Taking Chance - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Taking Chance Reviews

December 9, 2017
Every citizen should watch this film, and thank their God for those that sacrificed their all. I am humbled by the way our military treat with great dignity and respect the remains of our military.
October 30, 2017
amazing to see the huge disparity among reviews by critics. I can only believe that this is politically motivated or class-based. The movie was touching and powerful, but a bit heavy handed and redundant in places. It achieves its purpose of helping us to acknowledge the depth of sacrifice that some in our military make (about 1 in 1000 are KIA) and the resect that they are given and deserve. It helps us understand why some people are so focused on venerating the flag, rather than the rights of those who use it as a tool for protest. I am glad that i saw the film and i liked it.
October 20, 2017
I hope that we will always have respect and honor for those who have valiantly fought for freedom.
½ June 10, 2017
What a wonderful, moving story. Kevin Bacon is fantastic as a Marine Colonel who escorts a KIA back to their mutual hometown, while also dealing with some inner feelings of his own. Have a box of kleenex handy when you watch it.
February 15, 2017
Absolutely Beautiful! The dignity and the journey will stay with me forever.
January 10, 2017
One proper propaganda.
January 2, 2017
An absolutely beautifully filmed tribute to our fallen soldiers. Overtly and inexcusably emotional. Accept that and you will be moved.
November 13, 2016
Another great movie, panned by professional critics yet loved by most people who has taken the time to really watch it, and try to understand the meaning behind the great care taken for our fallen soldiers. It provides a "Chance" to have a real connection between the rights we enjoy and the price paid to enjoy them.
August 14, 2016
Emotionally taxing at times. I liked seeing a behind the scenes view of how military deaths are handled. I liked it, but also thought why don't the families have more say in how the body is buried etc... or maybe they do. Kevin Bacon was great a little too reminiscent of a Few Good Men. If you want a slow emotionally tolling movie check it out.
July 27, 2016
Great movie. A must watch for everyone.
June 18, 2016
This s a must see for everyone that partakes of the freedoms we have in this country.
June 3, 2016
Real life no Hollywood
May 30, 2016
One of THE best movies about who paid and for what.
WELL acted and loved the whole thing,EXCEPT for the TSA asshat that would have gotten a knuckle dusting if I saw that happen = and no,dont care if I got arrested for that.
May 29, 2016
This is a powerful, moving story about a Marine Officer who volunteered to escort the remains a fallen PFC to his family and funeral. I had never heard of it and merely bumped into it as I was looking at potential movies for the holiday weekend. It is brutal in its honesty and will make you appreciate the spirit of Memorial Day.
March 12, 2016
Excellent movie
Everyone should see it
January 3, 2016
One of the very best, touching, gripping movies I have ever seen.
½ December 8, 2015
One of Kevin Bacon's finest! I cry like a baby every time I watch it.
½ July 2, 2015
This movie was something that I stumbled upon while flipping through the on demand choices and it was able to get through it with company.
It was very strong as it hit some emotional cords for me having served in the combat theater, and then dealing with families via the chaplain service. Kevin Bacon did a very respectable and honorable portrait of a warrior's last ride to his home of record. It is not meant to uplifting or inspiring type of film, at least the way I felt after watching it. I was probably more raw than other viewers but my wife xsaid she thought it was good, and it helped her to understand a little more about the huge sacrifice that some have made that is lost in the background of the 20 second newsbites, between episodes of reality TV shows of the Kardashians, Survivor or Dr. Phil.

Sempre Fidelis
May 20, 2015
I watched this film for my Film Appreciation class, I thought it was a very emotional film that payed a great compliment to our servicemen and women. I heard from some people who said they didn't enjoy this movie, but that just proves to me that some don't respect those who serve and protect our freedom. Many people may ask is it a chick flick or a film that everyone would like? I personally believe that any gender, or race would enjoy this movie for the reason that it follows Lt. Col Strobl's journey taking a heroic, fallen solider home. This movie is rated PG, but I wouldn't suggest it to children under 12 for the fact that younger children may not understand the whole story line, and the emotional aspects. This film may be extremely emotional, but emotional films can be loved by any gender.
May 19, 2015
Possibly one of the most emotionally moving films I have ever seen, this one actually got to me a good bit. Kevin Bacon is phenomenal in the lead role and the writing is really strong. This one is just as long as it needs to be, which I really appreciate. They didn't add a bunch of extra fluff to make it longer, because the story needed nothing else to be added to it. Based on a true story, the emotional impact of this one is certainly bolstered by it and really does a great job portraying all that surrounds the death of a soldier and their journey home. A somber film from beginning to end, it does not just tackle the issue of burial, but also of regret, both from those at home and abroad during war. One of the more compelling "war" films I have seen in recent times, Taking Chance is criminally underseen.