The Sword and the Rose (When Knighthood Was in Flower) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Sword and the Rose (When Knighthood Was in Flower) Reviews

½ December 28, 2013
I'm not sure if I can think of a more unknown Disney feature than The Sword and the Rose and to be honest I can understand its obscurity. That is not to say that it isn't enjoyable as it is in fact a high quality film worth your time even with it being one of the weaker live action Disney classics. In these old days of Disney even their worst was some kind of wonderful. (First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
½ December 27, 2012
This is sort of along the same veins as "Great Expectations", where I didn't much understand it the first time around, but after a second time watching, I really enjoyed it that time. I, at first, found this film very confusing, but after the second time I saw it, I got to know it better and understand it better. However, the ending to the film still confuses me to this date. Overall, I think this is a fun film, but there's some explaining to do in the ending here, so that's why I can't really call this film great right now.
December 20, 2012
I saw this film when I was a kid on The Wonderful World of Disney on TV, and just loved it. I couldn't wait to read the book, and it started my love of historical novels and English history. It is a film that is very much a product of it's time and not very historically accurate, but is is a film that was perfect for the World of Disney format--lots of fun, romantic and something the whole family could watch together, like the Guy Williams Zoro, Davy Crockett, and The Swamp Fox with Leslie Nielson.
July 28, 2012
I feel like I just watched a terrible version of Aladdin in Olde English with no singing
March 19, 2011
Gorgeously photographed & a lot of fun.
½ September 2, 2010
Harmless romantic Tudor romp with scant regard for historical accuracy.
August 28, 2010
well umn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch...............its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie.................i think that richard todd, glynis john, michael gough, rosalie crutchley, peter copley, jane barrett, d.a clarke smith, ernest jay, john vere played good roles/parts throughout this movie................i think that richard todd, glynis johns, michael gough, jane barrett were great throughout this movie.....................i think that the director of this classics/drama/historical movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throguhout this movie...............i think that this is a good drama movie 2 watch............its got a good cast n its really enjoyable 2 watch
June 17, 2010
great disney live action from the classic period of walt's british made romps.