Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II - The Secret of the Ooze - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II - The Secret of the Ooze Reviews

November 29, 2014
It is a bit more childish than the original, and thus cannot transcend its target audience/time period like the first film did, but it is still a decent sequel.
October 25, 2014
Oh...my...God. Stay away!
October 18, 2014
My family and I LOVE watching Ninja turtles! Go Ninja go Ninja go!!!!
October 11, 2014
Kevin Nash makes his acting debut as super shredder, worth watching just for that haha
½ September 25, 2014
Sillier than the original and it's a little disappointing that they had to recast April, but still fun to watch. I can't say this is as good as the original because it feels like a step down, but I always enjoyed this one the most growing up and that still holds true. It doesn't take itself seriously at all, but still retains what makes TMNT fun (unlike number 3). There are times when they take the silliness too far, but overall it is pretty enjoyable and kids will most certainly love it. It has a special charm that is unexplainable to me.
September 22, 2014
Not as strong as one because it's more kid friendly but it is still a good movie.
½ September 4, 2014
49%
Pulling back on the harmless violence and sheer wit of the first film, The Secret of the Ooze is a nostalgic but less successful sequel.
September 2, 2014
awsome sequal to the first part
½ September 1, 2014
Over concerned parents who were upset because they somehow thought the first Ninja turtles film was not appropriate for kids ruined this film. It does all right in the end. Good plot, more great puppetry from Jim Henson Muppets, but in the producers efforts to make the film more comfortable for these over concerned parents, they took a lot of the life and energy of the film away. It could have been a great sequel had they stuck to what worked in the original and ignored these few over concerned parents. All-in-all, the film pretty good though, still better than the third film.
August 29, 2014
I recommend this to kids 7+
August 25, 2014
This Quickly Made Sequel, Now Focuses On Shredder's Side, As We Learn Of Who He Was, Before He Became The Head Of The Foot Clan. After His Previous Encounter With The Turtles, Shredder Learns Of Their Origins. So He Decides To Kidnap A Scientists And The Last Container Of The Same Ooze In Which Mutated Our Heroes. Shredder Wants To Create Mutations Of His Own To Destroy The Turtles. This Entertaining Family Flick Is Just Really The Same Formula As It's Predecessor And Just As Entertaining.
August 21, 2014
Despite the hokey premise and the idea of Vanilla Ice in a Ninja Turtles movie, the undeniable charm of the turtles and their brotherly bond still wields a profound execution; a love note to Ninja Turtle fans as well as 90's movie classic.
½ August 20, 2014
A lot more toned down than the 1st entry.....but i still like this one..new April, Ernie Reyes Jr as Kato the high-fly kickin' ninja-kid,wrestler Kevin Nash (Big Daddy Cool Diesel to WWF fans..;), Vanilla Ice with his "best" song, & the resurrection of Shred Head...so nothin but good stuff here..:)
½ August 19, 2014
Okay, I'll keep it brief and too the point. The first film was stupid in an awesome way. It was funny, awesome, and memorable. This film was stupid-lame for the most part. Yes, the turtles were great as always, but the film around them was so juvenile and cheesy it didn't work. And those big toy Dino's? So annoyingly dumb.
August 19, 2014
Go Ninja Go Ninja Go Go!!!
½ August 18, 2014
I actually enjoyed the 3rd movie more
August 16, 2014
Even funnier and more exciting than the first one!
½ August 16, 2014
(First full viewing - In my early twenties)
½ August 15, 2014
The sequel is definitely a huge step down. It has a much more light hearted tone and thanks to dumb parent complaints doesn't let the turtles use their damn weapons. That said its still a lot of fun at times and I'm sure kids will be less concerned about its story problems. An okay kids flick but one that clearly showed the franchise sliding fast
August 14, 2014