Tango Reviews

• Feb 28, 2009

very good film , with the humor of Lecond ....i think that Phillipe Noiret is perfect in his role ..."Doctors without frontiers , nurses without underwear.." a quote by Phillipe...

• Feb 26, 2009

What a great movie, the story is funny & original and the music fits it great

What a great movie, the story is funny & original and the music fits it great

• Nov 21, 2008

Quote "even when they're dead, women are a pain in the ass" unquote. A wonderfully misogynistic black comedy from the director of Mnsr Hire and The Hairdresser's Husband. Noiree is certainly France's Jack Nickolson. Great film.

• Nov 17, 2008

three differents ways to see the relationship betwen man and woman... great

three differents ways to see the relationship betwen man and woman... great

• Sep 17, 2008

watched this a 2nd time. brilliant. nasty but funny.

watched this a 2nd time. brilliant. nasty but funny.

• Sep 04, 2008

I'm a huge fan of Patrice Leconte's and enjoyed this one a lot, it's great to see some of his earlier films. www.screenfanatic.com/tango

• Sep 02, 2008

I saw it on France 3 television last week. This is a film with what one of my friends called a misogynist theme. It is a French film that deals with infidelity (tromperie) and the murder of an unfaithful wife. It is complicated by the introduction of the judge and his nephew who seek to have Vincent kill the nephew's wife who was openly unfaithful. Not to mention the fact that Vincent, himself, was fooling around. Double standard? Bien sûr! I think, however, that the nephew really loved his wife in spite of her extra-marital affair. There is some good Argentine tango music associated with this film, but the dancing was really bad -- almost comical -- perhaps a caricature of what tango dancing should be. The humor is fun, almost slap-stick.

• Feb 05, 2008

"mon grand pere disait souvent:"une bonne branlette vaut mieux qu un mauvais marriage" il joignait toujours le geste a la parole..."

• Jan 20, 2008

Really funny movie:D The plot was interesting, and made it original! It makes fun of people's double-morality, and how different feelings and appeals can work against each other.

• Dec 14, 2007