Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II - The Secret of the Ooze - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II - The Secret of the Ooze Reviews

½ March 3, 2015
A goofy, fun nostalgic guilty pleasure.
February 22, 2015
Remember when movies used to be an hour and a half. Nostalgia.
½ February 21, 2015
* Enjoyable film as a nostalgia trip
* Inventive fight sequences are fun to watch.
* Conclusion of the film is a bit sudden, and feels rushed.
February 15, 2015
I'm pretty sure this was my favorite TMNT movie when I was a kid. At any rate, it was the one I remembered the most when I watched it again. I remember thinking they were the best thing since sliced bread at the time, and while I can't still say that now, it was a lot of fun to revisit it and relive a bit of my childhood.
February 12, 2015
Haha this takes me back! A pretty good movie if you're 8 years old
January 4, 2015
Has a really good idea, but ends up screwing it up too much, and the absence of one major character is ridiculous.
½ December 25, 2014
Best out of the three
½ December 7, 2014
A wackier, funnier, and all around better sequel with more action, references and everything bad and good you'd come to expect.
November 29, 2014
It is a bit more childish than the original, and thus cannot transcend its target audience/time period like the first film did, but it is still a decent sequel.
October 25, 2014
Oh...my...God. Stay away!
October 18, 2014
My family and I LOVE watching Ninja turtles! Go Ninja go Ninja go!!!!
October 11, 2014
Kevin Nash makes his acting debut as super shredder, worth watching just for that haha
½ September 25, 2014
Sillier than the original and it's a little disappointing that they had to recast April, but still fun to watch. I can't say this is as good as the original because it feels like a step down, but I always enjoyed this one the most growing up and that still holds true. It doesn't take itself seriously at all, but still retains what makes TMNT fun (unlike number 3). There are times when they take the silliness too far, but overall it is pretty enjoyable and kids will most certainly love it. It has a special charm that is unexplainable to me.
September 22, 2014
Not as strong as one because it's more kid friendly but it is still a good movie.
½ September 4, 2014
49%
Pulling back on the harmless violence and sheer wit of the first film, The Secret of the Ooze is a nostalgic but less successful sequel.
September 2, 2014
awsome sequal to the first part
August 29, 2014
I recommend this to kids 7+
August 25, 2014
This Quickly Made Sequel, Now Focuses On Shredder's Side, As We Learn Of Who He Was, Before He Became The Head Of The Foot Clan. After His Previous Encounter With The Turtles, Shredder Learns Of Their Origins. So He Decides To Kidnap A Scientists And The Last Container Of The Same Ooze In Which Mutated Our Heroes. Shredder Wants To Create Mutations Of His Own To Destroy The Turtles. This Entertaining Family Flick Is Just Really The Same Formula As It's Predecessor And Just As Entertaining.
August 21, 2014
Despite the hokey premise and the idea of Vanilla Ice in a Ninja Turtles movie, the undeniable charm of the turtles and their brotherly bond still wields a profound execution; a love note to Ninja Turtle fans as well as 90's movie classic.
½ August 20, 2014
A lot more toned down than the 1st entry.....but i still like this one..new April, Ernie Reyes Jr as Kato the high-fly kickin' ninja-kid,wrestler Kevin Nash (Big Daddy Cool Diesel to WWF fans..;), Vanilla Ice with his "best" song, & the resurrection of Shred Head...so nothin but good stuff here..:)