Temptation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Temptation Reviews

½ October 8, 2014
Oh boy.....TP sucks as a writer. I guess my biggest issue with the movie is the theme; Brice was a very clueless husband, but somehow is exempt of any blame in the movie and his wife should be punished for feeling taken for granted. For example, Brice forgets his wife's birthday for the second year in a row and all is forgiven when he fake plays the guitar in his underwear. I don't feel like any woman would find that acceptable!!!

Tyler Perry, in a "professionally" written script, had Brice deliver this line to his WIFE: "how was your third week of work?"
October 6, 2014
This was my first Tyler Perry film. This will also be my last Tyler Perry film. The dialogue was horrendous, the characters were unrelatable, and the only thing I truly enjoyed was the ending. I spent an hour and 45 minutes watching this piece of shit and man, do I ever regret it.
½ October 5, 2014
What starts as a half decent, (if disjointed), rumination on marital woes and relationships slowly turns into an all out, completely bonkers roller coaster into film hell. A truly idiotic film saved only by its cheese factor. A film so truly, awfully, jaw-droppingly inept it's worth a watch for its ironic value. So bad it's fantastic; Kardashian and Williams out do each other in this hilarious gem that would have Ed Wood laughing in his grave.
½ October 1, 2014
Enjoyed the movie, loved the twist
½ September 24, 2014
I have to watch these every now and then to see if anything has changed, and it hasn't. I'm a fan of TP the human being, and he's actually a solid actor, but his movies are still dreadful.
September 21, 2014
baaaaaaad, any director that decides to cast Kim K for a movie should be banned from producing films, she was AWFUL , the whole movie was
September 19, 2014
Good but extremely Tyler Perryish and corny.
September 18, 2014
The film begins in a run down building with a counselor helping with a couple that are frustrated in their marriage. After an argument that results in the husband leaving the room, the counselor can tell that the wife has met someone and is considering having an affair. She then proceeds to tell her a story about her sister named Judith.Years ago, Judith (Jurnee Smollett-Bell) is a therapist working at a matchmaking agency owned by Janice (Vanessa L. Williams). She is married to her childhood sweetheart Brice (Lance Gross) whom she has known since she was 6. Brice and Judith attend the same church as her mother Miss Sarah (Ella Joyce), a devout Christian with strong beliefs. Brice is a pharmacist and is soon introduced to a new employee, Melinda (Brandy Norwood). Melinda soon reveals that she is on the run from an abusive boyfriend, who had tried to kill her. Judith is dissatisfied with her job and anxious to start her own business in marriage counseling, but Brice is cautious and tells her to wait until they are more financially stable, which frustrates Judith. She is further frustrated when Brice refuses to confront men who catcall her on their way home from dinner.Judith meets Harley (Robbie Jones) while at work, a wealthy Internet entrepreneur who wants to invest in Janice's business. Harley attempts to seduce Judith as they work late together on matchmaking surveys. When Harley questions as to why there is no discussion regarding sex, Judith reveals that she does not believe in premarital sex. Harley concludes Judith's sex life is boring and on a schedule, which leads Judith to question her sex life with Brice. She tries to spice up their sex life later at home, only to be rejected.
August 25, 2014
A great movie I would have to say one of Tyler Perry's best
½ August 25, 2014
Very Disappointing, especially for a Tyler Perry film. Writing AND acting seemed "off"
August 22, 2014
I enjoy most of Tyler Perry's movies, but this one just isn't worth watching & it was too much for me to handle. :/
½ August 21, 2014
A complete waste of time. Thank goodness I watched this on demand so I could fast forward through the boring parts (which is like half is the movie). Not only is this movie slow paced, but you can see "the big reveal" coming as soon as it's set up. Stick to playing a woman, Perry, you were way off the mark with this one.
August 20, 2014
Laughably bad. Makes most Lifetime movies look like oscar winners. Why Kim Kardashian is in this movie (or any movie for that matter) is beyond me. She has to be one of the worst actresses I've ever seen. I was hoping "Temptation," might at least have some steamy sex scenes but it doesn't even have that. Epic fail Tyler Perry.
½ August 19, 2014
I have never seen a Tyler Perry film. It wasn't until a drunken party with friends that this bright idea came about of watching this movie on Netflix. There was one particular scene in the airplane that was really disturbing to me. And Perry portrays it as if tape is okay. This movie gives all women a bad rep if you ask me.
½ August 17, 2014
If you are unfaithful someone will beat you and give you HIV. Lesson learned.
August 14, 2014
I liked it a lot from start to finish. It is all based on real life. it makes you think
August 6, 2014
What a thought provoking and engaging movie. Sad at times but truthful.
August 4, 2014
It's a good lesson learned, great movie.
August 1, 2014
STOP STIGMATIZING CERTAIN DESEASE OR CONDITION, MR. PERRY...?HIV is not a punishment... these kind of movie really make the life those who has HIV or other health conditions harder
July 28, 2014
I really loved this movie although I am a little late. If you look close enough, Mr. Perry is informing all of us how temptation can ruin our life. No matter what form it presents it self, it can destroy us. It is nothing to play with and can cause a lot of pain individually and as a family. Be it sex, drugs, stealing, gossiping, lying, over spending (damage your credit-no savings account), the list goes on.