Tender Is the Night Reviews

Sylvester K Super Reviewer
    Oct 13, 2016

Tender is the Night adaptation had the same feeling of the novel, too bad the characters were underdeveloped and the film was a little bit too long to be my liking.

• jay n Super Reviewer
    Oct 30, 2013

Ponderous, overlong adaptation of Fitzgerald's final published novel. Jones is completely wrong in the lead, at least a decade and a half too old and of the wrong temperament, Robards is a great actor but similarly miscast. Jill St. John looks great but doesn't get under the skin of her character. A botched enterprise that looks beautiful but is empty.

• Jun 12, 2011

An F.Scott Fitzgerald Story come to Life.She is his Patient in a Lux Sanitarium in Switzerland.She is an Heiress & Beautiful, they are both in Love with Him.They Marry & embark on a very Lush Lifestyle on the Riviera.It is Delicious Visually with a Wonderful Story.I Adore this Movie.

• Jan 02, 2011

Movie....a mid 3, Fashion...a high FIVE....Jackie O, Michelle O and the well dressed women of Mad Men could all dress from the wardrobe of this movie...and the colors Nicole wore...this movie is worth it just to see the fashion....a full Ann Klien, Chanel, or DK pret-a-porte line could be done from this movie...hats and gloves.....

• Apr 16, 2010

Couldn't really get through it, but the Wiki entry on it makes me want to read the book...does that count?