Tadpole - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tadpole Reviews

January 30, 2016
A tadpole of a film and I get the allusion to frogs. Seems a bit racist but usual from the englishes. Well, I am shocked that the englishes allowed this film to be made. The boy's age is not even legal in Canada anymore, imagine in the USA! OMG, pedophiles! Also such a fantasy to kiss Sigourney.... mmmmmhhh. Oh pardon, I was daydreaming for a minute. The film production is quite low to the point of thinking it was a student project. Mmmmh, maybe the student project of our main actor to get some kissing with Sigourney fantasy job... Well in that case it is perfectly understandable and I would totally lend my hand to such venture and please make it a film I can see so that I get some fantasy time with SW. Mmmmmh...
September 21, 2015
Enjoyable little indie comedy with some okay performances but not a whole lot of substance. My main gripe is that it looked as if they used an old VHS home video camcorder from the '80s to make this film...though it could have been that they just digitalized a VHS copy of the film to Crackle (where I watched it).
March 22, 2014
I went into this expecting it to be nothing more than background noise while I did other things, but it wasn't even interesting enough for that. The production quality isn't even as good as some made-for-TV movies I've seen, and every character is stuck up and pretentious. Don't waste your time.
February 24, 2014
the synopsis provides the possibility of tackiness and slease. Be prepared to be pleasantly surprised, not a trace of it to be found. Light, charming, adult and witty the ensamble presents a story in surprisingly believable fashion, All the casting is letter perfect, even to the 15 year old best bud...read moredy and the coven of girl friends of the best girlfriend. Well paced, quiet yet produced a few outright belly laughs. John Ritter really hits the notes of his character with a nuance I dont normally associate with his work. All in all a joy, going to look for more work of Gary Winick with the guess that he maybe the reason for the sucess of this little jewel.
August 9, 2013
This movie is routinely described as "charming;" yet the plot revolves around a woman (Bebe Neuwirth) who seduces a minor (Aaron Stanford) into genital-genital intercourse. How is this "charming? I think it is illegal.
½ May 13, 2013
A movie where the plot has a drunken boy who is 15 seduced by a 40 something year old woman is child molestation, not a comedy. The film also did not seem particularly witty or funny, and both Aaron Stanford and Sigourney Weaver were at least a decade and a half too old for their roles. Why this movie was so highly rated I'll never know.
April 14, 2013
One of the best independent short movies I've EVER seen!! A very touching and human story about a 15 year old boy, who falls in love with a 40 year old woman.. amazing soundtrack, full of major stars... extremely real and a movie anyone who remembers being 15, or who is 40, can empathize with! I highly recommend it.
½ March 9, 2013
I would have liked this a lot more if the lead character wasn't so damn pretentious.
July 29, 2012
"Das Verfassen einer Tragödie erfordert Hoden." - mehr muss eigentlich nicht gesagt werden... :-D
July 11, 2012
The reviewers didn't like it, as it's so similar to 'The Graduate' in plot. The fact that this wouldn't have been made if the central character were a 15 year old girl instead of a boy is fair comment. However I enjoyed it - it's contrived, and it's knowingly a comedy, and it made me laugh. New York is a character in the movie, which adds to the enjoyment, and the acting was fine. Didn't notice the low budget at all.
June 21, 2012
Aaron Stanford's performance is as "breakout" as its gonna get. True talent.
½ May 28, 2012
This had some bad reviews but I really loved it. Witty and charming and packed with quotes from Voltaire. Well worth watching
May 28, 2012
A mild and inoffensive rerendering of Catcher in the Rye. This is what teenage angst, sexual frustration and disconnection would feel like if none of things mattered. Unfortunately, they do.
May 23, 2012
Tadpole it's a witty indie comedy. The actions the characters make are hilarious but the consequences are not big enough to make the movie completely satisfying.
February 23, 2012
Not for everybody, but it's an indie triumph in ways that were never before though of.
½ October 11, 2011
One of the dullest films I have ever seen. Problems are too easily solved and the concept get's lost somewhere between the sheets.
October 11, 2011
Funny for all the wrong reasons, rubbish acting, dialogue and plot, yet strangely endearing!
July 19, 2011
This was pretty good, also funny.
½ July 15, 2011
A decent film, despite its low budget. Aaron Stanford's first major acting role and he delivers a solid performance.
½ July 3, 2011
Fav part of the movie are Voltaire's quotes.