Taken 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Taken 2 Reviews

½ August 11, 2012
Taken 2 is a tired, lifeless retread of the original, that features an uninspired turn from Liam Niesson, a ludicrous plot and pretty terrible dialogue. The film has no guts or brain, we know from the beginning that Niesson and his family will survive. It is predictable and therefore has to find other ways to entertain us. It doesn't. It tries to play on emotion, but it has little to draw from. The characters are paper thin and Niesson is indestructible. There's nothing human to connect to. One of the worst offenses of the film is the editing. It mistakes rapid fire editing for good action and most of the chase scenes are incomprehensible montage of jolts and jabs and crashes. It can't hold a single shot for more than a second or two. A very frustrating experience.
½ August 30, 2015
Didn't really like this one but it is still awesome to watch
½ March 16, 2012
Good lord, Liam just isn't bad. Ever.
½ November 14, 2013
Good action with a lame plot
December 26, 2015
With the same failings as the original and nothing much to add, Tak2n does little to justify it's existence.
December 22, 2015
The sequel which could have started off one of the best action franchises of all time but ultimately fell flat. The movie is poorly directed by Olivier Megaton who over used shaky cam, the writing is cliched and stupid but to be honest I can't help but like it for being so bad, there is some redeeming factors like Liam Neeson who always puts in a great performance but overall the film is stupid and that's why I like it. I give this film 6/10.
August 19, 2015
Taken 2 is extremely stupid. The grenade scene is painful, and the shaky cam doesn't help for the action sequences.
December 3, 2015
The second one is pretty much the same concept except it's his ex wife. And everything is dumber. The whole grenades on rooftops skit? The hell is that? Its not terrible, but Taken 2 is extremely average, at best
½ May 9, 2012
The absolute perfect action movie and perfect sequel.
November 29, 2015
Feels kind of repetitive after the first, but the action and suspense still work pretty well.
November 20, 2015
Absolute unmitigated tripe. My partner and I walked out. Nothing else to say!
½ January 3, 2013
Loved the first one. This one is not as good, but still entertaining and had some good action scenes.
½ August 21, 2012
The second installment to the hit " Taken" was not that good as the first one, but enjoyable to watch. It was pretty much the same thing, but different kidnapped, but taking that out of consideration it was still a good action movie and Liam Neeson was great as always. Just take it as another movie with Liam Neeson as opposed to comparing it with the first. As that being said for this being one good sequel with good solid action and a somewhat good solid plot, i give " Taken 2 " a B-.
November 6, 2015
It isn't that the movie is bad so much as it is completely unnecessary. Taken (part 1) was so-so at best, though a bit of a sleeper hit and it was refreshing to see Neeson in such an action-heavy role. But now it seems to be his calling card and this sequel was just another instalment in the Neeson Renaissance as an action star. The plot is very straight-forward: someone gets kidnapped and someone tries to save them. The motive is clear: revenge. No silly money or power struggles, no twists involving betraying best friends, just a straight-up search and rescue. But...why? Oh, never mind: I suppose there was a money angle after all. Unless you REALLY enjoyed the first one, there's really no reason to watch this one.
October 4, 2012
Taken 2 has enough action scenes, gunshots, and gritty violence to please the audeince and Liam Neeson kicks plenty of ass, unfortunately plot wise we've all seen this before, it's not one of the worst sequels ever made but it's basically a repeat of Taken with less thrills and fun, unfortunately everything that made the first Taken a hit got "Taken" in this movie!
December 29, 2012
The 1st one was AMAZING but this one...not so much!! It was good but I was hoping for ALOT MORE!!!! In the first one he had to do this then do that then kill him, him, him && then kill them which made it so much more exciting && thrilling. I thought the 2nd one would b like that as well but i guess not. I still liked it though.
½ October 21, 2015
The best thing you can say about this piece of shit is that he kills a lot of smokers.
August 4, 2014
I loved the first taken film but I really did not like this film very much. The villain is awful and the action scenes r so shite. I hope 2 never see this stupid sequal again. Shame on u olivier megaton
½ October 17, 2015
It Was A Good Film And It Had Its Moments
½ October 12, 2015
This was a great sequel to the first one. It's basically the same story as the first one just the characters switch places. It still is a great movie and all but it takes some time for the story to get going. The first one is better but this one is a pretty close second.