Tangled - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tangled Reviews

May 1, 2017
This was a enjoyable movie good laughter it made a great fairytale movie with good singing and dancing, my favorite character was Flynn Rider family's should see how funny this movie is!
April 30, 2017
Amazing visuals, and a pretty intereesting plot, wiht funny scenes. What else can we expect from a Disney movie.
April 23, 2017
Tangled is directed by Nathan Greno and Byron Howard, and it stars Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi in a 3D animated film about a girl that has long hair, and couldn't go outside as her mother doesn't want her to because it's danger out there, but then comes Flynn Rider (Zachary Levi) who stole the crossbar and come across Rapunzel's (Mandy Moore) place where he got captured, and got in a compromise that lead to Rapunzel going outside for the first time. This is one of those films that the choir students made a consensus on what to choose from my set of DVDs, and this is the second one that they chose. Luckily they managed to really like it, and with good reason as Tangled is an excellent film. Mandy Moore is great in acting very adorable and being likable, and has a great voice when she sings her songs. Zachary Levi is having fun with his performance that gives some hilarious moments, especially when he has to deal with a horse named Maximus. The animation looks amazing as the places that they go to look real, and the hair animation looks very fluid that you can say that that looks like real hair. The story of it is really good that felt like a modern fairy tale, and kept itself tight and interesting with great writing by Dan Fogelman. The score by Alan Menken is very catchy that has some great songs to listen to, and with I See the Light being one of the most romantic songs that I ever heard of. The characters are a lot of fun to watch, especially Maximus and Pascal who only give some visual imagery, and it's really funny to watch. The action is entertaining to rewatch, and the villain is a bit more developed than the villains that we get in Disney films nonetheless. It's clever, it's heartfelt, and delightful to watch that Tangled is never too old.
April 7, 2017
An entertaining enough movie, Tangled takes the story of Rapunzel and makes it fun for a modern audience. It's not one of my favorites, but is worth watching if you enjoy the Disney princess films.
½ March 31, 2017
Tangled (2010): is Disney's 50th animated feature as well as their first disney princess movie to be made entirely in CGI. In my opinion, it's one of the most charming and irresistible animated movies that Disney has put out in a long time. The story is based off of the well known fairytale of Rapunzel but it's just wonderful on how Disney took the story and incorporated many fascinating elements that make it an amazing experience. The movie is also not afraid to go dark in some scenes and their are also a great deal of action packed scenes to speed up the pace. The characters are a lot of fun and have a great amount of time devoted to giving them personality and charm. Rapunzel is quirky and naive while also having a great amount of free spiritedness. Flynn Rider A.K.A Eugene has a lot of funny moments being a thief but his change of heart is what admire most about his character. Maximus and Pascal are great for balancing the mood and they have a nice deal of cute and funny scenes. Mother Gothel is an very entertaining and threatening villain. I like how she replicates the traits from past female Disney villains. Flynn and Rapunzel's relationship is one of the biggest highlights in the entire movie. Their chemistry is charming and I really like how they share about each other's feeling when they start to become closer. The animation is amazing and the color palate they use is eye popping and lovely. It works the best during the "I see the light" sequence where there is a thousand lanterns lifted in the sky and the overall mood is uncontrollably lovely and amazing. There are also a lot of great details when it comes to Mother Gothel's tower, The German kingdom and even the scenery of the forest in general. They all just splendid to look at. The Music, much like the movie is lovely and irresistible. A lot of the songs are catchy as well as fun to listen to. They surprisingly help expand on the character's feelings and each of them feel very identifiable to whoever is singing. I also kinda like how some of the songs like "When will my life begin", use the acoustic guitar. This helps give the music a sort of modern upbeat like style which is kinda cool to see Disney do. I have no problem in saying that I absolutely love this movie. It has become one of my favorite Disney princess movies for quite some time and it just has everything that a great fairytale movie should have (A)
March 25, 2017
really good, aldo its sad they never really did a sequel to see how rapunzel life developed.
½ March 19, 2017
Well, this is the first Disney animated film that I just didn't like that much. It looks fantastic and has an adequate voice cast, but the music is uninspiring and the direction and screenplay are just pedestrian. Still, it plays out as a superior film codisidering its pedigree and status as an animated Disney Princess film. The problem is is that I'm not the target audience of young girls. In fact, I don't even know any.
March 17, 2017
About as good as I thought it would be, the beginning was gawd aweful, the rest was pretty OK. Only one good song, I can tell why they didn't have any music in the trailer. It's gimmicky like the Shrek movies after 2. But it did look quite well.
