Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby Reviews

June 27, 2016
this movie is so dumb that is just ridiculously funny.I'm glad I finally watched it.
½ June 24, 2016
You know, I had the opportunity to see this here or there for years now, always passed on it because it looked so stupid, and with exception of Elf, I don't like any of Will Ferrals movies... Well this takes the cake! Very funny, very entertaining, and a great cast. Sasha Baren Cohen was amazing! What a delightful surprise!
June 13, 2016
Absolutely hilarious!!!
June 13, 2016
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby is an okay movie. It does have a ton of comedy in it, but the movie just didn't suit me. I just can't put my finger on what was wrong with it. Will Ferrell did play a good role as Ricky Bobby. I would suggest this movie.
February 12, 2007
amusing while it lasts...
May 17, 2016
Jack Fischer

Talladega Nights Movie Review
â??If you ainâ??t first you're last.â?? (Ricky Bobby) Ricky Bobby, Will Ferrell,comedy genius to perfectionâ?? (Jamie Russell Rotten Tomatoes), becomes the best NASCAR driver, then loses everything when Jean Girard, Sacha Baron Cohen aka Ali G, steals the win from him, leading Ricky to not win for awhile. Then Ricky, makes a comeback when Ricky and Girard crash, leading to a running race to the finish line. In Talladega Nights, Adam McKay creates a comedy using a North Carolinian stereotype through Ricky Bobby.
Two parts of the movie were similar to real life situations. First, the costumes were close copies to actual driver suits. The movie used real NASCAR suits that made it more realistic. Additionally, the cars were authentically represented as they had sponsors and logos on the side of the cars. According to Tom Neven, a movie critic, â??there has never been any good NASCAR movies, but Will Ferrell ended that streakâ?? (Tom Neven Plugged In) to depict a real life situation.While the director Adam McKay made a spoof of the racing world, NASCAR lovers still found it realistic and amusing. People who watch NASCAR were not offended with the movie. They thought it was a realistic movie about a driver that loves to win races.
The special effects in Talladega Nights were not too impressive, however, the movie was not designed for that purpose. In the movie the special effects were fine that I could notice. In Talladega Nights the special effects were not the greatest in the eyes of a movie critic, but to an average person they were realistic, for example when Ricky Bobby thinks he on fire after he crashes. The special effects were not supposed to be Academy Award winning, but was just supposed to be a spoof of NASCAR.
Talladega Nights was an appealing movie because the directors used authentic costumes and cars to make it believable. Additionally the special effects were not fantastic but convincible. I highly recommend this movie to people that enjoy comedy movies.
June 8, 2007
Not Ferrell's best, but a worthy effort.
May 5, 2016
NASCAR racers career comes tumbling down when a French driver starts to steal his fame in this hilarious comedy satire that definitely gets the laughs.
½ April 1, 2013
Quite possibly the worst pile of camel dung ever to splatter into cinema.
April 23, 2016
It falls off sharply in its last act, which gets unfortunately unfunny, but the first two acts are satirical hilarity of NASCAR at its finest.
½ April 24, 2016
Stupid. Unfunny. Downright insulting to anyone with at least half a brain. But maybe I'm being too harsh. Some halfwits might laugh at this krap. Awful writing. Phony acting. Did I watch it all to come to this conclusion? Hell no! A few scenes of this forced humor with Baby Jesus prayers and redneck lampooning ad nauseam is more than enough to draw conclusions.
May 5, 2008
Quite funny takes piss out of the redneck sport of Nascar & Cohen is funny as the gay french driver
April 21, 2016
Will Farrell really becomes this asshole comedic character that he knows so well. All-in-all it was funny I laughed pretty hard.
½ April 4, 2016
I can't believe I've never actually reviewed this movie on this site. For the longest time I thought I had. I don't expect this to be a long review, since it is a film I've seen twice, the second time was on Saturday. And, for some reason, I got a real itch to watch this movie again, just to see if it held up as well as I remembered it when I went to see it in the theaters all those years ago. And, surprise surprise, the movie held up quite well considering. Then again, while ten years is a really long time, it's also not really that long. I think the real test will be if this movie holds up in 2026, when it celebrates its 20th anniversary. This really is just several notches below the first Anchorman, not by much, but it is some notches below. With that said, outside of some moments where it slows down, after Ricky Bobby is kicked out NASCAR, this movie is really fucking entertaining. Perhaps the one thing that surprised me the most, upon second viewing, is the fact that the film is actually consistently entertaining. And I say this because movies as heavy on sight gags and slapstick (with some really clever improv'd lines in there) usually are a bit of a mixed bag and they may have a great amount of hilarious moments, but there's also as many scenes that aren't as funny. That's just the nature of the beast. But I think this film does a great job at finding a way to keep you entertained or laughing throughout its running length. Maybe the film is too long for its own good, but the film has an excellent cast that they do make these flaws not as insufferable as it would be in other films. That's to be expected when you have a talented supporting cast that includes John C. Reilly, Sacha Baron Cohen, Jane Lynch, Gary Cole, Amy Adams, among many others. There are so many bits in the film that I really can't even begin to go over them without leaving out many others. One of my favorite ones, dating back to when I first saw the film, definitely had to be the car wreck that kept going through the commercial break. Really, this movie is full of memorable moments. Like I said, just far too many to go through right now. That's about it really, I realize this was a shitty review, then again, I don't think I've ever written a good one, but this was a really fun movie that you should see if you haven't yet. It's on Netflix, so there you go. Highly recommended.
½ March 27, 2016
A solid comedy that delivers on the stereotype of NASCAR. It delivers the punches without becoming lame.
January 26, 2011
Not the best of Will Ferrell's career but still had its moments.
February 3, 2016
Will Ferrell and Adam McKay follow up "Anchorman" with this pretty solid satirical comedy.
½ March 6, 2016
Good movie but I would've liked a little bit more comedy in there.
½ February 28, 2016
There's a lot of offbeat and weird jokes (some land, some don't) but the problem is that the movie takes the plot too seriously and ends up playing like a spoof that isn't actually spoofing anything.
½ February 23, 2016
Solid and amusing, Talladega Nights is a straightforward and simple comedy that does its own thing and does it well. Ferrel and Cohen are great here.