Talk to Me Reviews

• Jun 24, 2020

Great performances make this a fun biopic.

Great performances make this a fun biopic.

• Apr 23, 2020

I got this backwards. First I was called to Talk To Me as a magnet random Don Cheadle flick, then as I suspected there actually might be a real Petey Greene, paused the film to read about him, before returning to its conclusion. Throughout, Chiwetel Ejiofor was right there as well, alongside an especially scene stealin' Taraji P. Henson. After that, I YouTubed the man who fueled the Ptown DC ruckus and contentedly came full circle on a reverse 360. Hello, PG!

• Mar 03, 2020

Cheadle is the best

Cheadle is the best

• Feb 13, 2016

hilarious when it needs to be, and serious when it needs to be. it's a much see movie.

• Oct 24, 2015

Cheadle and Ejiofor are terrific in this fun,fast paced biopic.

Cheadle and Ejiofor are terrific in this fun,fast paced biopic.

• Jan 03, 2015

"Wake Up Goddammit!" I actually watched this back in January 6, 2015 when the Selma movie was being released, Eric Garner's death not long before, and Ferguson, Missouri not long before that. It was timely! Another stellar performance from Don Cheadle. Was heart-wrenching during the scene with news of MLK's death. Great film about a very interesting figure who matured during the civil rights era and making an impact in his own way.

• Aug 16, 2014

The script was kind of weak but Cheadle still made it work.

The script was kind of weak but Cheadle still made it work.

• Aug 03, 2014

Brings back memories of seeing Shaft, and earlier the riots after the death of Dr. King. Love Don Cheedle, who can play almost anything.

• Jun 01, 2014

Excellent film driven by the performances of the two lead characters. An excellent view of an iconic radio icon. Too bad they left the Howard Stern interview out as that is one of the more famous moments of both their careers.

• Alex r Super Reviewer
    May 26, 2014

Brilliant drama, Talk To Me based on the life of radio DJ Ralph "Petey" Greene, manages to be an engrossing picture, one that is engaging from the first frame onwards. I thought that the film's story was well written, and it boasted a great script, only elevated by two great performances its lead actors Don Cheadle and Chiwetel Ejiofor, who have terrific on-screen chemistry, which makes this a stunning and accomplished drama. Greene was a controversial figure, and he wasn't afraid to speak his minds, and stand up for what he believed in. Cheadle channels that perfectly, and his performance here ranked as one of his finest of his career. Talk To Me is an accomplished drama, one that has hints of humor, just adds something a bit more to the serious story, and it works. The story and acting is sure to delight genre fans, and overall this is a compelling drama worth seeing due to its subject, it's acting and exceptional direction. Don Cheadle is always great to watch on-screen and here he delivers something unique and elevates his filmography even further because, he simply commands the screen with his presence, and the pairing of him and terrific actor, Ejiiofor is what makes this film definitely worth your time. I have a background in Radio, studied for four years in college, and seeing this film was a treat. "Petey" Greene was unique, and it's great to see Cheadle playing such a great figure and he brings his unique style to the role, which adds so much depth to the screen. Talk To Me is a great drama that is elevated by its cast, story and direction. If you love the genre, give this drama a shot, you'll surely find it very entertaining.