Ted - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ted Reviews

½ September 5, 2016
One of the funniest comedies in years
½ August 31, 2016
Nice buddy comedy, it's hilariously funny and has heart
August 25, 2016
One of my favorite comedies - Ted is a great film about living your life and doing things without being judged.. that's what I got out of it! Seth MacFarlane ' s best film!
½ August 13, 2016
Funny, but got dragged on a bit. Obviously something just for the laughs. Watch it if you want to have fun.
½ August 10, 2016
Ted is the directorial and writing debut of Seth MacFarlane, and it stars Mark Wahlberg, Seth MacFarlane, and Mila Kunis in a comedy film about John Bennett (Mark Wahlberg) whose wish came true of his teddy bear coming to life, and decades later, he's with the life of his life, but he's also living with a talking teddy bear, and that is a problem for their relationship. When I've seen this for the first time, I didn't watch any of the TV shows by Seth MacFarlane, I only saw him in Hellboy 2, and I thought he was hilarious in that as he is in this film when I first saw it. But now that I've seen the sequel and reviewed it, I think it's time for me to come back to this hilarious film once again. Mark Wahlberg and Seth MacFarlane have terrific chemistry that I was convinced they they are best friends, and they a lot of great laughs in this. I also like the chemistry between Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis as they also brought some laughs and are an adorable couple. The jokes were all solid, even the ones that were like the "Family Guy" moments as the characters in this are very likable. When Giovanni Ribisi was in this, he acts very weird, but he gives a laugh, which is more then I can say for the sequel where he was very creepy in an awkward way that doesn't give me a laugh. The only small problem that I have with, is that some plot moments are predictable because the plot is your typical raunchy comedy. With that said, Ted is a really great film that shows why something like this works, and maybe Seth MacFarlane should stick with films.
½ August 10, 2016
I'm a huge fan of Family Guy and Seth Macfarlene. That being said, I loved this movie. It took the idea of a toy coming to life and spun it in a direction never seen before. While the plot seems like it could've been a bit better and less sporadic, the humor makes up for it. Mila Kunis and Mark Wahlberg are great.
August 5, 2016
A very funny comedy with a very obscene humor, which curiously doesn't come out offensive from a teddy bear's mouth, but it is also surprisingly warm and sincere, showing Ted as a complex character and making him totally believable with a flawless animation job.
August 2, 2016
Ted is definitely a decent comedy and one that I enjoy watching very much. I like the cast in Ted such as Mark Wahlberg one of my favourite and Mila Kunis who voices Meg Griffin in Family Guy also a favourite of mine. Seth MacFarlane directs Ted and for his first film that he directed I think he did a pretty good job. He chose his cast well for Ted and I like the fact that he is the voice of Ted himself. Some sad moments in Ted which actually got me a little emotional. I think Ted is definitely a good comedy and a good film however I am going no further than 4 stars with Ted as I found some of the jokes went a little far at times. Other than the fact that the jokes went a little far sometimes I enjoy Ted I think it is a good film and 4 stars is still a decent score and I think it is the right score. Good comedy.
July 31, 2016
Beyond funny! Not every movie needs a deeper meaning. If you want to laugh, this is the right movie to watch!
jamrcla
½ July 30, 2016
A really funny smart comedy that fires jokes from everywere they can, Allot of Family Guy humour so if you're a fan you will enjoy it more, A must watch film, My favorite comedy of the year.
July 25, 2016
Funny, Hilarious, Rude but fun to watch,
People say This movie is funnier than Paul, I have to disagree because nobody can beat simon pegg and nick frost, The alien is just the man.

Score: 7/10
July 22, 2016
It's hard to find good things to say about this unfunny, revolting piece of shit. I suppose, if I had to credit something, it would be the performance given by Mark Wahlberg, and the fact that I laughed once. And it wasn't even a laugh really - more of a smirk.
July 19, 2016
6.7 on 10

You know the rule, hand down, man down.
Wicked recommend.
July 15, 2016
Ted the story about a man and his teddy bear. What is most impressive about Ted is the interactions between Ted and Mark Wahlberg because it seems so genuine even though its just a cgi bear. Ted is very funny, but Seth Macfarlane isn't for everyone.
July 15, 2016
I love Ted he's hilarious and very full of exhilaration
½ July 14, 2016
Ted has it's funny moments but overall I felt underwhelmed. Maybe as a family guy viewer I was used to this sort of humour whilst other viewers weren't who went on and on about how great a film this is. The plot is very cliched and you can tell where it's going, however some of the gags are very unexpected and will make you laugh.
July 12, 2016
The best comedy of the year! Seth MacFarlane is a genius.
July 12, 2016
At one scene during this movie, I was saying "wtf am I watching?" But the ending was really good and the movie was very funny. The only reason I rated this 4 stars instead of 3.5 is because of the last words in the film. "And Robert went on and is now Taylor Lautner" ??????
July 4, 2016
Watchable if you're into the Macfarlane Family Guy humor
June 27, 2016
One of the most stupidest movies I have ever seen! Come on! Seriously? A stupid talking bear, that Mark's character can't get away from. How dumb! There is NOTHING intelligent about this movie what-so-ever! The majority of these "jokes" are rather offensive and rude! I can't understand how people think this movie is funny. I can't rate it low enough and I want my 2 hours back, that I spent watching such a ridiculous movie! I could have watched paint peel instead and had more fun!