Taffin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Taffin Reviews

½ April 26, 2016
Not a great storyline and hard to believe in places. Pierce Brosnan plays his usual self. Taffin seems pretty hard for someone who does business in office with no doors or windows, drives an open top American car in rainy Ireland (that magically fixes itself by the next scene) and yeah, he's pretty slim for a guy that drinks so much stout and drives home afterwards.
June 7, 2015
WELL MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T BE LIVING HEEEERE!
June 15, 2013
Taffin may be one of the greatest Irish films ever made. DON'T fuck with Taffin!
April 30, 2013
This film is easily one of the best I've ever seen.
November 9, 2012
"THEN MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T BE LIVING HERE!!!"
½ November 2, 2012
He's my idol! best James Bond yet!
½ August 15, 2012
I saw it in TV and enjoyed it. The fight scenes arent top tier but they arent bad. There's some tension that gets built and it takes a plot straight out of the Steven Segal movie Fire Down Below but isnt as stupid (although the whole subplot about the soccer field is pretty lame. Man them Irish love their little recreational soccer field huh?) Alison Doody, who is more famous for her sophmoric last name than her acting talent is pretty cute too, and Brosnan is GOURGEOUS according to my mom and sister so apparently the girls will like this movie too.

The ending is fantastic though, with you wondering about Brosnans fate, and the shoot out in the middle of nowwhere and finally that famous and great last line:

"Be cool Charlotte, Be Cool"
½ June 11, 2012
I was made aware of this by Adam and Joe's podcast's merciless lampooning of the infamous line in the film "Then maybe you shouldn't be living heeeeerrrrre!!!" it's actually not all that bad, massively cheesy of course but more watchable than I was expecting.
May 26, 2012
Wtf. No picture? This was a pure classic. It got like 356 Academy Awards..
February 16, 2012
Possibly the best film I have ever seen...starring Pierce Brosnon...made in 1988.
September 29, 2011
"Then maybe you shouldn't be living here!!!!" In all honesty I only watched this after Adam and Joe had turned it into such a cult film. It's interesting because as well as featuring Pierce Brosnan in one of his first starring roles, it also showcases the likes of Alison Doody and Patrick Bergin before they went on to bigger and better things. Even more interesting is the fact that numerous actors from Father Ted crop up amongst the Irish cast members, including Ted and Jack!! The film itself is admittedly dreadful, one of those that is so bad it almost becomes good. Almost. There are a few unintentionally funny bits and all credit should go to Brosnan for somehow keeping a straight face, but overall the film is quite dull and very cheesy and cliched.
June 13, 2011
MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T BE LIVING HERE!!!!
May 11, 2011
"Then maybe you shouldn't be LIVING HEEEEERRRRREE!!!!!"
½ November 30, 2010
Not much special here.
½ November 19, 2010
As the movie about a bad guy fighting for a right cause it's not good. But somehow it has its own charm. Especially seeing young Pearce. Plot is not bad as well but I was disappointed with acting.
½ October 31, 2010
A little known secret of a movie...Good plot and a already been done to death concept, but interesting piece none the least. The French subtitles got me at first, but if you ignore those and feed into the story...It is worth the watch. A conflicted ex seminary slash priest drop out turned local boy gone bad debt collector...His love interest was kinda' dreamy and the thugs he went up against were over the top psycopaths, but don't take my word for it. Just watch and decide for yourself...
½ April 6, 2010
Even as an outsider in his own hometown as its hired enforcer bill collector hard ass tough guy, Mark Taffin ( Pierce Brosnan ) remains at heart homegrown community based (if not necessarily grassroots) everyman hero living modestly in mums rafters always ready to give the little guy a break and help out with a little straightening out in the little unjust crooks in the flow of local human commerce. Warning; don't live at home if you want to avoid mother always trying to improve you way pass the age where it just does no good any more. He was such a good seminarian. Could of been a greatly respected theologian by now. Theologically philosophically brilliant contributor to many a long evening's enlightenments of discussion with his good friend and decent rousing citizen mentor who comes to seek his fine mercenary services to fend off the big Dublin based predatory developer of toxic underregulated chemical plants who never met a smalltown commissioner he couldn't bribe or arroused citizen he couldn't chase off with plenty of his own mercenaries. With only his sharp wit against the too-big-to-fail he takes them and all their bought officials on and thereby hopefully off the pristine parcel of cow meadow next to the town's only football field they're about to industrially defile. Let the games begin! Well; he ends up winning by losing which ends up losing by winning. And life's just unfair, ain't it?
March 23, 2010
Pierce Brosnan is Mark Taffin, a nice guy who hates to beat and blow people up, but does it all the same when push comes to shove. Judging from the situation (evildoers are going to wreck the environment in a small Irish town), it's hard to say how 007 would've dealt with this...