Tarzan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tarzan Reviews

½ May 4, 2016
Tarzan is a Disney's adaptation of a true story packed with its typically stunning visuals, unforgettable songs, old fashioned melodrama - and the result is as moving as it is entertaining.
April 30, 2016
What a fun, fun Disney classic. Music never gets old, though Jane has never been a favorite of mine.
½ April 13, 2016
While not the best film from the Disney Renaissance era, it still remains an incredibly entertaining animated film, with a lot of heart.
April 12, 2016
An underrated masterpiece. Tarzan is a beautiful film that has everything that make Disney movies so great. (First viewing - Summer 1999 in theaters)
April 11, 2016
If you need a guidance on how to make an amazing animated movie, remember to watch this one at least a thousand times and you'll realize you will never get close enough.
½ April 8, 2016
who wouldnt like this film? free spirited and phil collins carries it with his music
½ March 28, 2016
Thanks to it's great animation, fantastic soundtrack, and memorable action scenes, Tarzan is one of Disney's best action films - and still manages to have tons of heart and emotion as well.
½ March 16, 2016
I really enjoyed this film when I was a kid. But looking back on it, it could have been way better. If it was up to me, I wouldn't have had the animals talk because it really isn't necessary. When Kala finds Tarzan, there is no dialogue and it could have been like that for the rest of the movie, until the humans show up. There is more mature (and sometimes more violent) content in this movie than the other Disney animated movies. They should have embraced that more and not fall under the ridiculous elements of other Disney movies. I still enjoy it for what it is and Phil Collins songs are truly amazing.
February 26, 2016
Disney has done a great job in making Tarzan. In my opinion it is alot better than frozen , it has a very good storyline with a great bunch of characters and the concept of a boy being raised by gorillas. it's just amazing!
And the death of Kerchak is one of the top heartbreaking scenes of disney movies , it is really touching and even now it makes the grown-ups cry like Mufasa's death.
½ February 13, 2016
2nd favorite film of the Disney Renaissance after Lion King.? Such a masterpiece, great soundtrack
February 5, 2016
The pinnacle of the Disney Renaissance - mature, beautifully animated, fantastic soundtrack, strong of heart. Tarzan encompasses everything Disney does right. And is destined to forever be its most underrated, precious gem.
January 28, 2016
I like the music. The Music is beautiful and you could like dance to this music I know I do. in this movie my favorite part is when Tarzan saves Jane from the baboons and is sliding down trees with Jane to get away from the baboons. I like the fight with Tarzan and the jaguar that was a intense fight. It is a funny movie
January 21, 2016
I never liked the story, or really any adaptation, and that includes this movie. It certainly wasn't bad, but it was too cliche, too cutesy at times, too Disney, not funny, nor a classic. However the animation was decent and Phil Collins wrote a couple great songs. And I'll admit there are times when the story kind of sucks me in.
½ January 9, 2016
Beautifully done animation! Great storytelling! & genius music!
January 6, 2016
Haven't watched this movie since I was a kid. I forgot how really good it was. I put it on just for background noise while I was doing other stuff and couldn't stop watching it.
January 6, 2016
One of my favorite Disney films of all time.
½ December 26, 2015
Doesn't follow the book at all. Wonder why they even called it Tarzan. 1 and half stars for the music though.
December 14, 2015
One of the best animated movies to date. Probably one of my favorites of all time. Tarzan boasts a beautiful jungle, emotional story, and a well paced movie.
December 2, 2015
Tarzan is one of the last few 2-d animated films from Disney. Watching it makes me wish there were more of them today in our CGI saturated movies.