Ten9Eight: Shoot for the Moon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ten9Eight: Shoot for the Moon Reviews

½ February 4, 2013
It is good to praise these youth for their accomplishments, yet I feel this is not for all audiences and that it would be good for motivating future participants or to get funding for the NFTE. That is because it seemed to be selling the NFTE and its role in helping motivate the youth, rather than addressing the actual problems in their underprivileged areas. It was inspiring however, that despite their adverse conditions, they still were able to over come their obstacles to become amateur entrepreneurs.
½ October 29, 2010
I don't want to say it was a bit cheesy in how incredibly up beat it was but it was. The background music alone was pretty generic and a bit annoying. I don't think I'd be so negative if I had seen it in high school during a long boring class, but as a take home DVD its definitely not the best piece of film making.
November 20, 2009
This film is an inspirational documentary on the National Foundation for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) annual business plan contest for inner city and less advantaged high school students. Director and writer Mary Mazzio has crafted a touching and enlightening story that will captivate high school students, teachers, parents and business owners/executives.
½ November 20, 2009
Researching on what NFTE offers, I realize what a great program they have in helping low income students in the city to pursue their entrepreneurial path. But after watching Ten9eight I feel NFTE deserves a better documentary film. The award-winning filmmaker Mary Mazzio must have been on a low budget because it was crap. 85 minutes of following a group of students through a business plan competition, they barely even mention NFTE in the movie. What's the point to say this is a NFTE movie if they don't even mention it? If you want to spend your weekend watching a ?motivational? movie, don?t bother to go and watch it. Ten9eight is the type of movie you want to put on when you?re restless and need a drug to put you to sleep. That?s all it is good for. NFTE you deserve something better than this!