Team America: World Police - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Team America: World Police Reviews

½ September 16, 2017
One of the best comedies of the 2000s. The puppets throwing up, having graphic sex, and going through training montages are incredibly funny. The cinematic Kim Jong Il is one of the great comedic movie creations to come along. I'd really like to see the Dear Leader again, so I can get one more performance of "I'm So Ronrey".
August 16, 2017
Pretty profane and crass, but it is also pretty damn funny.
August 15, 2017
the amount of dolphin noises the theatre was making when this came out was out of hand.
½ August 14, 2017
Offensive but in the right amount, this is one very funny film and one of a kind as well!
July 30, 2017
Perfect satire of American geopolitics. Trey Parker and Matt Stone take a shot at everyone, from aggressive, nationalistic fueled American interventionism on the right to the pseudo-intellectual left and glorification of celebrity culture. Extremely smart and still biting in 2017 in its contempt for American exceptionalism...and funny as hell!
July 20, 2017
Great funny movie starring trey Parker and the other guy that creating south park. I really liked how they approached this movie, and the puppet dolls are super funny, I loved the voices as always because their pretty much the same voices from South park. I hope that their is a second installment but if not then I'll still be happy with this movie.
July 5, 2017
'TEAM America: WORLD POLICE' was directed by and stars Trey Parker, but also stars Matt Stone and Kristen Miller.?When North Korean ruler Kim Jong-il (Trey Parker) orchestrates a global terrorist plot, it's up to the heavily armed marionettes of the highly specialised Team America unit to stop his dastardly scheme. The group, which includes the thespian-averse technology expert Chris (Matt Stone), not only has to face off against Jong-il, but they must also contend with F.A.G., the Film Actors Guild, a cadre of Hollywood liberals at odds with Team America's "policing the world" tactics.

If Matt and Trey know how to do one thing, it's make genius satire. And that is exactly what this movie is. I've already given the title of my favourite satire ever to 'South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut' but this movie definitely comes close. I recommend you watch the opening sequence of this movie. Like what you see? Carry on, treat yourself. If not then you won't like the rest of the film. I don't know what more I can say about the movie. Go try and see it. You might enjoy yourself.

That said, I may as well comment on the various other aspects of it. The story for this movie is pure brilliance. I cannot flaw the spectacular satire at all and it is truly remarkable. Every line of dialogue is taking the mick and the movie relishes in that. It knows exactly what it is and takes it in full stride. If you want to watch this movie for a pure, unfiltered raunchy laugh - you'll get what you payed for. If you wanna analyse the nitty-gritty and discover hidden meaning - you'll get what you payed for. The script is so open and so brilliant that I cannot congratulate Parker and Stone any more for their spectacular ability to write.

Each character in this movie is memorable. That is yet another strength of the dynamic duo. They all have distinguished personalities that also fall into the American stereotype. It's brilliant! The villains represent everything America hates and that is also genius. Nothing in this movie is wasted, it all means something and that is the reason it deserved all the acclaim it gets.

People complain about the animation style but I love it. It's fun, it's goofy and they precautions in creating immersion but that is what makes it great. I've used the word brilliant a lot already but I don't think I'm being too kind. Parker and Stone know exactly how to use animation for comedy and they perfected it again here.

This movie is funny, it's got great satire, it's interesting, the character's are great, the animation style is unique - it's great. Please, watch at least the first 10 minutes. If you laugh or smile even once, finish the film. If not, don't finish it. Chances are that you'll hate it and then go onto complain about it. I recommend this movie, and will rate it a patriotic 8 MERICAS out of 10.

Side Note - I watched this movie on the 4th of July by complete accident. This is the perfect example of the stars aligning to bring joy to the world.
½ June 27, 2017
Offensive and edgy but in the most objectively funny way. Inappropriate, but hilarious for a 17 year old like myself.
June 26, 2017
Absolute classic movie. Never fails to have me in hysterics. What a prediction makers had with the Film Actors Guild. Miley would be their star now. They still won't shut up though. All in all one of a kind. Would take some big balls this day in age to make a sequel. Freedom isn't free .....
June 12, 2017
As relevant today as it was 12 years ago.
June 11, 2017
Hilarious. Perfect satire.
April 14, 2017
Crazy, strange, disturbing, but unforgettable. I am not sure that is a ringing endorsement though.
February 21, 2017
Grade - B-
'Team America' succeeds with a funny script and equally funny characters. It may not be perfect, but it's got enough laughs to make it worth your time.
January 4, 2017
This movie....FUCK YA. Soo funny. LoL...the songs are hilarious, the acting, the puppets. This might be the funniest movie I've ever seen. "See, there's three kinds of people: dicks, pussies, and assholes. Pussies think everyone can get along, and dicks just want to fuck all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your assholes, Chuck. And all the assholes want is to shit all over everything! So, pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes. And if they didn't fuck the assholes, you know what you'd get? You'd get your dick and your pussy all covered in SHIT!"
December 30, 2016
It looks so dumb. Even went in not wanting to like it, but it turned out be surprisingly very funny and poignant. Trey Parker and Matt Stone seem to have a unique gift. I can't describe it otherwise.
December 27, 2016
Full of laughs including the most hilarious speech you'll ever hear in your entire life and bolstered by some impressive action sequences, Team America: World Police, while perhaps a bit too offensive for its own good, shows that not even marionettes are immune to the R-rated treatment.
December 23, 2016
Team America: World Police is a another great smash hit by the South Park duo. It is a movie that you would know was made by Trey Parker and Matt Stone without even knowing before watching it. It is a raunchy, funny, and sometimes disgusting movie that will make you easily offended and make you burst into tears of laughter. The best part about it is that it is made with puppets which it feels like watching a movie with real actors. It is awesome and a great movie to watch if you want some great laughs.
November 21, 2016
Designed seemingly to piss as many people off as possible, but still being really funny. It may not have aged too well over the course of the last decade, but it must be said plenty of it still remains relevant. From the over militarized view of American foreign affairs, to the fact of a blind protesting and hypocritical Hollywood types. And yet throughout it all, it still has laughs, maybe not laughing all the time, but still laughing and it makes you think. Not right away, but it will stay with you, and that maybe the most important part of all.
½ November 16, 2016
Quite awful. Grade-A garbage from the south park boys.