Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby Reviews

October 6, 2016
Pretty sure it won an Oscar for best movie ever. Or was that Highlander?
October 2, 2016
This movie is hilarious and very inspiring.
September 10, 2016
It has its moments. Definitely not the worst Ferrell comedy to come out in recent memory. (I'm looking at you Land of the Lost)
September 8, 2016
Quite an entertaining film, amusing throughout.
September 6, 2016
Like most Will Ferrell films, tries way too hard to be funny and doesn't succeed almost all the time
August 30, 2016
a classic that will last forever
August 28, 2016
My favorite Will Ferrell movie
August 10, 2016
Never really got all the hype with this movie. Maybe it's because I hate NASCAR? Nonetheless it's still a Will Ferrel movie so it's inherently funny.
August 1, 2016
Funny and entertaining.
½ July 30, 2016
A classic Ferrell film, with a very simple story and enough nonsense to not care how simple it is. Despite how goofy this movie is, I'm impressed at how serious Ferrell and Reilly are able to come across. It doesn't feel as cheesy as some other ridiculous performances by the two. It feels real, odd as it may seem. I do enjoy seeing this film every once in a while.
½ July 24, 2016
This is a funny movie. The humor can be kind of stupid sometimes, but that is how this movie works. Unless you only like complex humor, I suggest that you watch this movie.
½ July 22, 2016
"I wanna go fast." Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby is an outrageous comedy that's full of laughs. The story follows NASCAR's number one driver Ricky Bobby as he rises to the challenge of French Formula One driver Jean Girard to see who's the fastest, but after getting into a wreck Bobby loses his self-confidence and has to get it back in order to return to the track and beat Girard. Starring Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly, Sacha Baron Cohen, Leslie Bibb, and Gary Cole, the film has an impressive cast that has great chemistry together. And the comedy is hilarious, with a lot of over-the-top humor that works incredibly well (like learning to drive with a cougar in the backseat). Ridiculously funny, Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby is a terrifically entertaining film.
½ July 14, 2016
Such a stupid freaking wonderful awesome movie....realized I had never written a review, so I hopped on it like a spider monkey. John C. Reilly is perfect in this movie, just like Jesus in a tuxedo t-shirt.
July 11, 2016
So so comedy from the same team as Anchorman and that wasn't brilliant either.
Talladega Nights is a friendly enough comedy but, suffers from it repeating the same joke over again. Usual Will Ferrell movie to be honest.
July 9, 2016
A good film with some funny moments, but ultimately it's too long and some segments really seem to drag.
June 30, 2016
Typical Will Ferrell Schtick but very funny
½ June 30, 2016
Only thing more revved up than the nascar engines is Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly's annoying overactive performances. They persist with the foolishness hoping that one of their outbursts will actually end up being funny. This happens very rarely and certainly not justifying experiencing two hours of stupidity, homophobic gags and silly stereotypes trading lame insults. With a predictable storyline to boot, "Talladega Nights" turns out to be as mind-numbing as watching cars go round in circles.
June 27, 2016
this movie is so dumb that is just ridiculously funny.I'm glad I finally watched it.
½ June 24, 2016
You know, I had the opportunity to see this here or there for years now, always passed on it because it looked so stupid, and with exception of Elf, I don't like any of Will Ferrals movies... Well this takes the cake! Very funny, very entertaining, and a great cast. Sasha Baren Cohen was amazing! What a delightful surprise!
June 13, 2016