Team America: World Police - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Team America: World Police Reviews

October 22, 2016
Team America: World Police is a another great smash hit by the South Park duo. It is a movie that you would know was made by Trey Parker and Matt Stone without even knowing before watching it. It is a raunchy, funny, and sometimes disgusting movie that will make you easily offended and make you burst into tears of laughter. The best part about it is that it is made with puppets which it feels like watching a movie with real actors. It is awesome and a great movie to watch if you want some great laughs.
August 4, 2016
Durk Durk Durka. Durka Durka Sherpa Sherpa. Durka Jihad Durka Durka.
½ July 28, 2016
Great send up of American international diplomacy and actors who become political activists with Thunderbirds-inspired puppets. Has unforgettable puppet sex scene and did love the scene where Gary proves his commitment to the team. Watch the unrated version. Film's message still very relevant today and bang on in so many areas.
½ July 22, 2016
Team America: World Police is about as offensive, raunchy, crude, and politically incorrect as a film (an animated one starring puppets, no less) can get. The film features brown-face, puppets having sex in all of the positions, bloody puppet disembowelment, extended scenes of projectile vomiting, and two motivational speeches about "dicks, pussies, and assholes". It's a film that many would loathe. And it's absolutely awesome.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone have completely mastered this kind of satire. This go around, the South Park creating duo tackle big budget action blockbuster movies and right-wing politics and foreign policy (with heavy emphasis on the W. Bush campaign), and it's just as humorous as you'd expect. Characters bicker about their love triangles amidst giant action setpieces, casually blow up landmarks, and even engage in musical numbers. The puppetry lends to a lot of humor on its own, as the characters are awkwardly paraded around their locations in the silliest way possible; the scenes where two characters have to fight are even better. Some of the jokes start to wear thin and ride the line of juvenility: as funny as the celebrity cameos are (MATT DAMON!), the Film Actors Guild joke (think about it) isn't quite as funny as it should be. For the most part though, all of these jokes work well, and are likely to get audible laughter out of its target demographic.

It's a dumb film in the best way possible. If you're looking for raunchy satire and lots of laughs, look no further. Parker and Stone have delivered yet again.
½ July 10, 2016
3.5/5. While uneven, Team America is probably the most American movie ever made. It's both memorable and hilarious.
July 3, 2016
"Team America: World Police" is a brilliant satire of patriotism, action movies, and Hollywood that is truly original with its marionette characters and settings. They can get away with a lot of blood and gags with this format and the movie really wouldn't be as funny or special without it. The characters are hilarious, and the jokes on celebrities were great. This film crossed the line more then a few times and it benefits from doing so. This film can only come from the mind of Trey Parker and Matt Stone and it's a must-see for fans of their style of comedy.
½ June 30, 2016
With "Team America: World Police," Parker and Stone are at their most cynical and irresolute. At least, when they fail to bring politics into "South Park" in a meaningful, non- fence-riding manner, the show is bolstered by wit and successfully-offensive humor. I didn't laugh once during "Team America," nor did I feel offended. I felt like I wasted an hour-and-a-half of my life on a well-executed, yet mind-numbingly stupid, immature, potty-mouthed puppet show. "Pearl Harbor" may have sucked, but this movie sucked too. And, I would rather be covered in shit than watch it again.
June 27, 2016
I really wasn't a fan when I first watched this in '04-'05 but watching it again now helped me find its brilliance. Thank you Netflix and thank you too South Park guys.
June 26, 2016
Everybody sing it along with me! America...F-CK YEAH! Team America is here to save the motherF-CKIN' dayeah!
June 14, 2016
was this supposed to be funny?
June 13, 2016
It's hilarious! I love South Park and this movie reminds me of the show every time I watch it.
June 1, 2016
Just amazing and amazingly profane. The artistry and skill of the puppeteers deserves special mention, as does the fact that half the people who love this movie completely miss the point.
½ May 6, 2016
Not quite as funny as I remember it being
½ March 28, 2016
Vicious in it's satire and unique in it's presentation, Team America: World Police is a fantastic use of puppetry - and it's also probably one of the funniest movies ever made.
March 27, 2016
Had its moments but made me wanting South Park
½ March 20, 2016
The only Parker / Stone movie that I've actually liked. This is hilarious and the idea to use puppets was a stroke of genius as some of the funniest moments are involving the limitations of using puppets.
February 19, 2016
As far as puppet spoofs go, this is the best. Parker and Stone once again give an entirely unique comedy, satirizing both politics and children's puppet themed tv shows. While this won't be my favorite film, as a movie lover I can't help but greatly admire what Parker and Stone so uniquely create.
February 18, 2016
so so so hilariously funny and such a great film.
½ February 7, 2016
February 2, 2016
Saw this on 1/2/16
Rather than focusing it's satire of America's foreign policies (like how it's title suggests), the film is too busy trying to riddicule Hollywood styles of excessive violence. However, there are quite a lot of great jokes, most of which are purely sexual. However, you would also have to bear with a lot of bad jokes here and there. It would have been terrific had the film tried a bit more to ridicule the American politics than trying to give too much focus on criticizing Hollywood cliches.