Tarzan Triumphs Reviews

• Jun 02, 2018

Tarzan vs. Nazis! Johnny Weissmuller is back as Tarzan, although no longer at MGM and instead produced at a more modest of budget at RKO, this time has the Lord of the Jungle fighting Nazis with the help of Frances Gifford, the princess of a lost city that's been invaded by Nazi paratroopers. This is more of a silly Hollywood WWII propaganda film than a genuine Tarzan story. Still, seeing Tarzan so out of place with this story is pretty entertaining both as a so-bad-it's-good type fo film due to the gonzo idea of Tarzan fighting Nazis, but also still kind of works as a straight adventure film. Overall, it's ridiculous, but it's also entertaining. Look for Sig Ruman as a Nazi, who'd later be better known as Sgt. Johann Sebastian Schulz on "Hogan's Heroes." FUN FACT! MGM would not let RKO use their iconic recording of Tarzan's jungle yell and RKO has to make their own new knockoff "Tarzan Yell."

• Bruce B Super Reviewer
    Mar 13, 2012

This film is from the Tarzan Collection and its good to see that the Tarzan movies are finally being put on DVD. These are the movies I grew up with and its really neat to see all the things I missed when I was a kid watching these exciting adventures. In this one Tarzan helps a native women named Zandra. Jane is back in England. Zandra's people are being held captive by the Nazi's. Pure Nazi hate through out the film something we wouldn't see in today's movies it just would be political correct. Tarzan fights the Nazi's single handed, no alligator fighting or lion fighting in this one. Cheetah has a large part. Thank you film makers for all the years you brought Tarzan a role model of the sixties too the screen, unlike 2012 where the role models are gangsters. 4 stars

• Jun 14, 2011

I Grew up watching the Tarzan Movies, they were a Favorite of my Fathers, & soon became mine.Johnny Weissmuller had been an Olympic Swimmer, & was quite impressive to look at,sexy stuff for a Young Girl. His lines were simple.Cheeta the Chimpanzee was part of the reason I loved these Movies. Tarzan was equal parts Alpha Male & Innocence.Each Story was so good.I'd love to see them played on one of the Networks again

• Jun 05, 2011

Cheeta kills Nazis with a machine gun!

Cheeta kills Nazis with a machine gun!

• Sep 18, 2010

When German paratroopers enslave the population of the hidden city of Palandria it falls to Tarzan to rid his escarpment of the Nazi menace. Once the Nazis kidnap Boy Tarzan tracks them down and kills them all, some quite cold bloodedly - the child slapping colonel is lured to his death in a lion pit! A bizarre conclusion involves Cheetah on the radio to a General in Berlin who mistakes him for the Fuhrer.... Maureen O'Sullivan is noticeably missing from this film, Janes is reportedly in London visiting her sick mother, but Frances Gifford steps in as the princess of Palandria.

• Dec 20, 2009

When will the Nazis realise that you can't defeat the lord of the jungle!! Great stuff.

• Jan 01, 2009

Ah..... an exotic (and white) peaceful village, a beautiful woman, stock footage of animals, and Nazis. Who could ask for more?

• Nov 16, 2008

Tarzan fights the Nazis in this 7th outing, and I loved it. I guess the studio decided they could justify the excessive violence as long as it was perpetrated against the Nazis. I mean, even Boy and Cheetah the Chimp are wielding guns and shooting Germans. I was surprised to see a Nazi strike Boy in the face, and I loved the way Tarzan taunted the Nazi leader at the end, poking out from behind trees all around him and simply saying, "Nazi" in a condescending manner. It's definitely a war-time propaganda film, and that makes it all the more entertaining for me. The ending, where Nazis are listening to the chimpanzee over the radio, says it all: the Nazis mistake Cheetah's monkey howling for someone else, stand up and salute their fuhrer. I didn't miss Maureen O'Sullivan as Jane in this movie. I think she'd run her course, and it's refreshing to have Tarzan and Boy on their own. It's also interesting to see Johnny Sheffield grow up on camera. Even without the wartime subject matter, this chapter in the Tarzan series is better-paced and better-executed than most others. It escalates nicely, and has a good balance of action and humor. I think it's my favorite so far.

• May 30, 2008

• Apr 17, 2008

I can`t believe an Austrian directed this piece of junk. And more unbelievable it is that is dubbed and released in German after the war. The ultimate humiliation for Germany. Completly unrealistic c`mon the Nazis in the jungle to enslave Pandrians. Who have a great simularity with what the jews think they are: A people of great knowledge who just want to be alone. Well the Pandrians actually lived isolated in an undiscovered part of the jungle. You can`t say that about the jews. The funny part in real life the Nazis treated the exotic people many more respect than the Anglo-Americans.