Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - We Wish You a Turtle Christmas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - We Wish You a Turtle Christmas Reviews

January 10, 2016
This film should have at least under 10%.
½ January 8, 2016
its so bad, its good
December 1, 2013
this movie changed my life! this film is so beautiful, with such an uplifting message to young children and people everywhere, that I found myself crying at its closure. I would especially like to mention the part where michaelangelo sings so beautifully in opera in times square *sigh* it pulls my heart strings everytime.
November 23, 2013
½ December 25, 2012
Merry Christmas, everyone. I'm writing this review on December 25, 2012, and I say "Bah, humbug" to this movie. I hate it, the whole 25 minutes of it! I've never watched or really liked the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles because they're just not funny. They're an exact stereotype of surfer dudes from the '90s, which could be a good idea, but surfer dudes aren't that funny. Anyway, what is "We Wish You a Turtle Christmas"? It was a Turtles direct-to-video 25 minute-long Christmas special where the Turtles do nothing else than sing. It's more like "We Wish You a Turtle Christmas Where we Sing the Whole Half Hour"..
At least there is a LITTLE bit of a story to it. The turtles forget to give their rat master Splinter a Christmas present and they need to hurry and get it for him, but they just waste time singing songs. One of the turtles annoying sings an opera song, and most of the songs are just raps with heavily annoying early '90s beats. It sounds like a Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff song. It's NOTHING but singing, and if you know me, I hate musicals or any singing whatsoever. Even the turtle costumes are badly put together. The performers constantly miss timing when lip synching and when the Turtles are talking, the suit's lips don't move a muscle. It's a badly put together piece of crap that just wanted more power hungry cash for the idiots who made the TMNT franchise.
December 23, 2012
Absolute crap other than a few moments of familiar turtle style humor.
December 10, 2012
"We Wish You a Turtle Christmas" is an incredibly cheap attempt to sucker in children that are fans of the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" that has little redeeming features. The costumes are very bad (if you look closely you'll be able to see the clip belts holding them together in a couple of scenes) and the attempts at lip-synching are almost non-existent, the jokes are obvious and recycled from every other TMNT media and with a 25 minute running time, there is no story to really speak of. Don't expect any ninja action at all and don't expect to see any TMNT characters besides the turtles and "Splinter". The only spark of creativity in the whole film are a couple of the songs (the ones that aren't pre-existing songs with the words "pizza", "turtles" or "splinter" substituted in) with may not be genuinely good but are kind of catchy. "We Wish You a Turtle Christmas" is a terrible Christmas special that is only enjoyable if you are pre-determined to make fun of it due to it's poor execution. (VHS, December 7, 2012)
½ October 18, 2012
What can I really say about this film?? Its obscure definitely, and I can't even believe this thing exists. The costumes are atrocious, and now I must look at this with an open mind because I do think fans of TMNT were spoiled by the costumes of the first and second live action movie. However, these costumes are pretty horrible looking. The teeth of the costumes never stop moving and are horribly synced with the voice overs. The shells were pretty shaky themselves and you could see the crotch area exposed for a good length to. The voices were just annoying at times, and even Splinter looked horrible. The voice he had was just disappointing. Even the children singing were obviously lip singing. But instead of point out the flaws I will just address what its worth.
Its a cheesy Christmas Special, featuring the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Its stupid yeah, but at least a little bit of thought went into it. To put it simple its bad, but it has a bit of cheese factor, a good thing I can say about this special is the range of music. Its all over the place and even goes from Opera to Rap, but as for the songs themselves, they are all themed to fit the TMNT such as pizza and...well more pizza. There are a lot more inconsistencies, but why bother telling them, I saw this on youtube just to see it, if you wanna do the same I say check it out just to see how weird and bizarre it is.
May 21, 2012
I think we've found a contender for worst Christmas special. Hell, at least it's only 25 minutes long.
½ December 10, 2011
I'd like to say I have no words to express the sheer hysterical horror of this Christmas special. The truth is, since it's only 23 minutes, I have almost too many words. Where to begin? The story gives us the turtles doing nothing turtlely. Don't expect any fighting or ninja moves. This is simply the 4 turtles singing, almost non-stop for 23 minutes, as they try and find a gift for Splinter. The suits are so atrociously bad. These creepy fucks never stop smiling. It was more like some sinister horror movie. They have one facial expression, and that expression is "rape". It's also very hard to see where Splinter's face is supposed to be. I think they just stuck googly eyes onto some brown cotton wool. Next we should focus on the music, as this is a musical. It doesn't just focus on bad 90's hip/hop and pop. Oh no siree! This little gem is going to take down as many musical genres as it can, kicking and screaming. Within the first few seconds Leonardo breaks into Deck the Halls...in a Jamaican accent. It's on par with Sebastian from The Little Mermaid, but at least he also spoke with a Jamaican accent. Why is a turtle from New York singing a Christmas song in a Jamaican accent? The lyrics have also been changed to include turtle references. Later we are treated to Michaelangelo singing opera in the middle of New York, and let's not forget the classic Wrap Rap. If you find bad things hilarious, you must watch this. Even though, it never quite tops the opening number. Pure insanity to imagine that at some point a producer suggested a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles musical with no fighting.
November 20, 2011
Dear word, was this bad. If any of you are curious, just watch James Rolfe's (The Angry Video Game Nerd's) take on it.
June 26, 2011
This is DEFINITELY on par with the Star Wars Holiday Special.
January 2, 2011
Worst video ever. You can even see Leonardo's PENIS! D:
December 28, 2010
Not only this the worst thing with the ninja turtles name, it's the worst christmas movie ever!!!!!!
December 12, 2010
If you thought the 3rd movie was horrible, this movie is even worse.