Tennen Kokekk (A Gentle Breeze in the Village) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tennen Kokekk (A Gentle Breeze in the Village) Reviews

½ March 3, 2008
watched this for kaho, but quite boring...
March 1, 2008
Turns out to be much better than I had thought. Very cute story.
½ February 27, 2008
a feel good and a sort of coming of age film. follows a girl living in rural japan who goes to a combined elementary and middle school with only 6 other kids...which is weird to me. anyway all the kids are cute and the main girl is a great actress. she's very sweet, cute, and innocent. a great portrayal of living a simple life and having a practically carefree childhood. she experiences new emotions and becomes aware of herself as she moves up in middle school and out into HS by the end of the movie. a lot of her new found feelings are conjured up by the the arrival of a tokyo boy whom she doesn't take to immediately but eventually grows very fond of...even though i think he's kind of an ass for the most part. i also want to add how beautiful i thought the setting was. makes me really want to go to those areas of japan. also makes me wish i could be a child again and actually having gone to school there as well....
February 24, 2008
Simplicity meets depth. The perfect childhood, the perfect rural school life, accompanied by a stress free lifestyle. I almost wished I'm 19 again... considering... Masaki Okada.
½ February 19, 2008
Great music, pleasant atmosphere, beautiful setting and excellent piece of storytelling. One of the best Japanese films I've seen in recent years.
½ February 16, 2008
this movie was by far a film which will be remembered for a long long time. The perfect childhood, the perfect rural school life, accompanied by a stress free lifestyle. This film addresses the inner child in all of us, and reminds us adults of the playful nature of children, bringing us in a happy feeling. In contrast to Tokyo lifestyle, gentle breeze reveals a truly unique and wonderful journey from the eyes of the young, and how ones childhood will soon be long gone, but never forgotten. A really really feel good film. 4 1/2 stars.
February 14, 2008
A cute story about life in the inaka (rural countryside), but it's fairly predictable and the development of the romance seems rather forced.
½ January 31, 2008