Teacher of the Year Reviews

• Nov 26, 2018

Reminds me of Best In Show - funny, quick and goes full circle with the development of the different characters. If you lack a sense of humor, you may find it here or you just don't have one.

• Nov 19, 2018

I felt in sleep watching in… BORING

I felt in sleep watching in… BORING

• Mar 04, 2018

A good mock-umentary with a mix of good and not so good acting. Heartwarming and complicated. Just to be clear, Keegan-Michael Key DOES NOT star in this movie: he has a supporting role. The actual lead does a great job.

• Jun 17, 2017

Created a RT account just to give this 1 star.

Created a RT account just to give this 1 star.

• Brendan N Super Reviewer
    May 05, 2017

This film came as an interesting find on Netflix. The documentary style was great and the concept kept the pacing and comedy right in check. It is very much in the Christopher Guest style of filmmaking and you never know what the next crazy is going to be. Keegan is central to the marketing but is only a supporting player and that is a bit misleading. I think most of the negative comments are based on the inconsistent beats and storyline, but I found it very funny and brilliant at times. 05/05/2017.

• Mar 06, 2017

I'm a big fan of Keegan-Michael Key but he plays a small role in the film and isn't around much. The rest of the movie lacks drive and lost my attention.

• Aug 07, 2016

mediocre. was funny at the beginning and then sort of died down

mediocre. was funny at the beginning and then sort of died down

• May 12, 2016

This mockumentary starts strong enough, but eventually the preachy and unnecessary drama gets in the way of the jokes. The emotions are so bipolar, it's like they tried to shove an entire season of a TV show into 90 minutes. And don't be fooled by the poster: Keegan-Michael Key is barely in it.

• Jan 14, 2016

Mildly funny and touching. That's all.

Mildly funny and touching. That's all.

• Oct 30, 2015

The story and humor work well, but are somewhat minimal which will keep this from being a classic. B