Swan Lake (Sekai meisaku dwa: Hakuch no mizmi) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Swan Lake (Sekai meisaku dwa: Hakuch no mizmi) Reviews

½ October 1, 2013
If you thought Swan Princess was bad....get ready for a real cheap animation with shoddy voice acting.
July 10, 2012
wow i really wanna see this version
½ January 12, 2012
El uso adecuado de la msica de Tchaikovsky en las escenas correctas hacen de la trama ms interesante, sin embargo sus flojos protagonistas, sus nmaduros villanos e irritantes mascotas de reparto (tpicas del Anime de los aos 80's) rebajan la calidad y dignidad de lo que pudo haber sido una linda version animada de este ballet.
½ January 22, 2011
Better than Swan Princess. But still not my idea of a Swan Lake animation mainly because of the squirrels and because they took all the menace out of Rothbart (which means "Redbeard" not "Bluebeard".)
August 2, 2010
I Can help you on this movie...Log on to Ebay mate...You will fine this film in Ebay...The movie is so wounderful...
June 25, 2010
One Of My Favorite (f)
January 30, 2010
I really wanted to see this movie when I was a kid, but I'm not sure I would like it now though.
½ November 7, 2009
unlike "The Swan Princess" and its annoying sequels, this film is actually more faithful and accurate by using Tchaikovsly's musical score. A beautiful and tragic anime with great animation and nice visuals for its time.
August 22, 2009
Jag ?LSKAR den här filmen! Varje gång vi besökte min faster såg jag och min syster den här medan de vuxna fikade och pratade i köket. (: Inte konstigt att Tjajkovskij, och då framförallt Svansjön, blev min favorit. När jag hittade den på DVD för några månader sedan var lyckan total! Nu kan jag äntligen se den när jag vill. Och om jag någonsin ska se balett, får det mycket gärna bli Svansjön!
½ June 17, 2009
gosh i really should watch this again
January 28, 2009
un clsico ahora animado
December 12, 2008
my favorite tape from when i was a little girl...
½ November 15, 2008
This is a great Anime movie, although it would have been just as good without the dancing animals and the ducks. I loved the artwork, Odelle's character design reminded me of the art from the old Final Fantasy games and Vampire Hunter D. The original Swan Lake music is used for background music, showing they tried to remain faithful to the original.

I first saw it on the Disney Channel, and it's not easy to get ahold of, but you can find it on YouTube listed as "Swan Lake (1981)". The Anime Title is "Hakucho no Mizumi".
November 4, 2008
Simply Amazing, Must See for Anyone
October 14, 2008
Un classique du temps des ftes sur cin cadeaux !
August 27, 2008
I heard it aint good!
½ August 20, 2008
I can never seem to find a copy of this anywhere and I desperately want to add it to my collection!
August 8, 2008
The most magical, the most pure, the most wonderful fairytale of all times. A lot more than just a desperate love story of two people of different worlds. Beneath its versi-colored surface lie thoughts and words that extend beyond the movie. This faitytale has stolen my heart and will always have it.
April 21, 2008
i have this on vhs...my absolute fave as a child!!
March 26, 2008
saw it back when i was in school and i really want to see it again