Tap - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tap Reviews

½ December 8, 2015
A last hurrah for Sammy & his third floor friends. Several takes on tap dancing which makes this a must see for dance fans.
November 17, 2015
One of my all time favorite tap dancing movies!
½ April 18, 2015
A 5 star film until Sammy Davis Jr. does tap .......what a pleasure to watch talented dancers Tap.
January 8, 2011
What ya'll know about this classic!!! Was good to see it again and even better introducing it to my husband!
October 19, 2010
honestly, the dancing was far more entertaining than the storyline.
½ July 20, 2010
Gregory Hines and Sammy Davis Jr. - how can you go wrong?
½ April 12, 2010
Not much of a plot...but who watches this movie for the plot???
April 9, 2010
Im going to treat you the WAY you treated me in the LAST YEAR.
½ February 18, 2010
...I only saw it once... and it was during a time I REALLY wanted to tap...
Sammy Davis Jr. is in it too.
January 22, 2010
This is my favorite movie and I could watch it again and again!
December 15, 2009
the plot is a bit weak, but it's worth watching for the dancing. If you can find a copy.
May 3, 2009
This movie shows what a great talent Gregory Hines was. It also displays the beginning of the great and talented Savion.
March 19, 2009
I love this entire movie. Gregory Hines discovers the roots of tap dance. I had a dream of wanting to meet one of the hoofer's from the 3rd floor of this movie and later i had the experience!
December 24, 2008
Wonderful movie! Classic!
December 18, 2008
Dancing is good especially the part where he and Sammy have a dance-off in the old Hoofer's Club. Some great old timers appear here showing their stuff. Not much else here though.
June 1, 2008
Thin plot but who needs it? Sam Davis proves he still has the stuff; much credit goes to Gregory Hines for helping make it happen as well.
May 27, 2008
reformed con finds his love of tap, better then sounds.
½ May 7, 2008
I met Gregory Hines at the Shubert, and got to tap on his stage with him!
April 15, 2008
Gregory Hines was brilliant. :(
½ April 1, 2008
as far as the old dance movies go, this actually has a pretty decent story. the challenge is a piece of footage no hoofer should live without...it is PRICELESS. legend after legend struttin' his stuff, over 75 years and still better than almost anyone today