Take - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Take Reviews

½ May 24, 2015
Well crafted British TV mini-series that is a must-see. While there is not really anything new here --- it is all done so well and with a great deal of intensity.
May 20, 2015
This was the second thing I had seen Tom Hardy in and made me an instant fan. His character is despicable and unlikeable, yet still somehow sympathetic. If you're a fan of Tom Hardy or Charlotte Riley, watch this series.
June 7, 2014
Actually called "The Take", this is a great film, sort of like a London Sopranos. Tom Hardy proves that he is the cream of English talent once again. It's a long film, probably made for TV, but the story is compelling and, if you can stomach the ridiculous cockney accents then it's a good watch.
May 12, 2013
The kind sort of drama.. fighting, yelling, stabbing, f*cking, smoking, drinking.. more smoking.. again, f*cking and again fighting, killing, yelling.. and a large portion of drama, especially close to the end. And at the height of that all is mesmerizing Tom Hardy. I liked the image of this picture, also liked the rhythm.
March 8, 2013
A gritty, stylish, take-no-prisoners gangster saga. It's compelling, groundbreaking and utterly powerful. A sharp and intense series. It hits all the right notes and then some, it goes places most television shows wouldn't go. Tom Hardy gives a ferocious, storming and electrifying performance. Hardy is a tour de force, he shows he is just a powerhouse of an actor and shows to be more promising as he gets older. An edgy, exciting and totally uncompromising adaptation of the powerful crime novel.
February 26, 2013
Tom Hardy becomes this character in every way possible. He delivers every line with a sinister sense of humour and charming intensity. This, combined with the talent of the supporting cast and the strength of the script works to ensure that this doesn't become a Danny Dyer crime drama that takes itself too seriously.
January 19, 2013
really want to see it :/
½ December 13, 2012
acting+directing a bit overly dramatic at times
September 11, 2012
First thing I saw Tom Hardy in and I k we this guy would become a star straight away. Well worth watching if you can get your hands on the DVD. Amazing series
½ August 25, 2012
the take + tom hardy = gold!!!
August 13, 2012
best mini series I've seen
August 2, 2012
Even if you're not a fan of dark, violent dramas like me this movie will make you want to keep on watching. The very deep and intense acting of Tom Hardy, whose character is nothing but repellent, makes you wonder whether you're scared or intrigued by Freddie Jackson. Furthermore the interplay of the music and camera work greatly underlines the key moments of the story.
½ July 10, 2012
Tom Hardy is outstanding in this and worth watching on his performance alone.
June 25, 2012
This depressing, violent, and often tale is overshadowed by Hardy, who packs quite a punch
½ February 21, 2012