5 out of 4 stars
½ June 27, 2013
How can you not revel in seeing smug plutocrats getting served on their own dinner table? This movie is a treasure trove of insults too foul to ever use, and characters as interesting as they are short lived. Rarely have I enjoyed seeing people being killed one by one due to their own incompetence as I have with this film. The premise, although cliche, is still provocative, and convincing enough to catch you up in the action. What else can I say; you won't find a better B-movie in all of Byzantium.
June 14, 2013
Don't Mess With the Homeless--An enjoyable slice of steaming 90's cheese!!
½ May 23, 2013
May 2, 2013
Great cast in yet another remake of 'The Most Dangerous Game'. Something tells me that I underestimated this. It could actually be a classic. Ernest Dickerson did make another classic - 'Juice' (1992)
½ April 9, 2013
This duffer was a VHS rental hit with a lot of the lads in my year at high school, possibly more due to Ice-T's "Badassss TV" show that was on around the time than anything else. So hackneyed of plot (yet another remake of "The Most Dangerous Game" released shortly after John Woo's similarly crass "Hard Target") it doesn't sees to be able to hold permantly-bored-looking co-star Rutger Hauer's attention. At least we have the ever wild-eyed Gary Busey and John C. McGinley (Dr. Cox from Scrubs) among the other baddies to keep us amused.
February 19, 2013
Good film, but still a poor man's Hard Target.
½ February 5, 2013
always check the barrel...before making a movie like this!
½ January 28, 2013
A bunch of Hollywood guys who could no longer get acting jobs finally got acting jobs again with this film. Problem is, I think they all played the role of unemployed actors better....DOH!
December 7, 2012
Could be worthwhile, will see.
October 31, 2012
While it's no cinematic masterpiece, this is an entertaining action film that did just that...entertain.
September 26, 2012
Rutger Hauer and Gary Busey hunt Ice-T
August 27, 2012
Good, not great. It had it's moments.