Tarantulas: The Deadly Cargo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tarantulas: The Deadly Cargo Reviews

½ March 27, 2015
Killer tarantulas, oranges, and wasp sound that freeze spiders. This movie is ridiculous. It's just to bad that it is also beyond boring.
July 11, 2014
140711: Had the opportunity; but passed.
November 20, 2012
"Tarantulas: The Deadly Cargo" is a critter feature that offers no scares and little thrills. While the acting and sets are good, the story moves too slowly and the spiders aren't used in any creative or inventive way. We always see the tarantulas simply crawling on the ground, which isn't frightening. Spiders are frightening because they can crawl on walls, hide inside little objects and appear at any moment; by using mostly static tarantulas (which are spiders that are easily recognizable and commonly known to be harmless) the scares simply don't happen. A long portion of the introduction is wasted on the setup where we meet characters that are simply killed off a few minutes later; precious time that could have been used to develop our main characters and make us care about them. Overall the film is dull and audiences won't be scared or excited to watch it and although there are a few jokes at its expense that can be made, even as a "so bad it's good" kind of film it's not terribly entertaining. (Dvd, November 16, 2012)
½ April 13, 2012
It was actually kinda cool once things got rolling
May 21, 2009
I own it, so I might as well see it once.
February 13, 2009
One of the better terrible movies of the seventies revolving around nature's revenge. Try not to sleep through it.
November 5, 2008
Boring movie about tarantulas accidently coming to a small town in Californa.
All the actors seemed bored and not really wanting to participate and I can understand them, because the movie was soooo boring.
There was barely ANY suspension at all, why would I care that some unnamed B-characters get killed by spiders they are too stupid too notice?
I hate to say it, but the spiders actually seemed kinda cute... it was just too obvious they weren't going to hurt the actors.
½ October 5, 2008
Zero fright factor, but surprisingly decent heckle value. It was easy to tell that this was a TV movie trying to cash in on the popular "nature's revenge" horror theme of the 70s.
½ January 4, 2008
Pretty standard spider movie that is surprisingly low on scares or gore, but is unintentionally funny at times.
December 7, 2007
Watched it when I was just a kid. It was very enjoyable, especially since the shark and snake movies were getting popular at the time.