Tattoo Connection (1978)

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Tattoo Connection Videos

Tattoo Connection Photos

Movie Info

Lee Tso Nam directs Jim Kelly in the martial arts action film Black Belt Jones 2: The Tattoo Connection. When a precious gem is stolen, the CIA assigns their fearless agent Lucas (Kelly) to get it back. He gets some help from one of the bad guys who begins to have a change of heart. Together they take on the evil leader Luk Sam-Kwong.
Action & Adventure , Art House & International , Drama
Directed By:

Show More Cast

Critic Reviews for Tattoo Connection

There are no critic reviews yet for Tattoo Connection. Keep checking Rotten Tomatoes for updates!

Audience Reviews for Tattoo Connection

The only other film featuring Jim Kelly I've seen is the much more famous martial arts classic Enter The Dragon. However, I sure had a lot of fun watching The Tattoo Connection. Nearly everything about this film is poorly made: the story is convoluted and confusing (Complete with random subplots that go nowhere), there's hilariously awful dubbing for all the Asian characters (There are no more than 3 voice actors doing the dubbing, tops. And the dubbers have a British accent, adding to the hilarity), the acting altogether is quite campy, the sets are cheap and tacky, and the film positively oozes with 70's cheesy goodness. The one thing this film does well, however, are the fight scenes which are well choreographed and quite entertaining to watch (I also love how every punch/hand strike and kick makes a sound, even if they don't hit the opponent). Overall, The Tattoo Connection is pure 70's trashy goodness that is a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

Keenan Sullivan
Keenan Sullivan

The black guy is here! A diamond has been stolen and an insurance agency sends two detectives in to recover the diamond and uncover who the thieves are and the motive for the theft. The detectives find a corrupt group of men, that may be into more than just diamonds, who may be responsible for the thievery. Can the detectives bring the gang down in their home country? "Your Chinese legs aren't bad." "Well, thank you. How do my feet taste?" Tso Nam Lee, director of Kung Fu Wonder Child, Killing in the Nude, Woman Avenger, The Invincible Kung Fu Legs, Challenge of Death, and Fist of Fury in China, delivers The Tattoo Connection. The storyline for this picture is entertaining and well delivered for the genre. The characters are well presented and the action is better than average. The cast is solid and includes Jim Kelly and Bolo. "It is a dirty world, but you are much dirtier." This movie was part of a Martial Arts Masters box set my father gave me for Christmas a couple years ago. There have been movies in this series that surpassed my expectations and this was one of them. The script was hilarious and the characters were well presented. This is definitely worth watching if you are a fan of the martial arts genre. "It is about time to introduce us to the ladies." Grade: C+

Kevin Robbins
Kevin Robbins

I give this film a seven because it's just so much fun to watch. The acting is truly diabolical but Jim Kelly is just the coolest martial artist to ever hit the screen. The dubbing, editing and plot are really bad and the story at points doesn't even make sense. "Well then, how could you think it's worth seven precious stars?" I hear you ask. It worth seven because it's really, really funny, full stop. For instance, there is a scene where where the evil boss rips off a womans (who happens to be about three mens girlfriend!?) dress. The camera then zooms in to a closeup of her breasts and then the boss' face and then the breasts and then the eyes, the breasts, the eyes and then he throws her to the bed and gets it on and then we see... a formula 1 racecar... If you like martial arts flicks then get this film have a couple of glasses of your favourite booze and settle down with this movie. It's like a spoof of martial arts movies of the time and some of Jim Kelly's move are pretty good. It's actually way before it's time. Pure comedy gold.

Cassandra Maples
Cassandra Maples

Tattoo Connection Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss Tattoo Connection on our Movie forum!

News & Features