Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby Reviews

May 30, 2018
Hilarious. Just hilarious.
May 26, 2018
Why would anyone rate this disaster littered with Ferrel's retarded jokes? And I'm trying to get my head around what possessed Amy Adams to take up a role in this POS.
½ May 22, 2018
Off the shelf comedy.
michael e.
March 29, 2018
To me NASCAR is one of the most boring things to watch, but the movies on racing and NASCAR are awesome, and this movie is definitely no exception, in fact, I'd say its one of the funniest and best racing films of all time, and one of the funniest movies of Will Ferrel's carrier. To me everything in this film works, the timing of the lines, the jokes are all hysterical, the acting is fun and entertaining, and some of the racing is pretty entertaining. Sacha Baron Cohen as always is fantastic, though I wish I could here what he actually sounded like rather than an accent like in every movie he is in. This is also to me one of the most quotable comedies of all time, my favorite line being by Cohens character "Hakuna Matata, BEETCHES."
March 28, 2018
Funnier than you think it is. Watch it again.
March 27, 2018
First half is tolerable at best.
March 8, 2018
When Will ferrell hits, it's great. when he misses, it's rough.Some of his supporting cast is funny, but this is one of those misses
January 24, 2018
While this is an immensely silly movie, it is one that made me laugh hard on numerous occasions. I didn't find the story to be anything simple, but I felt all of the jokes and characters were hilarious. As a fan of Will Ferrell, I found this to be one of his better movies. It is a particular type of humor that while stupid is also smart because of how wonderfully satirical it is. If you're looking for a movie that will keep you consistently laughing, this is a pretty good choice.
January 17, 2018
Movie Review: Final
Talladega Nights: The ballad of ricky bobby
The film Talladega Nights: The ballad of ricky bobby is A 9/10 movie starting off with Ricky Bobby (Will Ferrell) at the top of his game with his best friend Cal Naughton jr. (John C. Reilly) helping him win races by doing the move called the slingshot and doing their gesture the "Shake and bake". It all changed when this french driver Jean girard (Sacha Baron Cohen) came into NASCAR and Ricky watched his life tumble down right in front of him he lost his Trophy wife, Cars, House, Money i mean he lost everything except for his kids. But with the help of his long lost father Reese Bobby (Gary Cole) helped Ricky get back to the top not easy but he made it to the top once again to prove everyone wrong that Ricky Bobby (Will ferrell) can do it once more.. Similar movies you could watch are Happy Gilmore, Step brothers, Blades of Glory, and Kingpin. This is totally a 9/10 movie for sure if your looking for a movie to laugh at the whole time this is definitely the one to watch. Also this would be a good movie to watch to make some memories with your buddies. This movie was directed by Adam Mckay. He has also directed The big short, Anchorman: The legend of Ron burgundy, Step Brothers, The other guys, Ant-Man, Daddy's home,
January 15, 2018
Humor and dialogue felt a bit dry, yet maybe not the worst Will Ferrel comedy I've seen. Good concept for sure, but only an okay film.
January 7, 2018
One of the funniest movies ever. If you haven't seen this movie, you need to fix your life up.
November 29, 2017
Talledega Nights was a very good movie in my opinion. I thought this movie was absolutely hilarious. The movie plot was set up very well and the order in which the events happened made the movie all the much better. The way Will Ferrell (Ricky Bobby) pretty much acted a fool throughout the entire movie made the movie fantastic and had me laughing continuously throughout the movie. Will Ferrell and John Reilly are pretty much like brothers in the movie and when they are together everything that they do makes me laugh. Ricky Bobby always wanted to be a NASCAR driver and when he got the chance he took full advantage of it and became one of the best. He was the best at what he did and he loved every single bit of the money and the fame. The scene when they were at the dinner table with his kids was probably the funniest scene of the entire movie. This movie was an absolute great movie and I could never get tired of watching it. I would definitely recommend this movie to anyone who likes a good laugh because this movie will definitely give you the laugh you are looking for.
½ November 24, 2017
I hear NASCAR fans hate this movie. If you can't laugh at yourself. Who can you laugh at?
November 23, 2017
Good funny movie likes just like cars the trilogy but live action starring will Ferrell , Sacha baron coen, and Riley something, john Riley , who knows. The story is cringe but hilarious, I would probably never see this movie again because I would rather see cars again. Sachs baron coen was the best and he's the standout in this movie.
November 21, 2017
Interesting film with funny moments but not as good as old school.
November 13, 2017
Very funny, I didn't like it as much as a lot of the recent comedies but it was very good.
November 6, 2017
This movie is funny time and time again. I can't count the number of times that I've watched it over the years and I still get a laugh out of it. Although it might not tell the most original story, it tells it with enough jokes and solid performances that its re-watch potential is top notch.
October 30, 2017
Anchorman's less funny little brother...with NASCAR. Will Ferrell, however, delivers a fun performance that provides a few genuine laughs. Rating: 2/5
October 29, 2017
If you ain?t first you?re last!!!!!
½ October 24, 2017
I think over time this film has settled around this rating with its fun idea and great castings. Will Farrell has started moving into lowbrow humour over time but he once was in films that had some story first. I tend to think of this as the definitive Nascar film, especially remembering the laughable bad Days of Thunder film. The ensemble cast play well together and never outstay their welcome in a satire that provides lots of fun for each character. I had this film higher but that was mainly due to the Farrell hype machine at the time. 25-10-2017.