Tanta agua - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tanta agua Reviews

August 17, 2015
I usually love foreign film festival movies, and am usually very pleased with Film Movement's films. I felt as if this one fell very short unfortunately. The plot was lacking, and so it must be a character driven plot. But I felt the characters didn't learn or grow or change, causing the movie to sort of stagnate. It also seemed that it tried too hard to fit a genre, like using unnecessary long shots too often. Disappointing.
September 21, 2014
This film is set in Uruguay. This is not a good movie. There is very little to recommend it. Nominally, it is a coming-of-age story of a teenage girl. She goes on vacation with her divorced father and younger brother. It rains a lot. They are stuck in their cabin for long periods. The two kids find nominal friends to hang out with. The father appears to hang out with a female resort employee.

Some events occur. None of them are very interesting. The weather improves after a few days. Nothing much happens. Very little is said or examined. Then, the vacation period ends. And, with it the film ends. Et fini.

It was not a good trip to the flics.
June 27, 2014
Quiet little "slice of life" flick about the kids going on a trip to the beach with dear old divorced Dad, which is funny in it's gentle irony about the generation gap and summer vacations, and which are evidently pretty much the same wherever you live.
½ June 12, 2014
I wanted to like it, but very boring
September 28, 2013