Sword of the Valiant - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sword of the Valiant Reviews

½ December 12, 2008
so terrible i couldn't hardly watch it. how much keefe is in this movie? miles o'keefe
½ November 10, 2008
One of the best fantasty middle-ages pictures ever made with lavish sets, epic score and wonderful action. Sir Sean Connery is the evil Green Knight who haunts with his magic and spells. He loves toying with his riddles. Gawain played by Miles O'Keefe (of 'Tarzan the Ape Man' in the 1980s) is the hero, he has great action scenes and really plays it up. We also get a great collection of side villains along the way, such as, a young over-the-top Shakespearean John Rhys-Davies and an evil Peter Cushing. We also get to see that evil Nazi guy from the first Indiana Jones movie. The fantasy and magic abounds everywhere in this film. A much superior effort than any of Schwarznegger's Conan movies. Not serious stuff, but highly entertaining!
June 12, 2008
so bad it's good, very funny. all the budget must have gone on Sean connery's wages, hilarious.
½ June 8, 2008
Worthless movie. I honestly got bored of it in the first 20 minutes, but I still wtached it. So boring, Sean Connery has been in weird movies.
May 3, 2008
HILARIOUS!!
It's so bad. So so bad.
½ April 3, 2008
It's really hard to believe they're serious about this one.
March 21, 2008
I was on the floor rolling with laughter within twenty seconds.
March 3, 2008
this movie was ex!! i loved it i want to buy it but can't find it anywhere on DVD :(
½ February 25, 2008
I caught this one late at night and thought it was great. Later, I watched it again and thought it wasn't very good.
February 5, 2008
Does it get any worse or better than this?
½ February 1, 2008
There is something about Linnet that I will always love. Indeed, there are some very haunting ideas in this movie, and a few gems in the dialogue. Even so, it is impossible to get past the obvious shortcomings and wooden lead. O'Keefe's performance makes me think of the kind of acting usually only seen in adult rated media, but I like this movie nonetheless. You cannot deny the memories.
January 9, 2008
Abysmal screen adaptation of "Sir Gawain and the Green Knight" which not only frequently abandons the source material but is devoid of any of its themes or meanings. The result is a strictly one-dimensional swords and sandal shambles which fatally chooses to take itself seriously. Miles O'Keefe is as bland as one can be in the role of Gawain whilst the action sequences are staged totally without panache or energy. The sole highlight (for me, anyway) among the mess was Sean Connery's lively portrayal of the Green Knight yet its not enough to rescue the movie. Overall, the whole thing is a sorry excuse for a film production and (considering its release in an era where action-adventure was being taken to new heights through "Star Wars" and "Indiana Jones") one has to wonder what the filmmakers ever saw in it.
January 3, 2008
J.R.R. Tolkien's Sir Gawain and the Green Knight?! omfg.... that's amazing... OH HELL?! SEAN CONNERY IS IN IT?!!!!
½ November 24, 2007
That bit with the axe, man Sean Connery...
I dont care if it is a lil cheesy, It shows the one aspect of knighthood that is often overlooked and that is the Knightly Virtues. I can watch this movie once a month.
October 27, 2007
it gets two becuase its absolutely hystericall. Add in stratos, skeletor, and man at arms, and you got yourself another HE MAN flick. god damn was this funny.
½ September 9, 2007
Contains a few of the funniest lines ever said. A parody that parodies itself.
September 3, 2007
Sir Gawain är hetast någonsin! :-D
August 30, 2007
ah the only reason to allow this movie to take up any of your time is to see Sean Connery in green body paint and manberry pouch
½ August 30, 2007
Absolutely horrible. Laughed my ass off at the part with Sean Connery though.
August 21, 2007
Sir Gawain: I forgot to ask one question during my quick initiation into knighthood.
Humphrey: Oh? What's that?
Sir Gawain: How to relieve myself in this tin suit.