Tangled - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tangled Reviews

½ August 30, 2016
Superior to the much-hyped Frozen, Tangled is one of the better films in the Disney canon, and a very welcome return to form. A kind of spiritual successor to 1959's Sleeping Beauty, Tangled visually bridges the gap between 2D and 3D animation while also providing a strong, emotionally resonant storyline with memorable characters and a nicely unconventional villain. Funny, touching and spectacular (particularly in 3D), this is highly recommended.
½ August 29, 2016
After almost 20 years Disney's ambitious musical comes here. The movie "Tangled" besides the well made story of Rapunzel and the funny moments. Has sth everyone has tried to do. An excellent musical movie. I think is a very well Disney movie.
August 28, 2016
The music was great in this movie, as was the ending, and Chuck's performance really did it for me, but the battle in the climax was terribly contrived.
August 21, 2016
I enjoyed this more than Frozen. Much of that having to do with dialogue snappier and more original than, say, "finish each other's sandwiches". Zachary Levi is underutilized in Hollywood and I don't know why.
½ August 15, 2016
As the first CGI Disney princess film, Tangled is fantastic!
½ August 14, 2016
Tangled is a fun movie to enjoy thanks to it's great voice performances and animation.
½ August 13, 2016
Tangled is beautiful to look at, the colors pop out, the characters are great and the leads stole my heart with their chemistry and developments. The songs are also great, some catchier than others, overall, a great time and very rewatchable.
½ August 3, 2016
Out of all the Disney films I have seen over the years, Tangled is right up there in the top 5 favorite films. This film pulled me in very quickly because it had a very interesting plot line and story. The cast selected for Tangled was excellent because each voice fit the characters perfectly and each song was enjoyable to listen to. Alan Menken will go down as a Disney Music Legend for creating memorable songs! Each character was likeable including Rapunzel who was my favorite. I can watch this film over and over again and never become bored of it because it keeps you awake.
½ August 2, 2016
Filled with humour, superb animation and an interesting take on an old classic, while agreeably not being Disney's absolute best, it still ranks in recent times as a fine piece of filmography; another excellent animated feat from the notorious Disney/Pixar.
Verdict: A-
July 27, 2016
This is so much better than frozen. There aren't to many annoying songs it's well paced, funny, and has 10x the story of frozen it's just great. And Flynn Rider alone makes this worth a watch
July 21, 2016
The beneficiary of the internet's most gruelling debate, "Tangled vs Frozen", comes out on top easily as Disney's 21st century masterpiece. Entertaining, sweet and funny from start to finish, Tangled is impossible not to fall in love with. The revision of the tale of Rapunzel feels modern and never twee, despite the elements of the old story that are left in, and the Rapunzel character is full of life and personality. Zachary Levi's voicework as Flynn Rider also gets full marks here. Full marks full stop, I loved loved loved this movie.
July 17, 2016
Beautiful, pleasant, easy to digest, and mediocre.
July 14, 2016
Good animation, score, and voice acting!
July 10, 2016
It often tries too hard to be funny, also you won't like the easy way out they take, if you happen to be a... hairsplitter. Still it's visually beautiful and a nice tale for the whole family.
½ July 9, 2016
A towering return to form from Disney, Tangled is a hilarious and heartfelt romance, and it boasts quite possibly the most beautiful animation ever produced.
½ July 8, 2016
re-watched tangled and thought of posting a review. a very good disney movie indeed. a perfect mix of comedy and seriousness.
July 5, 2016
Difficult to quantify this one, it drags on a lot, especially in the first half, at nearly two hours this is way too long for a kids movie. My son was wriggling around frequently and I found myself drifting in and out. It has moments though where it's really funny and really beautiful and moving. The floating lanterns scene is probably one of the most impressive in a Disney film, my son was literally on his feet saying 'WOW!'. A mixed bag then.
June 29, 2016
Tangled is magical and sweet. Disney has done it again. This movie and plot is great. I would suggest this movie.
½ June 22, 2016
A film full of expensive and wonderful animation making some hair errors and lovely characters and environment, satisfying story plot, marvelous music score and songs that doesn't disappoint (and even gives joy to) moviegoers who love to watch high-class animated feature films .
½ June 19, 2016
Very good Disney film that proved me wrong in its creation