Le Grand Blond avec Une Chaussure Noire (The Tall Blond Man with One Black Shoe) Reviews

• Nov 18, 2017

Subtle and broad humor combined beautifully! Even the score is spot on all the way through.

• Feb 07, 2013

A clever French Comical Farce about a clumsy Musician who is mistaken as a Super Spy & has half the French Secret Service following him. Very clever & quirky comedy but the film was missing a little something & failed to keep up my enthusiasm throughout. There are some delightful scenes & I read this film was remade by the USA with Tom Hanks in the lead. Clever concept that shows some great footage of Paris in the early 1970's.

• Jul 19, 2012

In order to distract a counter-intelligence watch on its spy French secret police fakes a communication with a random person, 'a blond gentleman in a black shoe'. The absent-minded stranger takes the weird things that start happening to him for granted oblivious of the watch, charms a lady spy and fools the observers. Light and exhilarating French comedy.

• Apr 17, 2012

All resemblances of the bumbling main character with me is entirely coincidental. Incidentally, in the end I _also_ got the hot girl I met at a tango weekender.

• Nov 04, 2011

Only the french would make something like this, a secret service-slapstick with absurd characters and repeated nudity and sexual innuendos. entertaining, in its own way.

• Mar 22, 2010

Not half as funny as I've come to expect from Francis Véber and from Pierre Richard. Compared to « Le Jouet » and « La Chèvre », this one is pretty weak.

• Dec 01, 2009

Very enjoyable French Farce. Although rather dated by today's standards it still retains its charisma and entertainment value. One to watch on a wet Sunday afternoon when the in-laws visit. 7.5 out of ten.

• Aug 26, 2009

Clever comedy with a brilliant cast. Just a bit slow sometimes.

Clever comedy with a brilliant cast. Just a bit slow sometimes.

• Aug 22, 2009

Un classique de la comédie française... Un quidam est choisi au hasard pour être la cible dans une guerre de service secret, s'en suit un grand nombre de situations comiques servies par une distribution très sympa (Richard, Rochefort, Carmet et Blier)

• Jul 15, 2009

Dans la longue lignée des classiques comiques français. Contrairement à plusieurs autres des films de Pierre Richard, il ne porte pas celui-ci sur ces épaules. Plusieurs grands acteurs se partagent le temps à l'écran avec justesse. À voir ou revoir.