Talento de Barrio - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Talento de Barrio Reviews

April 12, 2013
BEST MOVIE EVER why because it had my DADDY YANKEE in it of course :) :D X)
February 15, 2013
I woke up to the reality of Puerto Rico and the underground economy After watching this movie. This, in so many ways, it is not fiction. A sad reality that a lot of marginated kids see this as inspirational.
January 20, 2013
love this movie and its made in my country
½ January 20, 2013
The story is not that bad at all but the acting horrible. Also this only shows the dark side of Puerto Rico.
½ October 8, 2012
it was good because it had a lot of reality in it about the real world of drugs.
August 29, 2012
love this movie 100%
½ July 8, 2012
I'm Puerto Rican and I hate this guy. Now I have another reason to hate him.
July 2, 2012
This movie as bad as bad Action script as well, or Ed Wood would make a mess as big as this, disappointing part of a Musician and Actor as Bad Daddy Yankee is not worth the slightest doubt that this film is as shameful as Batman & Robin or King Kong Lives
MANUGINO
May 11, 2012
A young drug dealer falls in love while facing disruption among the men in his gang, and being offered a career as a Reggaetón singer.

Not bad at all. Very proud of this film specially because I'm from Puerto Rico. Parents don't show this movie to your kids, it's pretty violent so you have been warned. Very symbolic because we know who Daddy Yankee is and where he is now, and it showed where he came from. It was a very strong film. It's an emotional story, and it left me admiring him more as an artist. I'm glad he made this film because he is one of the first(and one of the best) Reggaeton stars, and the music would not be the same without him. I'm glad he got out of that lifestyle and brought his talent to light for the world to see because even after all these years, although it hasn't been that long, he is still holding it down. His musical style, beats, and rap represent the lifestyle and you feel that it is coming from deep within his heart and soul that makes him an original that cannot be duplicated.

A misunderstood youth from the streets of Puerto Rico must choose between musical superstardom and underworld notoriety after falling for a beautiful uptown girl whose positive influence causes him to seriously consider giving up a life of crime. Edgar Dinero (Daddy Yankee) was balancing thug life with greater ambitions when he first met the girl of his dreams. In order to prevent the girl from slipping through his fingers, Dinero does his best to prevent her from discovering his true ties to the violent barrio underworld. By day, Dinero slips into the recording studio with dreams of becoming a big reggaeton star, and by night be takes to the streets to defend his turf from the most violent criminals in the city. One day, Dinero realizes he finally has the opportunity to leave his life of crime behind. Will he ever convince the corrupt cops that he's changed his ways, and will his brothers on the street find the courage to forgive him for abandoning them during their darkest hour? Now, as Dinero attempts to choose between perishing as the prince of the underworld or thriving as the king of reggaeton, he must open his ears to the beat of the barrio in order to discover his true fate.
March 2, 2011
Nor is this so bad, bad acting, bad script and violence carried no purpose but everything is at least entertaining for some people and some intense.
February 24, 2011
" An Embarrassment For Puerto Rico's Cinema".
½ January 9, 2011
Worse thing to ever come out of Puerto Rico sin reggaeton.
September 17, 2010
This movie was bad. I live in Puerto Rico, and I understand the message and can see why all these stupid Puertorican users are giving this good reviews. All this movie did was say "PUERTO RICO SUCKS. IT'S ALL CRIME AND DRUGS HERE.". It tried to have a good message, but it just fell flat as a failed 8-Mile wannabe.
June 2, 2010
Fucking Great Movi
e!!
May 28, 2010
esta bien chida o no?
½ May 19, 2010
I generally have low expectations for these kinds of movies. They mainly feature bad acting, horredous writing, high school cinematography and over the top violence. But this movie was the cherry on top of the pie. This for lack of better word was a mess. Yeah it was one of the worse. I'm sure it wasn't going for the comedic route but man this was funny. I have never seen such worse dubbing in my life. They should have just made this subtitled and kept it in Spanish. The voices didn't even match the characters and even the subtitles were way-off from what the dubbing was. Then the dubbing was way off from the actual Spanish translation! The violence is so over the top and ridiculous I just expected everyone to get shot. There's something about violence when done correctly that's intense, gripping, gut-wrenching and you really care about the life of the characters, even the random ones. City of God did violence perfectly but this was far from City. The violence-laden story, such as it is, is ineptly stitched together; it's unclear who is shooting at whom and why; and the dialogue seldom advances beyond "Yo, dog" and "Whassup?" The story was a mess and just used as an acting vehicle for Daddy Yankee and after watching this movie your not surprised he doesn't have an acting career. The soundtrack was really annoying and songs did not fit the mood or enhance the scene. Just stay far far away from this.
April 11, 2010
fijate para ser low buget esta SUPER buena!! jaja DINERO pfff
March 23, 2010
Horrible pelicula. Demasiado clichosa, aburrida. Estahistoria de una persona que logra salir adelante, cuando viene de una cuna humilde, esta muy gastada. Aparte de que, Daddy Yankee no es un buen cantante, pero es un pesimo actor. Perdi mi tiempo en verla y me frustre. No entiendo porque las peliculas puertorrique~nas no pueden hablar de otros temas. Los dialogos son pesimos, las escenas malas y en general, otra peliculita para decir que hacemos "algo". No la recomiendo
March 7, 2010
Dy is the best i Am his #1 fan
½ January 8, 2010
daddy Yankee is tha shych and tha movie it raw