Telmisseomding (Tell Me Something) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Telmisseomding (Tell Me Something) Reviews

½ February 10, 2016
creepy dark & grisly comes this serial killer tale from Korea.
½ July 6, 2014
A stylish thriller that is not afraid to venture into gruesome territory. It does a good job building up suspense, but there are perhaps too many plot twists towards the end. I do like movies that end on ambiguous note, but this one seems to overdo it a bit, definitely achieving the goal of confusing the audience.
½ April 14, 2014
The Great Thriller film and Ending it so PEAK.
October 26, 2013
"A grisly, dark bit of entertainment." "A complicated and stylish Korean thriller that will make viewers' skin crawl."
½ June 4, 2013
One of the worst thrillers i have ever seen.
February 17, 2012
Another gory Korean crime thriller. Predictable plot, but still a good movie.
May 29, 2011
tad slow, but quite an engrossing,thrilling watch. guessed one half of the twist within the first thirty minutes.
WrenchLT
½ April 13, 2011
Grisly Korean serial killer thriller. It's a little bit overlong, has a few plot holes and the twist ending isn't quite as surprising as it tried to be. Still a solid effort, it was certainly twisted and gruesome enough for me. If you enjoy disturbing thrillers like The Silence of the Lambs and Se7en then give this a look.
February 7, 2011
The ending was twisted that makes you think, "so who was the real killer?". Some of the small things were very badly shot. For example, when the cop makes two cups of coffee, the room was in pitch dark condition, and all of a sudden you see a desk lamp. So yeah, apart from all those small mistakes, it's worth watching.
January 10, 2011
if your stomach is weak dont watch this film
December 21, 2010
One thing I really hate is when a foreign film tries to become a cliche Hollywood mystery film and fails. One thing I hate even more is when it succeeds. This film is by far the worst Korean film I have ever seen. Cliche Hollywood films are bad on their own, why would one from another country, even one where some of my favorite films come from, make it any better? The acting is extremely mediocre, the relationships are unbelievably fake, and the story is super predictable. I jokingly guessed who the real killer was from the very beginning, literally as soon as he/she (don't want to spoil anything w/ gender) was introduced. Then as the story moved along, I began to realize that I was absolutely right. Literally anyone who has seen at least one movie like this at one point or another in their life will be able to tell who is good, who is evil, who will die and when, who will fall in love with who, and all that jazz. Honestly, I've never been so disappointed in a film that I had no expectations for (which, I guess, isn't really saying much, but I'm sure you get my point).
November 23, 2010
Tiens en halène, gore comme il faut malheureusement à trop vouloir faire compliquer ou finit par perdre ses spectateurs... la fin n'est pas très clair!!! gros dommage!!!
½ September 4, 2010
A solid if unremarkable Korean entry into the psychological thriller genre, that is a lot better than the Seven comparisons would have us believe. At just under 2 hours about 20 minutes to long and it occasionally drags, but if you like your blood a bright crimson and your bodies in parts then this is highly recommended.
March 6, 2010
as far as serial killer movies go this one's pretty good.. it's not the best thing ever 'cos the killer is quite easy to guess, but the story does do a nice job pointing to all other characters just to keep you guessing if you were right after the first 5mins

the main characters are flawed enough to keep things interesting and the basic package looks nice..
November 22, 2009
Good but overly confused serial killer film.
November 15, 2009
Korean flick in the vein of "Se7en" is a solid and sometimes very gruesome crime thriller. I guessed the killer early on but only because I watch so many of these movies and not through fault of the film itself.
October 5, 2009
Not a bad movie, but it really tried to emulate more American style movies such as Seven and maybe some of the Japanese films of Kyoshi Kurosawa. It's nowhere near any of the two principals mentioned there, but it kept my interest all the way through, except maybe the end, where it got kind of hokey. I pretty much could predict how it was going to go, so it never surprised me. It still seems better than some of the Hollywood movies of the same vein.
½ August 7, 2009
Well directed with some very impressive scenes. Abit too long though.
June 16, 2009
I'd never heard of this thing but I saw it in Fopp for a couple quid and it had the words 'Asia Extreme' on the top so I gave it a go. You like Se7en? You might like this, especially if you particularly liked the rain in that film. Very slow middle but the start and end were good - especially the twisty end.

The twisty end would have been even better if it had made more sense. Now I know only tards complain that films don't spell it out for them, but it wouldn't have hurt to have given us a bit more info, a bit more of a steer. Like, say, decent motives would have been nice.

Some of the music choices were a bit uninspired - Nick Cave's Red Right Hand, you mean like in Scream 1-3? Shostakovich's Jazz Waltz thing, as in Eyes Wide Shut? The funky RRH remix during the finale was pretty cool though. And the frequent playing of that Placebo tune off the 2nd album brought back memories.