Sympathy for Lady Vengeance Reviews

• Apr 11, 2020

Il particolare stile registico che traspare dal film non è la sua unica innovazione, vista la numerosa quantità di flashback che capovolge la classica linea narrativa per film di questo genere. La presenza di alcune scene oniriche, simboliche e pressoché inspiegabili rovina in parte il coinvolgimento emotivo provato dallo spettatore, che si ritrova confuso in più punti della narrazione. La storia in generale ed il suo originale finale garantiscono comunque un'esperienza che va ben oltre le immagini presentate sul grande schermo, stimolando riflessioni anche al pubblico più distratto.

• Mar 29, 2020

Oh good, it's another one of these overrated-to-the-nth-degree movies. Thankfully, I didn't pay to watch this. Just overrated trash.

• Mar 07, 2020

I didn't understand every detail and every deep theme of this movie but I think it is okay. Some scenes are very realistic, others are exactly opposite, a bit similar to Tarantino movies. Overall theme is motherhood of a killer, which is very complex and delicate. With all that in mind, Park Chan-wook's films are highly artistic, sophisticated, and very deep. My personal dislike about this films including this overall is that it feels as if he wants the audience to watch his work again-which, I now remember at this moment, is what he exactly said he wanted. Just like a difficult poem. When you read it, you know what the poet is trying to deliver, but you also know that the only reason why it reads so difficult is that the poet just wants that way, which is not a great way of enjoying literature for readers. That boundary is very hard to be successful for directors to achieve and this work didn't achieve it perfectly, in my opinion, but it was very enjoyable, still, to watch, and I highly recommend it to those who like care artistic values of a film.

• Feb 02, 2020

very good. i think this trilogy got better with each film.

very good. i think this trilogy got better with each film.

• Dec 16, 2019

Teamwork makes the dream work lol Some weird stuff and not for the faint of heart. Gruesomely awesome.

• Mar 12, 2019

one of my favorite movies

one of my favorite movies

• Dec 01, 2018

The 3rd movie in The Vengeance Trilogy. Not as good as the others, but still a very nice movie. This movie couldn't get me as emotionally invested as the other two, hence the lower score. You really had to pay attention in this one, as pieces were slowly revealed, which made little sense at the time, and only came together when Act 3 began. Its a cool story about revenge.

• Mar 27, 2018

Lady Vengeance completes the Vengeance trilogy from Park Chan-Wook. It amounts to a simple, dark story about a young girl who is sentenced to serve years in prison for something she did not do, and who spends her incarceration planning the revenge she will reap when she is released. I wish it was presented in this straightforward manner, but that’s not the style that Park likes. Instead it is overly-edited to bounce from present to past to future, and everywhere in between. Trying to keep track of the storyline is challenging, not because it is complex, but just because of the structure of the film. When all the timelines finally converge and it holds on the present, it is for a long drawn out sequence of torture, that I could live without. That’s the other thing that bothered me about Lady Vengeance (and basically the entire Vengeance trilogy,) things get overly graphic and disturbing. I simply don’t enjoy that kind of gratuitous gore or sex. I’ll admit that these films often weave that stuff into the fabric of the story, so they are important moments for the plot, but that doesn’t make them easier to watch. My other problem with this film, and the others I’ve seen from Park Chan-Wook, is that I don’t connect with or sympathize with any of the characters. While there are times when I understand the grounds for anger and revenge that drive people, they always take it to extremes that make them no longer sympathetic. Clearly, these films are not for me. Others will probably love Lady Vengeance a lot, but I feel that in its best moments it is boring and in its worst moments it is off-putting.

• Mar 17, 2018

This is the greatest movie that has ever been forged!!! I should've killed myself after I watched it because no better movie could possibly be made.

• Mar 08, 2018

It strikes me as a bad rip off of Murder on the Orient Express.

It strikes me as a bad rip off of Murder on the Orient Express.