Talk to Me - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Talk to Me Reviews

½ January 12, 2013
This was a terrific movie. Hilarious, sweet, insightful. Everyone should see this.
December 2, 2012
It was a good movie but not Don Cheadle's best movie.
October 29, 2012
Don Cheadle is so magnetic and this is a great story.
½ October 9, 2012
"Wake up, goddammit!"
½ July 15, 2012
Don Cheadle gives the preformance of his career as he brings this true story of Petey Green to life once again.
June 13, 2012
i have always been a fan of Don Cheadle and he delivers big time.i can't wait til he comes out in another movie.
½ May 24, 2012
An excellent film with a great performance by Chiwetal Ejiofor!
May 22, 2012
when u realize that this is a Biography you will find that it a has a beautiful story.
April 24, 2012
I definately recommend this movie. I really enjoyed the entire cast of this movie and found the story moving and funny and inspiring. Plus it has an amazing soundtrack throughout.
½ April 20, 2012
Cheadle could entertain all day with his captivating Petey Greene. His fiery persona and groovy music lead the film to the great rise of the underdog to represent for the hearts of DC with a gold one of his own. But the film never really recovers its snappy charm after Petey moves out of the booth thanks to Dewey Hughes.
April 15, 2012
Spectacularly Moving! -E
½ April 10, 2012
Feels way too exaggerated and not once did I feel for any of the characters.
April 9, 2012
A morning talk show host mobilizes a network of listeners during the Civil Rights era.
The first act of this film sets up themes of negotiating "blackness," and set as it is during the Civil Rights era, this is an interesting question, pitting the executive against the ex-con. But the plot eventually degrades into thematically irrelevant and unfocused interpersonal dynamics that make the film as a whole more like My Week with Marilyn than Malcolm X, as Dewey Hughes, the radio executive, must keep Petey Greene, the host, from sabotaging both their careers.
The performances by Don Cheadle, whose antics are barely on the right side of believability, and Chiwetel Ejiofor are very good. I especially like Ejiofor whose reserve and intensity are characteristic of his fine body of work.
Overall, though the film has promise at the beginning, this biopic ultimately doesn't live up to expectations; it's just good enough to make me wish it were better.
April 3, 2012
Have no clue! Don't want to see!
March 24, 2012
Good movie, although the ending feels a little flat.
March 21, 2012
An inspired performance from Don Cheadle elevates a rather uneven film that can't decide if it's a drama or a comedy.
February 12, 2012
One of the best independent films I have ever seen. Don Cheadle and Chiwetel Ejofor were amazing as Petey and Dewey. This film captured the essence of the life and spirit of the great Petey Greene. The world is a lesser place without him. Must see film for all future activists or people who just like to make trouble for the establishment.
½ February 8, 2012
I thought this was a really good movie and very funny, yet important and clever.
½ February 2, 2012
Solid performances all around (though not enough screen time for my man Martin), but the film's fast start can't overcome its slow crawl to an ending. The dramatic turn it takes in act three does it in.