Teenage Paparazzo Reviews

• Mar 14, 2017

This is a super film. I've seen it more than once.

This is a super film. I've seen it more than once.

• Mar 14, 2017

This was spectacular and very ahead of its time.

This was spectacular and very ahead of its time.

• Jul 27, 2015

Adrian, come on, there has to be more interesting stuff than this going on.

Adrian, come on, there has to be more interesting stuff than this going on.

• Feb 09, 2015

An Informative Piece On A Naive Actors View Of His Own New-Found Fame. People Crave Famous People & The Paparazzi Facilitate That Fantasy, Even If It's Quite Fake, Staged Or Profit Driven.

• Sep 19, 2013

An insightful and thought provoking look at the life of a paparazzo. Although the film is exploiting a 14 year old boy, which I don't agree with, it also gives the audience an insight on the idiotic Hollywood lifestyle which promotes materialism and consumerism in young people.

• Aug 10, 2013

Matt Damon's forth coming sci-fi movie "Elysium" is raising bars. But, I took time and move back and watched his movie "Teenage Paparazzo" which was released in 2010 and simply AWESOME. I was to rate this movie that time. I would have given 5/5 star. Better watch before you die.

• Apr 23, 2013

An interesting peek into the paparazzi world behind the lens of a 13 year old teen!

• Mar 10, 2013

Privacy is the new luxury? Probably not. This movie tries to look at a new standpoint in understanding celebrity world from the first hand. Assuming a role in that sphere, Adrian said that gossip was not only about him or the people working in the industry. It was about people lives connected to him. I think that it goes through one of basic human social needs. Social scientists even has a name for it, parasocial relationship. This is more than about celebrities pissed off for the violation of privacy rights. Intrinsically, this documentary has a main character aged 14 who is apparently not a pipsqueak like the extent of the movie itself due to the dichotomy with which they are dealing. Let us say that Adrian is tired of being famous while the kid is curious about being one. In order to grasp an understanding on that issue, "Teenage Paparazzo" is kind of a medium for Adrian to establish two-way communication with his "mosquitos". Interestingly, you will be watching how a reverse situation takes place. Moreover, this movie even talks over the nature of world-winning photo journalism relative to the kid's viewpoint as a young photographer. I think that could improve the subject in the future in terms of a degree of reality that a camera can take. Both through and beyond the lenses, somebody is only human. Human in this age does not need privacy as attention is more tantalizing. Attention is the new luxury. Privacy is just a need.

• Jan 03, 2013

This phenomenon about celebrity watching is not new. There has always been a market for people that cannot get enough of their favorite movie stars and other so-called celebrities that are the subject of tabloids and gossip columns. The explosion of this trend to the extent it dominates the popular culture has only been a recent fad. Before this explosion of information created by the arrival of publications like People and others that need the pictures to give to their readers. Austin Visschedyk who was fourteen at the time the film was made, shocks the world with his age and choice of lifestyle. The son of a divorced elite family who moonlights and squirms himself into the mass media frenzy. Has curfew or general guidance, disciplined in his informative years. Adrian Grenier, the director, shows a man that knows what he wants and he is not easily impressed with the life style of his fellow celebrities. The documentary is fast moving as it moves from one location as the pack of paparazzi go after the shots of people in the news and feed the public's insatiable curiosity for the fantasy lives they cannot even aspire to live.

• Dec 27, 2012

My favorite documentary - ever.

My favorite documentary - ever.