Taken in Broad Daylight - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Taken in Broad Daylight Reviews

½ July 8, 2016
Nice to see Van der Beek in a bad-guy role & Burton giving such a strong performance - as all the supporting actors do. A slightly better than average made-for-TV flick.
April 24, 2016
Poorly Acted Film About a Kidnapping.

There are very few redeeming points in this 'made for T.V' drama about a high school senior who was kidnapped from a parking lot in Nebraska back in 2001.

Although the topic of this film is a fairly serious one, it is a huge disappointment in terms of writing, direction and acting. The movie starts out as a teenage high school drama, and ever so slowly and painfully gets worse and worse as it goes along. The dialogue is unbelievably and at best, poorly delivered. The most intense scene was a mind boggling cluster of bad lines, and inane acting, that it ruins any drama that should have been part of such a horrendous act.

Every part of this movie dissolves into your typical 'straight to video' movie.

1/5
November 20, 2014
Not bad for a low budget film and the story was pretty much spot on, maybe too spot on.
½ October 12, 2014
Based on a true story. A thriller that follows the hunt for a kidnapped girl, Anne Slutti, who although forced to hide out in the wilderness of northern USA leaves clues as to their whereabouts for the police to track them down. Whilst the hunt is on the reality of being held captive, for what ever purpose the captor wants, and the punishment for not doing so, are harrowingly made clear. Frighteningly real in some places. The relationship between captor and captive is well delivered. The film does have a made for TV look about it and as such some of the horrific detail is toned down.
October 2, 2014
another supermarket DVD 2.99 DVD combo pack purchase
June 9, 2014
WOW......DREADFULL......POINTLESS.....SO SO SO DREADFULL.... i have just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is such a really pointless movie 2 watch its such an awful movie 2 watch there is nothing special, good about this movie its such a really dreadful movie 2 watch..........AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS ITS SUCH A REALLY DREADFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH......its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie which is probably the best thing about this movie......its such an awful movie 2 watch........its got good car chases throughout this movie but this is such an awful movie 2 watch its such an absolultey dreadful movie 2 watch its so pointless movie 2 watch its nothing good 2 watch its such an awful movie 2 watch there is nothing good/special about this movie its such an awful dreadful movie 2 watch.......
January 13, 2013
This is a pretty typical made for TV movie, and it's pretty hard to be angry about the DVD case giving away the ending when it's based on a true story and if you ever watch the news, you knew the ending anyway. Sara Canning is quite impressive in her role. James Van Der Beek comes across as a bit weaker than you would expect from a career criminal, but I don't know much about the actual person so I don't know how true to life that is. As a whole, I enjoyed the movie, but you can't expect some kind of major blockbuster from something that was made for TV.
½ August 23, 2012
A Lifetime movie is a Lifetime movie. This one was surprisingly good (well, entertaining, I should say) considering.
August 22, 2012
Decent. Sara Canning did a great job in her role. James Van Der Beek is always terrible, so I didn't expect much from him.
May 13, 2012
Thriller with little thrill and no surprises, though it was from a true event.
January 7, 2012
One of those really intense, true story films that keep you hooked the whole way through.
½ September 12, 2011
This movie had a lot of potential - but the acting fell really flat
March 2, 2011
Its a very good movie
February 13, 2011
Un LeVar Burton toujours aussi excellent
December 8, 2010
No surprises but it was slightly interesting. Nice to see James Van Der Beek not being very nice.
October 23, 2010
There was absolutely nothing special about this movie, with the exception of an extremely brave young girl, who did not let her situation get the better of her. She is a remarkable person. Otherwise, I was slightly bored the whole way through.
July 25, 2010
Abduction movies are always engaging in my opinion because it can happen to anyone. So I thought it was engaging but seeing James Van Der Beek in this role was odd to me. I loved him in Dawson's Creek but him being a kidnapper just doesn't work for him. I couldn't even believe it was him. So I guess in a way he did his job since I couldn't believe it was him but at the same time I've seen him do better. Sara Canning was great as Anne Sluti. The story itself is very interesting and scary so I didn't think the movie was that bad/ It was informative.
½ July 24, 2010
Good and interesting since it is based on a true story. Levar Burton is quite good in it.
July 5, 2010
Awesome. Saw with Casey at like 2 at night.
June 12, 2010
Was actually pretty decent for a Lifetime movie.