Take This Job and Shove It - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Take This Job and Shove It Reviews

October 27, 2012
Watchable film based on the country music hit where an up and coming executive is sent to his small hometown to be the hatchet man for the restructuring at the local brewery. The barroom football game was a bit ridiculous.
½ January 2, 2012
If I hadn't drank all the beer in the house on New Years Eve I should have been tossing a few back watching this while recuperating on the couch the next day. About a beer brewery Take This Job & Shove It w/ a red neck touch richly deserves it. In fact the songs 15 Beers & Beer Drinking Christians might just me a couple of drinking anthems for me. Would have been a bit better if it had stuck to being more comedy then drama because it loses its footing here & there but I had a lot of fun w/ it. It has a good cast especially David Keith & Tim Thomerson who I wish were a couple of guys that I worked w/ & could go & get pisses w/ after the work day was done. Oh how I would like to tell my boss to take this job & shove it drive off in my monster truck & drink some beer
½ January 10, 2011
A fun and very funny movie, which at the same time deals with real life social issues at the time too. It's an interesting movie, and I enjoyed it, but it could have been better.
June 14, 2009
May 13, 2009
An OK movie about a guy that tries to save a brewery in his hometown. The cast has some famous names in it and there are some alright parts to the movie. The shower scene with the dog was weird and this movie feels like they got the rights to the song and worked backwards from that.
November 20, 2008
Mildy amusing, more like a TV movie than a major motion picture...
½ October 3, 2008
Corporate hotshot returns to hometown to modernize smalltown brewery but finds emotions getting in the way of profits. Based on hit Johnny Paycheck song, who appears briefly in barroom football scene.
½ June 3, 2008
This is a lot of redneck fun. A true "screw the system" film if there was one. And the introduction to the world of the 1st monster truck BIGFOOT !
March 28, 2008
Sounds like my kind of movie... :)
½ February 25, 2008
What's not to love...beer and big foot(1)!!!Oh yeah and telling your boss to kiss your ASS!
February 20, 2008
Needed more Johnny Paycheck
½ October 27, 2007
Amazingly good...especially the scene with the cat. Don't let the title fool you--while the main story is rather predictable, the substories and character development are phenomenal.
½ September 12, 2007
It has been 10+ years since I saw this movie, and it still is one of the most memorable to me. The title is very deceiving, as it implies it is a drinking buddy comedy. It is not. It is a powerful drama about a young businessman being asked to return to his hometown of Dubuque, IA, to turn around a struggling brewery where his best friend is employed. The scene of his buddy getting drunk and playing with the kitten will stick with most viewers for their entire lifetime.
½ June 6, 2007
The movie has Big Foot in it. Enough Said!
March 23, 2007
the title sells me alone
March 12, 2007
B I G F O O T says it all and dont forget all the beer
½ March 5, 2007
An entertaining movie starring Robert Hays, Barbara Hershey, and Art Carney. Robert Hays plays a man who gets the raw end of the stick and wants to start a brewing company of his own. The film also has an appearance of Country singer Johnny Paycheck, who's song, the same title of the film is played ion the film. A classic 1981 film.
February 9, 2007
haha i like the name of the movie!!!
½ December 10, 2006
Pretty bad, pretty terrible, pretty horrible. Do I need to say anymore then that?
December 9, 2006
I wonder what this is about, i think ill see it!