Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II - The Secret of the Ooze - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II - The Secret of the Ooze Reviews

½ January 29, 2016
Dumber goofier and cheezier than the first one. Sometimes fun but often awful or just forgettable.
½ January 21, 2016
Even though it's a little bit more kid friendly,which I did like, and they really didn't use their weapons in the whole movie, I still really enjoyed.
½ January 11, 2016
It is painfull to see, how this movie reacted to the reviews of its predecessor, especially those complains made by parents (who claimed TMNT supports the use of weapons and makes fighting look funny). I'm sorry, but that's what TMNT is about, and it was the gravestone of this movie. The weapons stay attached ot the turtles, the fights are even more silly than in the last movie, and the dialogues are getting worse by the second. Watch this movie for nostalgia only!
January 3, 2016
La desastrosa secuela de "Las Tortugas Ninja" pierde todas las cualidades de la primera entrega y resalta todos sus defectos: esta es una película idiota, mal dirigida, mal actuada y con una interpretación del rappero Vanilla Ice que hay que ver para creer.
½ December 26, 2015
It's one of my guilty pleasures.
December 2, 2015
Poor plot, poor acting, Poor writing, poor action.
½ October 7, 2015
My real question is why does Michaelangelo sound like some west coast surfer, while the rest of the turtles sound straight up New Yawk??
September 27, 2015
I actually like this one just as much as the first. It was really good and deserves more attention. I thought it was actually a little more enjoyable. Sure it was comical, but that's what made it so good. I thought this was a very good TMNT movie. Definitely better than the first in my opinion.
September 22, 2015
Alright sequel to a magnificent film which made the 90's Rock! As Vanilla Ice once said, "Go Ninja, Go Ninja, Go!"
½ August 21, 2015
While the sequel to the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie continues the story in a logical way, the fact that the tone and atmosphere of the original is absent from Secret of the Ooze makes it a disappointing follow up.
½ July 28, 2015
Nostalgia, sweet nostalgia!
June 1, 2015
Underrated. This is a fun movie
May 11, 2015
Awesome childhood movie! cowabunga!!!
April 26, 2015
This movie may be cheesy, but at least it's better than the 2014 reboot we got.
April 12, 2015
I am getting ready for DIGITAL
April 8, 2015
They tried to keep the movie cool and hip instead they got dopey and childish.
April 1, 2015
The one I didn't see as a kid. They never had it at my local Suncoast.
April 1, 2015
If you're a kid at heart as I am than this like the first is fun. Though unlike the first, this one is much more specifically a kids movie. Being much more like the 80's cartoon than even the first film that managed to find a blance between the lighthearted and campy TV show and the darker and grittier Mirage comics. But still I loved the TV show as a kid so I think it's a good time.
March 14, 2015
After the first film was a box office hit, the sequel went into production almost immediately. However, parents complained about the violence in the first film, so Ninja Turtles II is more kid friendly. The movie is not that good, but that doesn't mean it's not entertaining. The turtles still look great, it's bright and colorful(in a good way), and there's that dumb but fun Vanilla Ice bit.
½ March 9, 2015
This movie was so stupid, so idiotic, so confusing, and so insulting to children's intelligence...that I enjoyed it. I've always been a "glass half-full" kind of person when it comes it movies, and I like some of the things in this movie. Call it a guilty pleasure. Does that make it good? Eeehhh, no. No it's not. You're better off with the original 1990 movie for your cinematic TMNT escapades. All I can say is, Movie, 10 flips, now.