Tatt av Kvinnen (Gone with the Woman) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tatt av Kvinnen (Gone with the Woman) Reviews

September 30, 2008
This film captures the mood of Erlend Loe's first novel pretty accurately and catches some of the visuality of Loe as well. But that's pretty much everything. Made be smile few times, actors are fine, but as this is just as predictable as the book, it gets just boring in the end.

I also have to mention that I fell in love with Louise Monot and the fact that there is nothing hotter in this planet than a gorgeous girl speaking good english with a french accent. Or well, she made "torsk" sound sexy too...
September 30, 2008
This was a really funny movie. Loved it. Was surprised to see the guy from Prison Break though. Didn't know he was swedish.
½ September 21, 2008
I loved Trond in the Bothersome Man and he certainly didn't disappoint here either. All in all, a lovely little romantic comedy ... quirky and irreverent in a way that only Europeans can manage.
September 21, 2008
Pretty enjoyable film based on Erlend Loe's book which I haven't read, which in the end was a bit more normal than I expected. Aurvaag makes a nice performance about your common average man whose life seems to get a bit complicated after a woman enters it. I guess it aims to show the possible downsides a relationship can have, with the other taking complete control over it and leaving no space for the other. Then again, the film shows this in an exaggerating way so it's all fun and laughs from start to end.
September 20, 2008
Based on the wellknown Norwegian writer Erlend Loes novel. We meet our nameless main character (Trond Fausa Aurvaag) when a woman named Marianne (Marian Saastad Ottesen) starts to come more and more often to his apartment and suddenly moves in. He feels helpless and Marianne starts to take over his life. She celebrates silence, but speaks all the time and listens rarely. Eventually he starts to go to the local swimming pool to get away from her and there he meets Glenn (Peter Stormare), who tries to advice him what he should do with Marianne. Still, he decides to fall head over heels in love with Marianne and it works. For a while.

He suddenly loses his job and Marianne decides that they should go on a train trip. They end up in Paris, which he likes and she dislikes, and when their relation is in limbo in France he bumps into a sweet and beautiful french girl named Mirlinda (Louise Monot). He is very fascinated by Mirlinda, but still decides to go back to Oslo.

He finds himself with Marianne again and everything seems good. Then Marianne gets a job as a teacher out on an island. She moves and they see eachother often until she suddenly finds a new guy named Tor. He feels betrayed and tries to get back at her. Eventually she is out of his life, and everything seems good, He decides to study french and plans to go back to Mirlinda in France. And of course Marianne emerges yet again. But, this time he has had enough. She and her bloody commode has to go!

A train trip later he is back in France......

Been a while since I red the book, but I reckon they have manage to catch the feeling of the book in general. It is funny, tragic and sometimes frustrating to see how a person can just squeeze themselves into someones life and take over it. "Tatt av Kvinnen" shows as well the shitty parts of a relation and puts one or two questions out there. I really enjoyed watching "Tatt av Kvinnen". Norway is amongst my favourite countries anyways. And who would not fall for Mirlinda (Louise Monot)........
September 18, 2008
It was nice right in the middle, and nice ending. Thank GOD for that.
½ August 25, 2008
Award-winning flick from Norway. Not the best romantic comedy I've ever seen, but definitely one of the most original....Sometimes funny, sometimes bitter, and surprisingly accurate....It's nice to see a romantic comedy that is not 100% optimistic.
½ August 19, 2008
Søt film basert på en god bok. Suveren regi og fargevalg!!
August 15, 2008
Som mann gjorde vondt å se på en annen mann oppføre seg som en sånn dott... Sånn passe underholdende, men litt for typisk norsk film
August 13, 2008
Lite mysko romantisk norsk film....fast norska språket är väl inte det mest romantiska......
August 9, 2008
very nice Norwegian film, colorful and optimistic... liked it
½ July 21, 2008
If you ever have been in a relationship, are in a relationship, or you just hope that one day you will be in a relationship; well, then you must see this movie!
½ July 16, 2008
En av beste norske filmene jeg har sett.
Boka er bedre, men i alle fall man kan finne både underholdning, følelser og et godt kulturprodukt her. Filmen forteller og viser mye av det norske samfunnet og man kan identifisere seg med noe egenskap av karakterne. Særlig med hovedrollen, selv om vi ikke innrømmer det plutselig. Man bør se egentlig på den. Virkelig
June 8, 2008
Film d'amour made in norway. Adaptation du livre éponyme. Etrange aventure mais ésthétiquement soignée.
Quelques clins d'oeil à Amelie Poulain.
May 26, 2008
Norwegian humor at its very best
½ May 18, 2008
Lite eller ingenting som funker når "Tatt av kvinnen" skal overføres til film. Den loeske dialogen faller pladask når den havner i munnen på levnde skuespillere, og de lett absurde situasjonene som funker i boka funker slettes ikke på film. Heldigvis for filmen er det ingen norske anmeldere som tør å si imot en film fra så anerkjente skuespillere/regissører.
½ May 5, 2008
På mange måter en veldig sær film (har ikke lest boka), men den skaper sitt eget univers som man etter en stund tror veldig på også! Trond Fausa Aurvaag er perfekt i rommen som Han, og det skader ikke å ha mange dyktige birollenavn rundt seg heller. Foto og klipp er for øvrig svært godt, og filmen virker veldig gjennomført i stilen. Man ler her og der, samtidig som man blir mer og mer oppgitt over hvor patetisk denne figuren faktisk er. En svært original film i seg selv, og en god norsk bris som sådan. Petter Næss er en dyktig regissør. Bør sees!
May 5, 2008
One of my all time favourites and a great introduction to Norwegian film. The classic line is "I want to lock you up in my basement and make sweet love to you"
½ May 4, 2008
People communicating badly or not at all. A few laughs here and there, but overall a letdown.
May 1, 2008
Spesiell film. Men en bra film som handler om en manns kjærlighets liv.
Anbefalles å ses, av både menn og kvinner :D