Swing Parade of 1946 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Swing Parade of 1946 Reviews

November 23, 2013
It doesn't really make a lot of sense nor does it really have a plot. The addition of the Three Stooges doesn't make much sense either, but it does add some fun to the film.
½ January 22, 2013
I'm not exactly sure what the point of this film was to be honest. I think it was to create a big extravaganza, using a lot of what was popular at the time. Swing Parade of 1946 features mostly lots of songs and, well, that's about it. It has a small plot about a girl getting a job as a singer at a nightclub, but it's mostly just the songs. Even the presence of The Three Stooges can't really help this film. It lacks any sort of entertainment value, outside of people singing. I've got to be honest though and admit that I fell asleep on it, which is unsurprising if you've ever seen it. It's a big snoozefest. Even the fine folks over at Rifftrax couldn't interject some entertainment value into it. Even if you're a Three Stooges fan I think you'll find it pretty boring.
September 18, 2010
Three Stooges and a Storm. . .just about as silly as it sounds.
November 27, 2009
Louis Jordan is amazing for those Jazz fans out there.
June 17, 2009
Not knowing really what a swing parade is, this movie could have had a ton of them in it but I don't know. This is another one of those 1940s movies where the girl falls in love with the guy after the girl realizes that she is a girl and should stop thinking for herself and raise the guy's family. The three stooges are also in this but not as much as the cover would have you think. The do their typical stooge like antics and then it cuts back to the plot.
March 20, 2009
That's it...No more Stooges for me...ever again.
½ February 12, 2009
Only die-hard Stooge fans need sit through this one. The plot is a tired rehash of every backstage Broadway story ever told, with the usual rags to riches starlot ending the show with a huge musical number. Fast forward to the scenes with Larry, Moe, and Curly and you'll do alright, although some of even their gags are lifted from their short films.
December 15, 2008
no thanks not my thing
December 3, 2004
LOW BUDGET MUSICAL COMEDY GREATLY UPLIFTED BY THE THREE STOOGES IN SUPPORTING ROLES. SOME VERY FINE MUSICAL NUMBERS AS WELL, WITH A VERY PLEASING VERSION OF "STORMY WEATHER"