Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III Reviews

November 11, 2014
Still funny but not very great partly because of the overly long jokes and ridiculous plot and characters.
October 8, 2014
The turtles go back in time and fight off a rebel army leader.
September 25, 2014
Here's where they completely flew off the wagon with this. Not only is the plot completely a gimmick and not worth the charm of the characters, but it lost the fun and replaced it with bad one liners and too much goofiness. A lack of ideas is evident from the get go. It's just not fun at all and does not explore what made the TMNT characters so popular. They also changed the puppets and they were not as good as the originals from the first two. Not sure what happened there. This one is not worth the time, but if you already found the others not fun than this is not tolerable.
September 21, 2014
Despite it's not funny jokes, bad costumes, cheesy moments and special effects, and it's overwhelming negative reception , I liked this movie
September 4, 2014
37%
There may be treasure for the kids and nostalgic value for adults, but the Turtles' third outing is clumsily written and even more shamelessly childish than the other two films.
September 2, 2014
great sequal to tmnt but time travel got it to be a bit boring
September 1, 2014
Worst turtle movie ever
½ August 29, 2014
I recommend this to kids 7+
August 25, 2014
This Second Sequel Takes Our Heroes Back To 17th Century Japan In Order To Save April O'Neil. After April And A Japanese Prince Switch Places The Turtles Use The Same Relic To Take Them Back In Time To Rescue Her. This Film Is Different In Tone And Has No Darker Material, Unlike The Rest. This Is A Fun-Filled Family Adventure Which Drops In Quality But Still Manges To Entertain.
½ August 23, 2014
This time around the effects (in particular Splinter) and the story were not as good as the first two installments and overall it wasn't nearly as fun either.

I did laugh a little, however, and felt that kids might enjoy the parts that I didn't.
August 23, 2014
Elias Koteas returns 20% as Casey Jones and 80% as Edwin Epps
August 21, 2014
What's this? Turtles in time?! Not as bad as everyone says, but yes still pretty bad
½ August 20, 2014
Good idea on paper.....but this did'nt work as a Turtle adventure...maybe if we got a glimpse of Krang in this 1, or The Fly, someone..INTERESTING. Instead, we get a angry, blonde, narcisstic punk who is upset he has no meaning/power until he gets a hold of the sacred septor....that is until the turtles get thrown in the situation...but kinda a letdown..:(
½ August 19, 2014
Why are people not more freaked out at the 4 giant, talking turtles? There is an initial shock, followed by an easy acceptance. WTF?!
½ August 19, 2014
What started out as great is now greatly terrible. With a dumb plot and bad acting, "TMNT 3" is dumb. Its over the top, has bad dialog, and an uninteresting story. Time travel? Really?
I think if the series had kept the original director, things would have gone better and we would've gotten better sequels.
½ August 16, 2014
(First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
½ August 16, 2014
"Really stupid."
? Stephen Hunter, Baltimore Sun
½ August 15, 2014
Third time was definitely not the charm for the Ninja Turtles franchise. While at least they use their weapons occasionally unlike the second movie and the ancient Japan timeframe was interesting a combination of inferior puppet work than its predecessors and absolutely terrible jokes even for a kids movie make this one outright poor. It comes across more like a direct to video movie even though it was released in the theater. Amazing the turtles franchise survived it
August 13, 2014
Writer/director Stuart Gillard tries to inject some life into the project by including some tongue-in-cheek scenes in 17th-century Japan, but it quickly degenerates into half-hearted cartoonish action. Of course it's less amateurish than the 1990 original, less embarrassing than the 1991 sequel (with its mind-boggling Vanilla Ice ninja-rap number), this may be the easiest installment in the series for parents to sit through. For what the film is, time travelling was just an excuse as ideas must've been running out. A few good moments but it's the oddest and the worst out of three.
½ August 12, 2014
Just a complete piece of crap. If you're, not just a fan of the TMNT, but also a same person, save yourself and don't watch this.