Swing Vote - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Swing Vote Reviews

February 21, 2016
Muddled and a bit confusing but that Kevin Costner sure knows how to keep your interest.
December 22, 2015
The original idea was good, but they could have obtained something deeper. Anyway, interesting story, almost realistic, you can watch the film to have a good time.
½ December 13, 2015
Guilty Pleasure Movie
½ December 13, 2015
Swing Vote is similar to its main character. It's starts off cheeky and clueless and slowly builds to a smart and sweet ending. The political insights are entertaining as well, but this movie ultimately has a lot of flaws.
October 19, 2015
An interesting concept but just not executed well.
October 4, 2015
In school, my history teacher showed the class a movie about conquering apathy called Swing Vote. Swing Vote is an all right film that doesn't live up to its full potential. The plot is very ridiculous and will never happened, but they tried their best to make it work, although it didn't convince me fully. Kevin Costner is very good in this, and so is newcomer Madeline Carroll which I do believe them as a father/daughter relationship, even though I've seen this type before. The beginning was a bit hard to sit through knowing what the father is like, as its jokes are clumsily done, and a bit mean-spirited at times. When it gets to the swing vote part, that's when the film gets better. It's got better jokes, better writing, and I was very interested to see where this is going. It could've been smarter, and the problems that both the father and daughter are going through that's not related to politics didn't seem developed that much and is more of an afterthought or just played for laughs. The political satire is not fully well done, but I give them credit for trying at least. Swing Vote could've been better, but just come off as mediocre and kind of forgettable.
½ June 13, 2015
Occasionally offensive and emotionally deadbeat, Swing Vote is an almost toothless satire and bad drama.
½ February 23, 2015
A drunken father becomes the deciding factor in a presidential election in this amusing comedy that doesn't take itself too seriously.
January 1, 2015
Kevin Costner in a comedy drama or as i usually says instead ,, lighthearted drama. There are few scenes that made me smile so thats a good thing atleast. The story was rather decent i thought and it follows a slacker / lazy man Bud Johnson played by Kevin ending up to be the one with the last important vote in a tied election, a vote that will select the next president. We have a few more famous actors like Dennis Hopper as one of the elected and Kelsey Grammer (Frasier) aswell. The biggest performance tho came from the young girl playing Bud's daughter. Anyway a pretty solid flick altho Costner have made a bunch better flicks over this one but i found some good value in this flick in the end.
August 16, 2014
(First viewing - August 2008 in theaters)
June 15, 2014
Even if you were to swallow its unbelievable premise, Swing Vote lacks any real wit or warmth.
April 20, 2014
beetje langdradig begin, maar daarna toch een erge sterke film!
½ November 29, 2013
Very good movie! Kevin Costner is very comical to and can play the "dumb role" very well. Absolutely loved it and will watch again!
½ November 19, 2013
Don't take it too seriously and you'll like it.
October 29, 2013
Swing vote is a good movie.
½ October 17, 2013
The epitome of a forgettable film. It has an interesting premise, but I thought it was underwhelmingly predictable. I always like Nathan Lane, and it's good to see Kelsey Grammer getting some film work, but I don't really think of Kevin Costner in this role. I'm not quite sure why I went to see in the cinema, but I won't be seeing it again.
August 27, 2013
Enfin un bon film avec Kevin Costner!
August 13, 2013
Sometimes effective, but ultimately Swing Vote is a boring, not enough funny ride, with the worst plot you can put on a film: Political issues. Who cares about politics in a movie? Madeline Carroll gives a good performance along with Kevin to offer a bit or relief.
August 11, 2013
Horrible start; bad (potential to be good) middle; then even more terrible ending. The movie had potential to be good, it was a long shot, but it still had it, the writers clearly didn't see it. I wish I could get back the 2 hours of my life that wasted.........
July 23, 2013
It is a stupid idea, but fun. I guess someone had to make a movie about this stupid idea, and I guess the movie would have to be stupid. It is fun enough to be interesting, but dumb enough to make it an average at best film.