Tad the Lost Explorer and the Secret of King Midas (Tadeo Jones 2: El secreto del Rey Midas) Reviews

• Jun 25, 2020

Decent enough watch, can't say I'd ever watch it again, and can only recommend to a younger audience. This is half "ugh, a kids movie", and half "man, this is dark for a kids movie". The opening scene is a murder, there is a undead mummy character, and (for what looks like a Nickelodeon animation) the bad guys are firing guns, and kidnapping characters at threat of life. That said the animation and writing isn't so bad, and the characters are interesting, if annoying. The whole thing also feels like a Happy Madison plot where "schlubby guy" wins over a successful, beautiful woman. There just isn't a lot here to get behind, but its got just enough to be entertaining. Maybe it just wasn't for me.

• Jul 16, 2019

Excellent animated adventure story and follow-up to the original.

Excellent animated adventure story and follow-up to the original.

• Jan 07, 2019

Between 2.5 and 3. Although action is quite brainless, the opportunity to see some of the nicest places in the world with a good image and nice characters is enough.

• Dec 03, 2018

I watched this with my 10 year old and he awarded the stars. It's ok. Some decent gags in an otherwise fairly mundane script. Uneven in tone too. Some iiffy judgment calls in relation to race, women and death, particularly for little kids. The music is terrible. I can see why it didn't appear in my local cinema. Oddly, it did run trailers with scenes that didn't appear in the actual movie. I actually preferred the animation in the credits to the actual film. It's OK for a TV watch. But if I'd paid twenty quid to go the cinema, I'd be very disappointed.

• Oct 24, 2018

Loved it. The quips to indiana jones were very pleasing for adult viewers too

Loved it. The quips to indiana jones were very pleasing for adult viewers too

• Apr 29, 2018

This is a perfect little kids movie. My faughter loves it which is weird cause she doesnt like the first one.

• Apr 13, 2018

ce deuxième volet des aventures de tad l'explorateur ne réinvente pas grand chose dans le genre, mais demeure dans l'ensemble assez rigolo et agréable. un bon petit film familial sans prise de tête.

• Mar 19, 2018

An Imaginative and Heartfelt Masterpiece

An Imaginative and Heartfelt Masterpiece

• Mar 04, 2018

Everything bad was in this movie. Everything.

Everything bad was in this movie. Everything.

• Feb 10, 2018

Don't go with high animation expectations, this is not going to compare to Disney/Pixar at all, but in terms on independent francises it is pretty good. It's a kids movie, the gags are funny and witty even if the tropes used are old and tired. Its a perfect gateway drug for getting younger kids to watch the Indianan Jones movies.