Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II - The Secret of the Ooze - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II - The Secret of the Ooze Reviews

April 1, 2015
The one I didn't see as a kid. They never had it at my local Suncoast.
April 1, 2015
If you're a kid at heart as I am than this like the first is fun. Though unlike the first, this one is much more specifically a kids movie. Being much more like the 80's cartoon than even the first film that managed to find a blance between the lighthearted and campy TV show and the darker and grittier Mirage comics. But still I loved the TV show as a kid so I think it's a good time.
March 14, 2015
After the first film was a box office hit, the sequel went into production almost immediately. However, parents complained about the violence in the first film, so Ninja Turtles II is more kid friendly. The movie is not that good, but that doesn't mean it's not entertaining. The turtles still look great, it's bright and colorful(in a good way), and there's that dumb but fun Vanilla Ice bit.
½ March 9, 2015
This movie was so stupid, so idiotic, so confusing, and so insulting to children's intelligence...that I enjoyed it. I've always been a "glass half-full" kind of person when it comes it movies, and I like some of the things in this movie. Call it a guilty pleasure. Does that make it good? Eeehhh, no. No it's not. You're better off with the original 1990 movie for your cinematic TMNT escapades. All I can say is, Movie, 10 flips, now.
½ March 3, 2015
A goofy, fun nostalgic guilty pleasure.
February 22, 2015
Remember when movies used to be an hour and a half. Nostalgia.
½ February 21, 2015
* Enjoyable film as a nostalgia trip
* Inventive fight sequences are fun to watch.
* Conclusion of the film is a bit sudden, and feels rushed.
February 15, 2015
I'm pretty sure this was my favorite TMNT movie when I was a kid. At any rate, it was the one I remembered the most when I watched it again. I remember thinking they were the best thing since sliced bread at the time, and while I can't still say that now, it was a lot of fun to revisit it and relive a bit of my childhood.
February 12, 2015
Haha this takes me back! A pretty good movie if you're 8 years old
January 4, 2015
Has a really good idea, but ends up screwing it up too much, and the absence of one major character is ridiculous.
½ December 25, 2014
Best out of the three
½ December 7, 2014
A wackier, funnier, and all around better sequel with more action, references and everything bad and good you'd come to expect.
November 29, 2014
It is a bit more childish than the original, and thus cannot transcend its target audience/time period like the first film did, but it is still a decent sequel.
October 25, 2014
Oh...my...God. Stay away!
October 18, 2014
My family and I LOVE watching Ninja turtles! Go Ninja go Ninja go!!!!
October 11, 2014
Kevin Nash makes his acting debut as super shredder, worth watching just for that haha
½ September 25, 2014
Sillier than the original and it's a little disappointing that they had to recast April, but still fun to watch. I can't say this is as good as the original because it feels like a step down, but I always enjoyed this one the most growing up and that still holds true. It doesn't take itself seriously at all, but still retains what makes TMNT fun (unlike number 3). There are times when they take the silliness too far, but overall it is pretty enjoyable and kids will most certainly love it. It has a special charm that is unexplainable to me.
September 22, 2014
Not as strong as one because it's more kid friendly but it is still a good movie.
½ September 4, 2014
49%
Pulling back on the harmless violence and sheer wit of the first film, The Secret of the Ooze is a nostalgic but less successful sequel.
September 2, 2014
awsome sequal to the first part