½ March 17, 2017
Tangled may be a straightforward romantic adventure, but it is filled with impressive visuals and enjoyable music.
½ March 3, 2017
A Fairy tale twisted, or just Tangled?
Disney's foray into this fairy tale leaves one word when it comes to the art- beautiful. The attention to the minute details amaze those even inside the world of computer animation. The character development must leave those who prefer other Disney movies (I'm lookin' at you Frozen fans), admitting its superiority. The fact that you want Rapunzel to flourish and grow, and that she does, and as you ache when you find out secrets from the hiding behind the disarming charm, oozing from Flynn and the hatefulness and the greed of those who use others for their own desires.
It's no secret that Rapunzel is a classic fairy tale written by the Brothers Grimm; a young girl is kept captive in a tower for a greedy witch, Mother Gothel. While the film isn't 100% accurate in it's portrayal of the fairytale, Tangled finds a way to make the sweet moments and fun story line exciting and fresh. Starting with a narrative, voiced by character Flynn Ryder (Chuck's Zachary Levi), as he gives an account as to how he's coming around to telling the story. Rapunzel, (Mandy Moore's first voice over role) is kidnapped as a baby by Mother Gothel (Broadway's Donna Murphy) to ensure that she lives forever youthful due to the magic within Rapunzel's astonishingly long blonde locks. As Rapunzel grows and learns more about the world from her tiny window, opportunity smashes into her life when Flynn Ryder shows up and is manipulated into taking her on her very first adventure outside; leading to learning how to listen to your guts as you make your way in a brave new world, breaking free from isolation, and in classic Disney fashion, finding true love along the way.
The character that Rapunzel garners throughout the movie has it's crowning moment when Rapunzel realizes that all the evil in the world she was so afraid of came from the hands of her mother figure. The emotion that the artists captured across her face as the horrifying realization hails back to the animation of the parents, who have no spoken lines throughout the movie, and the courage Rapunzel has when she goes to confront Mother Gothel is the triumphant moment we have all been longing for: standing up for herself against someone who was trusted and love yet who was damaging.
The growth from Flynn was a sweet addition to the film, showcasing that people, when given the chance, can be brave, make difficult choices, learn who to trust. The musical numbers throughout the film also portray the growth that all the characters have throughout the film.
Who doesn't want to wish for such a fun and exciting portrayal of the classic by Brothers Grimm?
March 3, 2017
Tangled's not Disney's better film, and it shows mistakes and some cliched situations, but its great animation and entertainning story-telling help it to be better and unforgettable.
March 3, 2017
Although Tangled music scenes are a bit annoying, not in the movie is not much to complain about. Tangled is also basic to Disney. With all the princesses, the bad guys, love stories and make jolly animal figures from controlling Grenon Nathan and Byron Howard's computer animation safe and familiar Disney movie. Tangled is mostly attracted a truly hilarious and fun in spite of the sad towards the end of the episode. Dumb but cheerful and exhilaration of a chameleon and a horse driven by the film well.
Tree computer animation is good, and in addition to a variety of landscapes for human animation is gone evidently well.
The plot is a magical, which exudes a cone full of the spirit of the traditional Disney fairy tale princess, but a little more lighthearted.
March 2, 2017
Much, much better than Frozen. It didn't need to be mentioned that it's "far from Disney's greatest film" while Frozen's consensus says it "adds another worthy entry to the Disney canon". Seriously? Have these critics even watched both movies or are they just going off what the publicity of the movies told them to think?
February 14, 2017
Tangled is really good, it's defenatly one of the better Disney movies, 8/10
February 12, 2017
Tangled revitalizes Disney's animated movies with a strong plot, lovable characters, and wonderful musical classics.
January 17, 2017
Favorite movie alongside Shrek and Finding Nemo! Tangled is very underrated and MUCH better than Frozen. Although the songs aren't as memorable as other Disney classics, I can watch it over and over and never gets old.
January 12, 2017
Great movie for kids and adults. Very funny. Felt kinda like older Disney movies with the singing and story content. I've seen this dozens of times with family and I still haven't got sick of it. That's a testament to how good it is.
January 6, 2017
Great movie! Very funny and the characters are adorable.
December 15, 2016
Underrated as hell. Beautiful animation, catchy songs, and a strong princess.
November 27, 2016
Seems infinitely more traditional than Frozen but is very lush and engaging with a very taut climax.