Taken 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Taken 2 Reviews

jamrcla
July 30, 2016
This was a hit and mainly miss film in many ways, The action wasn't as good as the first, No blood, The acting wasn't great, A slow start, The gun fights were disappointing but having said all that there was a good car chase and some other good bits, They thought about how much money they could make if they made it a 12A instead of thinking about what the audience wants, So don't go in expecting it to be like number 1 because you will be very disappointed.
July 25, 2016
How come this has a low tomato meter,
Sometimes i like total shit, and Most of the time i like good movies.
This is one of the shitty movies i enjoy watching.
I Suppose the story and how it is made was superb.

Score: 8/10
½ July 9, 2016
Taken....as a 12A tom cruise style action film with generic action sequences lacking brutality, a dull car chase and a coincidentally close gang HQ to Bryan mills hotel. However the first watch is enjoyable but you will feel like it's been snipped for a lower age rating than the original.
June 30, 2016
Liam Neeson is a joy to watch as always, but he can't save this unessecary sequel from lacking tension and memorable action. It's passable, but highly forgettable.
June 26, 2016
I desperately want to see this movie I just hope it can live up to the thrilling standards that were laid down by Liam in the previous movie.
½ June 25, 2016
At least Liam Neeson still kicks ass
½ June 10, 2016
If you liked the first one then this will be intertaining also ! It was ....SOMDVD
June 9, 2016
Exactly the same as the first.
½ April 29, 2016
Not bad, but not great. Some decent car chases.
March 27, 2016
It doesn't exceed the brilliance and electrifying feel the first film gave us. Besson who co-wrote the screenplay almost feels as if he's setting this film up so it's the last. Liam Neeson is always a pleasure to watch and Famke Jansen and Maggie Grace are giving it an effort but the film drags on and just as it's about to get at least somewhat good, it goes to the climax as if they were piping you up for a great fireworks show and half-hearted the grande finale. There's also a lot of choppy editing in the first few fight sequences. Fans of the first might at least find it decent enough though I, and possibly others, would recommend seeing the first film before this one.
Liloh
March 21, 2016
I m a freekin Liam Neeson fan though Taken 2 was not as expected. Please no Taken 3.
March 20, 2016
This was a "good enough" sequel to the original film, but not quite as good as the first. I tend to like Liam Neeson in almost anything, so even when the script gets a little foolish, he still manages to be entertaining.
½ March 18, 2016
Fast, well edited and somewhat entertaining but also entirely underwhelming, unsurprising and occasionally downright ridiculous. Even Liam Neeson can't change that.
March 16, 2016
Not as good as the original due to incoherant action scenes, but manages to be darker and more involving with serious tension and thrill!
February 21, 2016
The only thing "Taken" this time, was 1hr and 30 mins of my hard earned free time. Liam Neeson wears a bad ass leather coat while taking down whole horde of faceless bad guys, all while trying desperately to keep that PG-13 rating. Will I watch the third? Yes. Do I want to? No. Must I know how the trilogy ends? Of course.
½ February 18, 2016
Great intensity and great follow up from the 1st one
½ February 17, 2016
This cheap sequel is basically a rehash of the first movie, only with a few changes to make it look original - something that not even that previous chapter was. And it is less exciting and even more implausible.
February 14, 2016
It was to predictable, nothing surprising
Null
½ February 5, 2016
Weak plot, underutilized villain and poorly edited fight scenes. Taken 2 is an unnecessary sequel to a perfectly fine movie. Though it does have some thrilling sequences and another exceptional performance by Liam Neeson.
½ February 5, 2016
im a fan of this series. if you enjoyed the first you will enjoy this one. dont go see it expecting to see something u haven't. its him kicking the bad guys a$$.