Suspect Zero - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Suspect Zero Reviews

October 16, 2013
A great idea is wasted on a terrible plot. Great actors are wasted in terrible roles. And much time is wasted watching a terrible movie.
September 3, 2013
I don't understand everyone's dislike of this movie. Ben Kingsley is brilliant. It is scary, tense, moving. In my top ten of suspense/thriller movies. Nothing like X-files.
½ July 14, 2013
A great performance from Ben Kingsley, but the story was slow moving and fairly predictable. It also had the feeling that it was filmed in the 80s for some reason.
July 13, 2013
this movie reminded me of one of my favorite shows, Dexter....a serial killer who only kills other serial killers....I liked it!
½ April 24, 2013
pretty interesting one! not a typical serial-killer movie! fbi, serial killer and somebody secret in between both of them who is on the good side and is helping the way he can with his curse!
January 26, 2013
not bad... ben kingsley was amazing
January 13, 2013
i was too bored to focus............
½ January 10, 2013
There was a good film here, somewhere. What made it to the screen, however, was not. Eckhart, whom I normally enjoy, was not good at all. Moss had very little to do except ride Eckhart hard and then console him when he suddenly tells her he loves her. Kingsley does a pretty decent job being the over-the-top villain (or one of them, anyway).

There isn't enough backstory, the jumps between scenes are jarring and seem to be missing transitional information, and the lead characters don't really have anything story-driven to explain why they are acting the way they are. The photography in places is quite nicely done, however.

The whole things winds up trying to be Se7en, but fails each step of the way. Knowing some of the work Zak Penn has done since, my guess is that the direction and/or the editing is what fails this movie.

(V)
½ January 5, 2013
Though this be madness, yet there is method. -- Polonius, Hamlet
December 19, 2012
I like this thriller and thought it rather good, even though critics didn't.
December 8, 2012
One star out of sympathy. I couldn't even finish it.
December 7, 2012
Another movie to see!
October 30, 2012
Reminiscent of the more famous Sci-Fi/thriller films but not as good.
October 20, 2012
Dispite the reviews, this is a great serial killer/thriller movie. one I would recommend.
September 27, 2012
It was just all over the place with no plot and if I wasn't watching it at work I definitely would have fallen asleep.
½ September 23, 2012
Good performances, and some interesting and tense scenes, but the film was dull at most.
September 10, 2012
A very interesting thriller about an FBI/serial killer who hunts down and kills serial killers while hunting down a killer who has killed hundreds of people he dubs suspect zero.
Aaron Eckhart plays the FBI agent who is trying to track down Ben Kingsley's killer/agent.
Carrie-Anne Moss plays another helping in the case.
The idea was very interesting with Ben Kingsley drawing things related to the people he hunts while listening to a tape recording of noise.
½ September 3, 2012
A very fast-paced mystery, thriller; that will kept you on the edge of your seat till the middle of the film. The middle is where the film reveals its big surprise, which really was just stupid. After that the story never gets back on track, which is sad because this could have been up there with movies like Se7en and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. But ultimately the movie just dead after that big reveal.
September 2, 2012
intense film Kingsley is mad...FBI couple scenario too remenicent of Xfiles Mulder and Scully. heavy film.
½ June 16, 2012
Despite an interesting (and tragic) film development story, Suspect Zero manages to be a decent serial killer film with rather enticing visual imagery and fantastic performances. It's not anything spectacular, a large chunk of potential is lost quickly, and the script certainly could have been written better. But then again, it's a watchable adequate thriller that's very engaging and easy to enjoy.