Tall Tale: The Unbelievable Adventures of Pecos Bill - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tall Tale: The Unbelievable Adventures of Pecos Bill Reviews

July 19, 2016
I loved this movie as a kid, and I refuse to rewatch it under my cynical adult eyes, where I'm sure I'd be more inclined to agree with the other reviews on here.
½ May 26, 2016
Kid teams with folk heroes to save the family farm in this flat attempt at family fantasy.
David T.
January 13, 2016
Now, I saw part of this at school when I was a child (I'm now in my mid-twenties) and I really love action-adventure and or certain fantasy films (whether it's Disney or non-Disney). Patrick Swayze gives an amazing performance as Pecos Bill. I mean it's just a good film that will take your breath away and it took my breath away. If you enjoy films like this, you are in for a HIGH FLYING treat. I know I was (and always am when I watch this).
April 25, 2015
Ambitious but poorly executed fairy tale that while not terrible isn't very good either.
½ August 7, 2014
(First and only viewing - 2/17/2010)
½ May 30, 2014
I only saw this movie once as a kid and I have no interest in revisiting it.
October 12, 2013
Awesome movie. Watching it now
June 10, 2013
Something maybe to watch once.
May 13, 2013
Despite lavish cinematography, some decent action and three American legends (Pecos Bill, John Henry and Paul Bunion) are brought to life terrifically by their performers (including the late great Swayze), Chechik's Wizard of Oz-esque Western ultimately lacks substance, with a flat and dull lead, both character & actor-wise, no exploration of its 'Old vs New World' theme and thus, coming off as narrow-minded and overly-simple, even by Disney standards, and a cop-out Deus Ex-Machina third act that throws out all the established rules and as a result, defeats whatever character arc or responsibility the protagonist had for the sake of simple spectacle.
March 31, 2013
As a kid this movie captivated and enchanted me with the excellent fantasy and story. Still one of my all time favorite Disney films
January 22, 2013
One of the first adult decisions I ever made was not to show this in class because even I recognized this had nothing to do with Folk Heroes. The characters may be in it, but it is very unfaithful to the original fables.
December 23, 2012
enjoyed this as a youngster, haven't seen it since though
December 21, 2012
love this movie!! through best..
October 29, 2012
One of the earliest movies i remember watching. its a great tale!
TheDudeLebowski65
½ September 3, 2012
Tall Tale is a terrific film with a great story and a good cast of actors. I grew up watching this film, and it's actually one of the better live action Disney films of the 90's. This is a well made film that definitely is fun for all ages. With an effective script, director Jeremiah Chechnik crafts a wonderful film with a great cast. This film is one of a few films that I enjoyed throughout my childhood. The film brings nostalgia to mind when I think of it. Really well done, and lots of fun from start to finish, the film is a wonderful experience for Disney lovers. The story is very well done, and really original. This is by far one of the best live action films that Disney has put out as others such as Jungle 2 Jungle was a horrible, poorly written and directed affair. However this film succeeds at being something special and fun for the entire family. The special effects are well done, and the cast do a fine job in their parts. This along with so many other films such as The Sandlot, Toy Story and Casper were a big part of my childhood. Tall Tale really is a terrific family film worth seeing and is certainly a film that anyone will enjoy. Oliver Platt here steals the show, and his performance was what made the film very enjoyable. Definitely a terrific live action Disney flick, and one of their better titles of the 1990's Lots of fun from start to finish, Tall Tale is wonderful entertainment definitely worth watching.
June 19, 2012
A delightful feelgood film. Swayze is excellent.
March 6, 2012
I didnt like this movie at first, but it has grown on me. It is a great kids movie. And patrick swayze is amazing.
½ February 8, 2012
I alwayz loved dis movie
SC007
January 7, 2012
I missed this film when it originally came out. I finally saw it on Cable and was pleasantly surprised by it. I liked it. Nick Stahl must have done this film right after the Man Without A Face. Stahl is great as the lead. Patrick Swayze also shines as Pecos Bill. Stephen Lang and Scott Glenn provide solid supporting work here. It was cool seeing Jared Harris and William H. Macy in this film, before they became famous. I definitely recommend this film.
September 8, 2010
TALL TALE: THE UNBELIEVABLE ADVENTURE (1994)