Le Grand Blond avec Une Chaussure Noire (The Tall Blond Man with One Black Shoe) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Le Grand Blond avec Une Chaussure Noire (The Tall Blond Man with One Black Shoe) Reviews

Page 1 of 2
½ October 24, 2015
A clever French Comical Farce about a clumsy Musician who is mistaken as a Super Spy & has half the French Secret Service following him.

Very clever & quirky comedy but the film was missing a little something & failed to keep up my enthusiasm throughout.

There are some delightful scenes & I read this film was remade by the USA with Tom Hanks in the lead. Clever concept that shows some great footage of Paris in the early 1970's.
July 19, 2012
In order to distract a counter-intelligence watch on its spy French secret police fakes a communication with a random person, 'a blond gentleman in a black shoe'. The absent-minded stranger takes the weird things that start happening to him for granted oblivious of the watch, charms a lady spy and fools the observers. Light and exhilarating French comedy.
April 17, 2012
All resemblances of the bumbling main character with me is entirely coincidental. Incidentally, in the end I _also_ got the hot girl I met at a tango weekender.
November 9, 2011
Best movie ever. hands down yo.
½ November 4, 2011
Only the french would make something like this, a secret service-slapstick with absurd characters and repeated nudity and sexual innuendos. entertaining, in its own way.
March 22, 2010
Not half as funny as I've come to expect from Francis Véber and from Pierre Richard. Compared to « Le Jouet » and « La Chèvre », this one is pretty weak.
December 1, 2009
Very enjoyable French Farce. Although rather dated by today's standards it still retains its charisma and entertainment value. One to watch on a wet Sunday afternoon when the in-laws visit. 7.5 out of ten.
½ August 26, 2009
Clever comedy with a brilliant cast. Just a bit slow sometimes.
August 22, 2009
Un classique de la comédie française... Un quidam est choisi au hasard pour être la cible dans une guerre de service secret, s'en suit un grand nombre de situations comiques servies par une distribution très sympa (Richard, Rochefort, Carmet et Blier)
½ July 15, 2009
Dans la longue lignée des classiques comiques français. Contrairement à plusieurs autres des films de Pierre Richard, il ne porte pas celui-ci sur ces épaules. Plusieurs grands acteurs se partagent le temps à l'écran avec justesse. ? voir ou revoir.
May 4, 2009
Le tour de force de ce film est le décalage entre une histoire, une réalisation et une musique sérieuses, qui utilisent les codes du western et de l'espionnage et la performance de Pierre Richard, qui ponctue le film de ses gags et en fait une très bonne comédie, parfaitement rythmée.
½ March 16, 2009
One joke for two hours, I didn't find the initial joke that funny to begin with. Not my cup of tea.
Super Reviewer
October 23, 2008
nominated for best foreign film by NBR
October 21, 2008
One of those rare cases where the remake ("The Man with One Red Shoe") is not only better than the original, but *much* better!
½ September 21, 2008
Le scenario de Veber est comme bien souvent très bon.Tous les acteurs sont parfaits,la mayonnaise prend à merveille.
½ September 11, 2008
Nostalgie nostalgie ...
August 3, 2008
Le coup du parapluie !!!
Toute mon enfance !!! j'adere, j'adore !!!
celui la est bien aussi je crois
July 27, 2008
Le grand blond avec un show sournois
June 18, 2008
L'humour français dans toute sa splendeur! Un must!
Page 1 of 2