Temptation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Temptation Reviews

½ February 15, 2015
Another great movie from Mr Perry!
½ February 6, 2015
Tyler....When are we really going to put together a love story with real substance, this movie was so predictable, I like Jurnee Smollett-Bell she is awesome, but lets focus on a real mind boggling how is this story gonna end, "I thought he was the one that did it" Wow! kinda love story
February 6, 2015
Unfortunately this a very common story
January 6, 2015
I'd die for you.

An ambitious woman from a small town struggling to make ends meet with her small town high school sweet heart in the big city one day meets a rich playboy of sorts. The playboys tells her everything she needs to hear to feel good and have a new exciting lifestyle. She may find out her new exciting lifestyle has as many pitfalls as peaks.

"Why don't you take the whole bucket?"
"Oh, I don't want the whole bucket."

Tyler Perry, director of Diary of a Mad Black Woman, I Can Do Bad All by Myself, For Better or Worse, Madea's Whiteness Protection, Why Did I Get Married 1 & 2, and Meet the Browns, delivers Temptation. The storyline for this picture is very interesting even if the characters are a bit stale and stiff at times. The acting was average and the cast includes Jurnee Smollett-Bell, Lance Gross, Kim Karashian, Vanessa Williams, Robbie Jones, and Brandy Norwood.

"I'm not a lesbian."

We randomly grabbed this off Netflix the other night because we thought the previews looked interesting when it was in theatres. I did enjoy the film and couldn't wait to see what happened, but the characters were frustrating and robotic at times. The acting really is amateurish, but the plot is good and worth following. I recommend seeing this picture for sure.

"She's cheating."

Grade: C+
½ December 10, 2014
Overall, I enjoyed watching this film and liked the storyline.
½ November 27, 2014
Shit on a stick= this movie
November 26, 2014
you won't want to miss a minute of this awesome movie.
November 24, 2014
Great movie made me wanted to get double tested
November 22, 2014
I know it's kinda silly to have a movie that's teaching you a lesson!! A moral lesson!! Still, I like it! It could happen to anyone...Depression is awful and it led someone to do crazy stuff...
November 7, 2014
awesome movie. love everything about it
November 1, 2014
Love Tyler Perry movies..
October 28, 2014
Film Review
"JUDITH, he has my wife." Who has your wife?" "HARLEY" Tyler Perry's Temptation film is about a lady named Judith ( Jurnee Smollett-Bell)who is married and pursues another man name Harley(Robbie Jones). She allows her work life to interfere with her once happy marriage. This movie shows why it is beneficial to stay devoted to your marriage.
Judith was a sweet, smart and charming lady who worked as an in-house therapist for a match making company. Judith was raised the "old fashion way". She attended church every day and had a very strict mother. She was type of woman who you would think a never step out on her husband. Brice (Lance Gross) her husband was a pharmacist who at the beginning paid a lot of attention to his wife but after while forgot her birthday multiple years in a row. Harley was millionaires who was very attractive and introduce Judith to a life she was very unfamiliar with.
Tyler Perry is known for his many Madea movies which are very comedic. I knew going into this movie to expect something different because of the movie trailers. Many people have negative views about what they consider "Tyler Perry movies", I enjoy his many movies and play's because they are so comical. Comical is not what I got in Temptation and I still enjoyed the very serious and realistic movie.
Judith real life situation is her unhappy marriage. Tyler Perry does an awesome job showing how the effect of Judith unhappiness ruins what she has with her husband Brice. He didn't make the storyline predicable which is how his movies usually are but he kept us in tune and made us want to know more about Judith and curious about her next move. Like was it going to be with her husband of many years or the charming rich guy she just met? Jurnee Smollett-Bell acting really helps make the story line out of the ordinary. This is the first movie I've seen her play in and she really brought her character to life and made her very relatable.
Brice real life situation is being the type of husband who loves there wife but pays her no attention. Lance Gross character is the main reason his wife was drove to be with another man. Lance Gross plays the forgetful husband very well. It's very clear on why Judith did the things she did. Not saying what she did was right.
Harley realistic situation was him being that rich guy every girl wanted to be with. The charming personality, good looks and money attracted Judith. Robbie Jones plays his roll very well I even believed he had good intentions with Judith. Tyler Perry made Robbie character so relatable to today's society because so many girls would rather have the rich attractive guy instead of "normal" man.
Judith turned her back on her husband and mother for a man who was no good. Things maybe rocky at one point in life, but you cannot allow someone to change your whole life in just a second. Judith's husband was slacking in some areas but he came through for her when she really needed it. The lesson is being loyal to those who are loyal to you.

Temptation was a really enjoyable movie. I appreciated the many ah-ha moments. Also the great acting and interesting story line Tyler Perry used. I would definitely recommend this movie and rate it an 9/10. This is one of the movies you can watch more than once and still enjoy it every time.
½ October 28, 2014
Film Review

October 23, 2014
I actually liked this movie! I thought it had a lot of deep meanings within the film. I will be watching this one again!
½ October 20, 2014
I watched this because if the How Did This Get Made podcast was reviewing it. This movie is a misogynistic moral tale. This movie is nuts. Bat S crazy.
October 15, 2014
A really terrible film. Basically a morality tale which seeks to inform women that they need to not cheat on their husbands or else they will get AIDSs. What shocked me was the fact that every woman who is not the god fearing church going mom is portrayed as a monster. Brandy even has a line in which she explains that she deserved to get aids because she knew the man she dated slept around. Nobody talks like that! Kim Kardashian is a complete bitch, the boss woman using a fake accent the whole film because she wants people to take her serious (b/c nobody questions a Black lady from the United States having a French accent) and the lead female is one of the most selfish human being ever. Throw into the the worlds most absentee husband and you have this film. Seriously this dude gives 0 shits about what is wife is doing at any point in the film until it is almost over. I'm going to assume this is Tyler Perry's worst film but I have no desire to see another one.
October 13, 2014
This movie was phenomenal!! I don't understand all of the negative reviews. I think that every married couple or woman who thinks she is "unhappy" in her marriage should watch this movie. Great portrayal of the "grass is NOT greener" syndrome.
October 12, 2014
I actually dug this little morality play.
½ October 12, 2014
HOW DID THIS GET MADE?!
½ October 8, 2014
Oh boy.....TP sucks as a writer. I guess my biggest issue with the movie is the theme; Brice was a very clueless husband, but somehow is exempt of any blame in the movie and his wife should be punished for feeling taken for granted. For example, Brice forgets his wife's birthday for the second year in a row and all is forgiven when he fake plays the guitar in his underwear. I don't feel like any woman would find that acceptable!!!

Tyler Perry, in a "professionally" written script, had Brice deliver this line to his WIFE: "how was your third week of work?"