Taken 3 Reviews

• Oct 01, 2019

I have a rather unpopular opinion. I personally really enjoy Taken 3, despite it not feeling like a Taken film, the film itself has a rather confusing but interesting plot, unexpected occurrences, and is generally quite enjoyable, in my opinion, not the best film, but certainly a worthy watch.

• Sep 24, 2019

One was enough, three are two too many.

One was enough, three are two too many.

• Sep 23, 2019

Acho que foi um dos piores filmes que eu já assisti. O cara matou uma 30 pessoas e o Forest Whitaker queria prendê-lo por invadir os arquivos da polícia ou da Cia. Muito ridículo.

• Aug 18, 2019

A step below the previous two movies. The plot is beyond ridiculous at this point. Disappointing, but still a passable action thriller. (First and only viewing - 8/2/2019)

• Jul 21, 2019

The action sequence are confusing to watch the shaky cam and cut takes.

The action sequence are confusing to watch the shaky cam and cut takes.

• Jul 07, 2019

Not as kinetic as the first Taken but certainly worth streaming.

Not as kinetic as the first Taken but certainly worth streaming.

• Jun 17, 2019

An editing nightmare. Olivier Megaton's action thriller Taken 3 (2015) is a complete bore with a cliche story and atrocious editing. There is hardly any action until the last half hour with a few cool shootouts and one neat plane and car stunt. That's it. So if you were thinking about watching Taken 3 as a fan of the first two for some excitement and laughs, there is nothing fun here. Skip Taken 3 and just watch Taken again or another action franchise. Do not waste your time. Megaton's direction is without passion or care. The pace is slow with a mystery that is so glaringly obvious because they recast Stuart St. John from Taken and Taken 2 with the clearly villainous looking Dougray Scott. Taken 3 contains no surprises, no thrills, and no sense. For example, Luc Besson's script is a mess. Liam Neeson kills so many innocent people on the freeway at one point, not to mention how many police he hurts during this movie, that there is no way he would get off Scot-free as in the epilogue of Taken 3. Why would they ever let the bad guy stand open and free to move and grab the gun in the truck near the finale? He obviously would have been restrained as they already knew he was bad by that point. These oversights are so stupid and so glaring that I cannot ignore them. Liam Neeson looks tired throughout all of Taken 3. He just looks done with this franchise as am I. He gets little action and a bit of dramatic moments, but is wasted on other terrible scenes. Forest Whitaker is the best part of Taken 3 hands down. His hard-nosed detective is astute and interesting with little careful habits that are engaging to watch. Still, Whitaker gets little to nothing to do when you think about it. Famke Janssen gets one sweet dramatic scene with Liam Neeson in his kitchen, then dies. Maggie Grace does nothing but gripe and complain. Sam Spruell is creepy as the bad Russian mobster, but he is too weird to be threatening. His shootout with Neeson is the highlight of Taken 3, however. But, the fact that he doesn't just shoot Neeson when he has the upper hand and even throws down his machine gun to grab a smaller pistol for no reason makes no sense. I have not yet even mentioned why Taken 3 is already notorious. The editing in Taken 3 is as bad as the incoherent editing within Batman v. Superman or the embarrassing, music video style editing of Suicide Squad. Not even exaggerating, there is a jump cut every single second in Taken 3. No scene is allowed to breathe and the action sequences are incoherent as you cannot follow anyone since they are not on screen for more than a moment. Megaton has no taste as a director. Colombiana remains his best film, and even that has nearly the same terrible rapid fire jump cuts. Taken 3 is nearly unwatchable as is with this poorly executed action editing. In short, do not watch Taken 3. Watch the first Taken film, then try another action franchise or film. John Wick has 3 solid installments thus far. Die Hard's first 3 movies are all entertaining. The Bourne trilogy is well made and intriguing. Even the Transporter trilogy was better than Taken. Only Taken (2009) holds up to be honest.

• Jun 16, 2019

Probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen in theaters. I was laughing uncontrollably less than 20 minutes in, left very early to see something else.

• Apr 20, 2019

Taken was a good action movie. Taken 2 was ok. This film just shouldn't have been made.

Gimly M Super Reviewer
    Mar 16, 2019

I can handle the 47 cuts and shakey cam poorly trying to hide the fact that Liam Neeson can't run. I can handle the inevitability of "More money means more explosions!" in franchises like these. I can even contort myself to handle the right-out-the-gate fridging of one of my favourite actresses that Taken 3 copped so much flak for. But what I cannot handle is how absolutely fucking dumb this movie gets in the second half. Every five minutes my roommate or I had to scream "WHAT!?" at the things that were happening on screen, and disparage the various idiotic and/or nonsense decisions that were being made.