Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Reviews

½ March 28, 2017
It isn't even close to being as good as what is being done with these characters on tv right now.
½ March 23, 2017
This was an abomination with a couple of funny moments. The CGI looks like it was from 2002 and the movie was so bad in general, that Megan Fox (even though she wasn't dressed skimpy) was decent in it. The voices for the turtles and Splinter were absolutely terrible. No plot. And for a movie that was nothing more than an action movie, the action was poorly planned and visually limp. If you have to see it, see it on DVD.
March 23, 2017
They started from the beginning with the original story line.... Master Splinter ? was serving you tail realness he totally kicked aas, shredder was a BIG problem & Of course the turtles ? were silly lol. Can't wait for Pt. II
½ March 15, 2017
Entertaining, but feels short. They did fight Shredder so that alone makes it better than the original 2 Turtles movies. Megan Fox must have taken an acting class.
½ March 6, 2017
Don't waste your time
½ March 4, 2017
Turtles looked great, story was fine for a first turtles movie, graphics were great, comedy from Mikey was spot on ... one thing and one thing only let this film down from being a full on nostalgia fest - Shredder. What in the blue hell was that?! Terrible.
March 4, 2017
Growing up, this was one of my favourite cartoons, aptly so because Leonardo was the leader of the gang! Several years later, and there will always be a soft spot for these amphibians, but the immature humour has lost its appeal a tad. "Kowabunga" just no longer seems a cool thing to say, and Michaelangelo just comes across as stupid and annoying, as opposed to a lovable hero. I guess it's just a case of me growing up, and the turtles target market remaining the same. You can appreciate how this movie would have entertainment value to the right viewer, but its definitely not an intellectually challenging production. I guess it could be compared to a James Bond movie for 8 year olds, with lovable rogues, a megalomaniac baddie, and his assistant, and not forgetting the pin up girl, that is provided by way of Megan Fox on this occasion. The back story takes us to 'How it all Began' (which coincidentally is the name of the first turtle video I ever bought as a kid). We learn how the turtles and their master Splinter were created before watching them battle the evil Shredder - not to be mistaken for a disposer of confidential papers, but an armoured ninja with terrorist like behaviours. It's the usual over dramatic scenario of battling to save the world, but it's a good bundle of green fun. If anything i'd say this movie is less about the ninja turtles, and more about April and her family history. I'm unsure if that's a wise move as that risks failing to appeal to kids, but still being too childish to get the adult vote too. I'm no longer going to go out my way to watch these episodes anymore, but admittedly there will always be a piece of my heart going out to these heroes in half shells.
½ February 26, 2017
not that bad actually even tho it's still problematic but i dunno...
something about Megan Fox's actually Trying and Raph looking pretty hot makes it less awful
February 19, 2017
Is it over yet seriously what the f**k is this aliens vs a transformer Jesus bay u don f**ked up
February 4, 2017
I enjoyed this one, great seeing them come to life and the battles they faced
½ February 2, 2017
Ugh.. from the colors to the shaky cam to the bright lights. & stupid references, the Shredder's outfit the stupid Megan fox romance shit and the at times computer game looking CGI, it's a bit of a disaster. Makes me almost want to kill myself.
½ January 30, 2017
This movie was so bad.....I can't even begin to describe just how bad it is. I love the actual turtles but I hate Megan Fox's acting. This movie was not meant for her. The fact that they forced her to fit that role is just scary. I could not even watch it to the end. I just wanted it to be over already.
½ January 26, 2017
Not as many explosions as you would think, good job Michael
½ January 19, 2017
Okay, the turtles' reflexes were good, but Michael Bay went over the top with the special effects. I wish he'd realize what he's doing wrong that makes his movies go downhill.
½ January 18, 2017
Okay movie! I saw it in Theaters and i thought it was good. Good Job Michael Bay! HAVE A COOKIE!
½ January 17, 2017
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is, pardon the pun, a shell of what it should be. It's a rollicking sort of carefree Action/Adventure film but it's so stock and lacking in meaningful creativity as to be borderline insulting. The entire movie is a transparent mess of clich and modern moviemaking tripe that emphasizes style, fast camera work, and sound over good core storytelling and meaningful drama. Certainly the franchise doesn't necessarily lend itself well to the deeply complex themes of today's world -- at least not on the surface -- but an effort to move beyond an assembly line style of filmmaking would have gone a long way. As it is, this is the new poster child for modern cinema drivel, a movie that offers nothing more than a facelift for any other Michael bay-influenced motion picture. Viewers that disliked Bay's Transformers films (Bay produced this movie) will probably find Ninja Turtles equally unpalatable, while core franchise veterans will likely be disappointed with this directionless, paint-by-number "extravaganza."
December 28, 2016
Not an entertaining nor interesting movie.
½ December 15, 2016
Loud and explosive, everything that we have come to expect. Unfortunately fails to tell the iconic story the way it deserves to be handled.
December 10, 2016
Not about the turtles, it's all about Megan Fox.
½ November 21, 2016
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is a dull, expensive special effects-laden commercial for Pizza Hut's Cheesy Bites, being over-reliant on CGI that uses such a lackluster story, being nothing more than Megan Fox watching and reacting to whatever the Turtles do.