Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II - The Secret of the Ooze - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II - The Secret of the Ooze Reviews

½ October 7, 2015
My real question is why does Michaelangelo sound like some west coast surfer, while the rest of the turtles sound straight up New Yawk??
September 27, 2015
I actually like this one just as much as the first. It was really good and deserves more attention. I thought it was actually a little more enjoyable. Sure it was comical, but that's what made it so good. I thought this was a very good TMNT movie. Definitely better than the first in my opinion.
September 22, 2015
Alright sequel to a magnificent film which made the 90's Rock! As Vanilla Ice once said, "Go Ninja, Go Ninja, Go!"
½ August 21, 2015
While the sequel to the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie continues the story in a logical way, the fact that the tone and atmosphere of the original is absent from Secret of the Ooze makes it a disappointing follow up.
½ July 28, 2015
Nostalgia, sweet nostalgia!
June 1, 2015
Underrated. This is a fun movie
May 11, 2015
Awesome childhood movie! cowabunga!!!
April 26, 2015
This movie may be cheesy, but at least it's better than the 2014 reboot we got.
April 12, 2015
I am getting ready for DIGITAL
April 8, 2015
They tried to keep the movie cool and hip instead they got dopey and childish.
April 1, 2015
The one I didn't see as a kid. They never had it at my local Suncoast.
April 1, 2015
If you're a kid at heart as I am than this like the first is fun. Though unlike the first, this one is much more specifically a kids movie. Being much more like the 80's cartoon than even the first film that managed to find a blance between the lighthearted and campy TV show and the darker and grittier Mirage comics. But still I loved the TV show as a kid so I think it's a good time.
March 14, 2015
After the first film was a box office hit, the sequel went into production almost immediately. However, parents complained about the violence in the first film, so Ninja Turtles II is more kid friendly. The movie is not that good, but that doesn't mean it's not entertaining. The turtles still look great, it's bright and colorful(in a good way), and there's that dumb but fun Vanilla Ice bit.
½ March 9, 2015
This movie was so stupid, so idiotic, so confusing, and so insulting to children's intelligence...that I enjoyed it. I've always been a "glass half-full" kind of person when it comes it movies, and I like some of the things in this movie. Call it a guilty pleasure. Does that make it good? Eeehhh, no. No it's not. You're better off with the original 1990 movie for your cinematic TMNT escapades. All I can say is, Movie, 10 flips, now.
½ March 3, 2015
A goofy, fun nostalgic guilty pleasure.
February 22, 2015
Remember when movies used to be an hour and a half. Nostalgia.
½ February 21, 2015
* Enjoyable film as a nostalgia trip
* Inventive fight sequences are fun to watch.
* Conclusion of the film is a bit sudden, and feels rushed.
February 15, 2015
I'm pretty sure this was my favorite TMNT movie when I was a kid. At any rate, it was the one I remembered the most when I watched it again. I remember thinking they were the best thing since sliced bread at the time, and while I can't still say that now, it was a lot of fun to revisit it and relive a bit of my childhood.
February 12, 2015
Haha this takes me back! A pretty good movie if you're 8 years old
January 4, 2015
Has a really good idea, but ends up screwing it up too much, and the absence of one major character is ridiculous.