Sweet Dreams - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sweet Dreams Reviews

½ December 11, 2015
A great biopic on Patsy Cline with a remarkable performance from Jessica Lange and Ed Harris. Great musical numbers, writing, costumes, and art direction
June 28, 2014
Such a fantastic movie ;) Ty Amazon :)
April 24, 2014
Someone recently told me that Jessica Lange has trouble acting. This and Frances prove the opposite. Lange is tremendous as Patsy Cline.
½ November 15, 2013
I reluctantly watched this Patsy Cline biopic years ago as a girlfriend wanted to watch it. It is decent enough.
½ June 16, 2013
I am no Patsy Cline fan, so I have no idea how accurate this thing was. But I really have no liking for her music and while I was interested in how she came to be, the movie made that aspect either seem to easy or to boring. If she basically got a record contract for being on TV, then so be it, maybe that's all it took back then.

But the movie mostly focuses on her and her second marriage to Ed Harris, whose last name is Dick...and boy is he ever. In fact, Cline comes off as an awful person too, so it was really hard to feel sorry for either of them when they'd hurt each other.

Lange also puts no effort into the singing portions of the film, as she's just miming the real songs. That bugged me a lot. Hate when actors don't even try.

Sadly, the music scenes turn out really boring and the only times the film does move is when Harris is beating the hell out of her when they continue to fight...which is awful to say, but the truth.

Goodman breathes life into the film for his few moments he's in it.
March 4, 2013
Excellent film on the life of Patsy Cline. Jessica Lange embodies the late singer effortlessly.
January 25, 2013
#1 in my book! the movie and patsy cline
December 7, 2012
Want to see it! Will have to take into account!
December 2, 2012
Jessica Lange plays Patsy Cline with a terrific soundtrack of Patsy singing her hits. Love the movie, even though it's a tearjerker.
December 2, 2012
May 5, 2012
Love my Jessica and Patsy.......
May 4, 2012
the story of Patsy Cline
½ January 29, 2012
i never knew the story of patsy cline, this was really good, and when he wasn't an ass he was really cute to her, i had no idea the ending was going to happen like that
January 13, 2012
I love watching the scenes filmed in Martinsburg, WV.
January 3, 2012
I can't turn the channel when this movie is playing.
November 24, 2011
since this true movie made it's debut, I rented and loved it, purchased the v.h.s. and now own d.v.d. Love Jessica Lang's performance!
August 27, 2011
"Honey," Jessica Lange says. "We're going to crash."

and they crash against the side of a mountain.

BIG DEAL.
August 9, 2011
half-way decent bio pic of the late patsy cline. focuses equally on the relationship between she and her husband charlie as it does her career, perhaps more. if you really want an in depth story of how she made it you aren't going to get it. another curious point-it didn't have a single scene with loretta lynn. patsy was shown in coal miner's daughter, but loretta was nowhere in this one. wondered why-they were supposedly very good friends. jessica lange does a good job though, even if it is painfully obvious she is lip synching. interesting enough that i watched to the end...and I love patsy's music, so....
½ August 8, 2011
Jessica Lange gives one of her best performances ever in this biopic. She is second only to Beverly D'Angelo as Patsy Cline (D'Angelo gets the edge for doing her own singing). Also loved Ed Harris as that rascally Charlie Dick. We all know how Patsy's story ends but having her shout out "Charlie" as the plane is about to hit was a heartbreaker, for sure!
½ July 2, 2011
I'm not a country fan, and I even liked the music. Well done.