Taken 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Taken 2 Reviews

½ April 29, 2016
Not bad, but not great. Some decent car chases.
March 27, 2016
It doesn't exceed the brilliance and electrifying feel the first film gave us. Besson who co-wrote the screenplay almost feels as if he's setting this film up so it's the last. Liam Neeson is always a pleasure to watch and Famke Jansen and Maggie Grace are giving it an effort but the film drags on and just as it's about to get at least somewhat good, it goes to the climax as if they were piping you up for a great fireworks show and half-hearted the grande finale. There's also a lot of choppy editing in the first few fight sequences. Fans of the first might at least find it decent enough though I, and possibly others, would recommend seeing the first film before this one.
Liloh
March 21, 2016
I m a freekin Liam Neeson fan though Taken 2 was not as expected. Please no Taken 3.
March 20, 2016
This was a "good enough" sequel to the original film, but not quite as good as the first. I tend to like Liam Neeson in almost anything, so even when the script gets a little foolish, he still manages to be entertaining.
½ March 18, 2016
Fast, well edited and somewhat entertaining but also entirely underwhelming, unsurprising and occasionally downright ridiculous. Even Liam Neeson can't change that.
March 16, 2016
Not as good as the original due to incoherant action scenes, but manages to be darker and more involving with serious tension and thrill!
February 21, 2016
The only thing "Taken" this time, was 1hr and 30 mins of my hard earned free time. Liam Neeson wears a bad ass leather coat while taking down whole horde of faceless bad guys, all while trying desperately to keep that PG-13 rating. Will I watch the third? Yes. Do I want to? No. Must I know how the trilogy ends? Of course.
½ February 18, 2016
Great intensity and great follow up from the 1st one
½ February 17, 2016
This cheap sequel is basically a rehash of the first movie, only with a few changes to make it look original - something that not even that previous chapter was. And it is less exciting and even more implausible.
February 14, 2016
It was to predictable, nothing surprising
Null
½ February 5, 2016
Weak plot, underutilized villain and poorly edited fight scenes. Taken 2 is an unnecessary sequel to a perfectly fine movie. Though it does have some thrilling sequences and another exceptional performance by Liam Neeson.
½ February 5, 2016
im a fan of this series. if you enjoyed the first you will enjoy this one. dont go see it expecting to see something u haven't. its him kicking the bad guys a$$.
January 30, 2016
want to see it out of curiosity
January 24, 2016
I really liked this movie...should probably watch the first one now :p
½ January 12, 2016
Taken 2 is a tired, lifeless retread of the original, that features an uninspired turn from Liam Niesson, a ludicrous plot and pretty terrible dialogue. The film has no guts or brain, we know from the beginning that Niesson and his family will survive. It is predictable and therefore has to find other ways to entertain us. It doesn't. It tries to play on emotion, but it has little to draw from. The characters are paper thin and Niesson is indestructible. There's nothing human to connect to. One of the worst offenses of the film is the editing. It mistakes rapid fire editing for good action and most of the chase scenes are incomprehensible montage of jolts and jabs and crashes. It can't hold a single shot for more than a second or two. A very frustrating experience.
½ January 7, 2016
Didn't really like this one but it is still awesome to watch
½ January 4, 2016
Good lord, Liam just isn't bad. Ever.
½ December 29, 2015
Good action with a lame plot
December 26, 2015
With the same failings as the original and nothing much to add, Tak2n does little to justify it's existence.
December 22, 2015
The sequel which could have started off one of the best action franchises of all time but ultimately fell flat. The movie is poorly directed by Olivier Megaton who over used shaky cam, the writing is cliched and stupid but to be honest I can't help but like it for being so bad, there is some redeeming factors like Liam Neeson who always puts in a great performance but overall the film is stupid and that's why I like it. I give this film 6/10.